D-Link DSP-W118 plug timeout

Bit of a long shot… but has anybody had any luck getting D-Link DSP-W118 plugs to work?

I have tried the existing D-Link integration, and also tried getting a custom competent from here:

…to at least connect to the plug, but unfortunately it just times out.

2019-09-01 02:30:34 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.dlink_motion_sensor.dlink] Logging into device
2019-09-01 02:30:44 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of binary_sensor.some_sensor is taking over 10 seconds
2019-09-01 02:30:44 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Updating dlink_motion_sensor binary_sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
2019-09-01 02:30:44 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.dlink_motion_sensor.dlink] Got an error, resetting private key
2019-09-01 02:30:44 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.dlink_motion_sensor.binary_sensor] failed to update motion sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\HomeAssistant\.homeassistant\custom_components\dlink_motion_sensor\dlink.py", line 105, in call
    result = yield from self.soap().call(method, **kwargs)
  File "D:\HomeAssistant\.homeassistant\custom_components\dlink_motion_sensor\dlink.py", line 225, in call
    self.address, data=xml, headers=headers, timeout=10)
  File "c:\users\joe\homeassistant\lib\site-packages\aiohttp\client.py", line 575, in _request
    break
  File "c:\users\joe\homeassistant\lib\site-packages\aiohttp\helpers.py", line 585, in __exit__
    raise asyncio.TimeoutError from None
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError

Any suggestions for debugging why it won’t respond? I tried ping command in Windows cmd shell but I get this (I guess not surprisingly):

Pinging 198.168.0.106 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 198.168.#.###: Destination host unreachable.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey gjjb777,
Ever get your D-Link DSP-W118 to work as I have one too?

Hi @wizoz,

Unfortunately not :frowning:

I was hopeful that it would still use the same login procedure as the other plugins. But it just seems to not respond.

I live in New Zealand, so there are literally only 3 sockets like this on the market. The other makes a high pitched whine when it is off, which I find annoying for use in bedrooms (TP-link one).

I was going to try a power strip (Vivitar Smart Security WiFi 4 Way Powerstrip), but seems it still has to go through the cloud (and its additional money), Vivitar WiFi Powerstrip, so was not ideal.

1 Like

Hey guys, did you ever get that to work? Was considering a 2-pack but would only buy if there is HA integration. No interested in using their silly App…

I don’t recommend any D-Link devices. All mine have just stopped working, even on the device itself. :confused:

Hi, any news about DSP-W118 integration in Home Assistant?

2 Likes

Hi… Did anyone get the D-Link DSP-W118 working with HA?

1 Like

Not yet but I am hoping for some resourceful developer to have a look at the code, probably something simple?

I’ve got the same challenge, after buying such a device. Before i found this thread, i opened a new one here How to bring D-Link DSP-W118 out of cloud into HA?