Dahua VTO to MQTT Broker

First, would love you to share your nodered Flow.

My main question is how you open the gate (not from the dahua app) since you mention a button that open the gate.

Did you connect some other esp board to the intercom?

Calling the API to open gate, will share the flow with open gate API

searching for the api i found this call that made it work:

curl -s --globoff --digest --user admin:PASSWORD "http://192.168.1.XXX/cgi-bin/accessControl.cgi?action=openDoor&channel=1&UserID=101&Type=Remote"

referrence to the place i found it

let me know if you solved it using different API call, any other cool tricks with the API you used maybe?

Thatā€™s exactly the endpoint, cool tricks - face recognition to open the gate, identify RFID from event and announce the name at home

Ok, but you didnā€™t mention anything about future support for Home Assistant, like I said in my original message, running it as a separate Docker container is a major inconvenience and just not possible for most running HA, we donā€™t have access to it.

Any chance you can keep the integration version/repository online and updated so people can run the container that way. No other integration is needed (like adding entities, etc.) that can all be done manually.

If you are using hass.io itā€™s more convenient, just a docker can be used for other platforms as well,
I maintained it in the past, it didnā€™t work well and I canā€™t spending more time on make it work especially when Iā€™m not running hass.io,
If there will be someone who is willing to support the addon, repository is available to fork / do a pull request,
Iā€™m not hiding the code, itā€™s an open source, just canā€™t maintain it,
On top of that docker, I have 3 other integrations to HA (custom component) in addition to the full time job I have

1 Like

Ok, I get that it costs a lot of time and respect that.

About the docker part, yes I run hass.io but I donā€™t know of any way of installing a docker manually without it being an add-on, the OS is completely locked down (which is the official way to run it now). Sure I can install a different VM to run docker in, but thatā€™s too complex for a lot of people and no-go for somebody with just a Raspberry Pi for instance.

Iā€™ll look into if I can do a fork and maintain it. Thank you very much!:slight_smile:

The main issue I had with the addon was that I couldnā€™t build it as image into docker hub,
There are lots of examples, couldnā€™t make it work

Why donā€™t you just put this inside HACS?
It would be easier for many users to use ā€¦

Great suggestion, thanks

currently the code is in php, need to tranform it to python, will get to it one day (hopefully soon)

1 Like

Great information, thanks all :slight_smile:. I have the VTO3211D-P-S1 and have ordered the S4. I have the mqtt integration working well. Notifications to mobile phones etc. I had relays on both gates in home assistant already, so was easy to use those to open the gates. I have started using mifare cards for access. Where Iā€™m struggling is with the automation to notify which user opened the gate based on card number. mqtt knowledge minimal at best. If someone could point me in the right direction extracting the ā€œCardNoā€ to use in automation notifications, I would be most grateful.

Hello
sheppie1968 I have the same VTO. Can you share your code for Home assistant. Because I donā€™t know how to do it

This is an interesting piece of software. Certainly for automations this is going to be useful. I have Dahua Cameras using BlueIris setup and am looking to invest in a VTO2111D-WP Dahua Doorbell.

For starters, Iā€™m trying to see how I might setup a basic video doorbell experience for the family using HA. In that, when someone rings the doorbell - a user gets a notification on their phone that someone is at the door - they can click through to a LoveLace UI section and interact (via audio and video) with the person at the door before taking a follow up action (e.g open the door).

I guess what Iā€™m trying to say - very inarticulately - is can HA be an absolute replacement for the Dauha Mobile App?

please make the HACS version!!!

This is awesome, and just what iā€™ve been looking for! Couple of questions as I scan through the thread:

1. Why are folks picking the VTO211D-WP (1MP) vs the [VTO2211G-WP] (2MP and larger viewing angle) (https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/All-Products/Video-Intercoms/IP-Products/Outdoor-Stations/VTO2211G-WP?us)

2. How are people thinking about sending audio back from HA to the doorbell?
    SIP Client

I have a few amazon tablets (runnning lineageOS) around the house. What iā€™m looking to do is when the doorbell is rung (using MQTT and node-red) all devices get an alert (browser_mod.popup or actionable notifications on mobile).

Iā€™m assuming the process could be:

1. Doorbell is rung
  2. MQTT picks that up via this container
  3. Grab audio & Video feed and send to HA app via actionable notifications (open door, or lovelace card?) - its not quite a call though.
    it may be better to initiate a call through a local PBX instead of use HA here? separate app i know, but more designed for a ā€˜callā€™.

i wonder if there is any desire for the HA devs to explore 2 way calling with a PBX add-on?
this isnt my area of expertise at all so welcome any thoughts

you already raised this above - itā€™s a hassio add-on and a docker container.
Both very easy options to implement.

If you want something else, youā€™ll either need to contribute, or wait until its built - please be respectful of the people who take their time to build these things.
(Also HACS are for custom_components)

Hello
I have Dahua VTO3211D-P4 with 4 bell buttons. Is it possible to get all 4 buttons signal to mqtt. Iā€™m trying but I donā€™t know how to do it. Can you please help me.

Thanks

1 Like

Probably each of the button will trigger the same event but the event data will be different,
What would you like to achieve in your automation as result of identifying the button that was pressed?
Thanks

I want to make external gong for every button. But if I look BackKeyLight there is Data state for all buttons 1 when it starts ringing and 0 when it ends ringing.

1 Like

Is there invite event or just the one youā€™ve mentioned?