Daikin AC Integration BRP069C4x

Same thing with me as well. I cannot even restart the HA because of this. Any workaround?

1 Like

After replacing the files with the new ones from the update posted above, you need to remove your configuration for it (cut them) from your configuration.yaml.

Then you’ll be able to restart with the updated version.

Then paste back your lines into configuration.yaml and reboot again. All will work again and you’ll have lost nothing.

In your first setup you had to reboot as well before adding the lines into configuration.yaml. Remembering that was the clue that led to the solution for me :wink:

1 Like

@rospogrigio Thank you so much for the quick fix!!! I love this community.

1 Like

Hi all,
Any suggestions? From today I have this problem

2022-07-18 23:17:42 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.daikin_residential.config_flow] Failed to retrieve Access Token: (‘Failed to retrieve access token: %s’, IATError(‘Issued in the future’))

Many Tnx

Check that all your devices are synched to the same time source.

@Stooovie, @id001 Did you get Energy Consumption sensors working with BRP069B41? I try 1.2.54 and 1.14.68 firmware’s and Today's Total Energy Consumption and Cool Energy Consumption always show 0.1 kWh or 0 kWh and I test it in few AC’s.

http://ip/aircon/get_day_power_ex shows correct values like in this post and if I calculate it manually I get same result as Daikin Controller or ONECTA App.

No, the power consumption sensors are still not working correctly. There was some debate about it on this forum and GitHub but it never amounted to anything.

"Compressor Frequency" missing.

I have several Daikin AC units with adapter BRP069B* and all is working right with the Daikin Integration using the local API.

But now, I have installed a new Daikin unit with the BRP069C* adapter that only works with the new cloud API. I have installed the Daikin Residential Integration from Rospogrigio and everything is working.

BUT I miss the access to the “Compressor Frequency” that was using in the previous local API integration. I find it very valuable for me when follow the compressor power level and diagnosing some resonance vibrations that sometimes appear in the installation. (Fighting with the installer…)

QUESTION:

Is “Compressor Frequency” available in the new Daikin Cloud API?

Was it there in the @Appolon77 access library, and was bypassed in the @Rospogrigio integration?

Any chance to access “Compressor Frequency” with the new “C” adapter with the Cloud API?

Using cloud here, no compressor frequency available. It’s not in the official app so probably not part of the public api

Responding not because I can testify to how the integration works, but because I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve received a quote for the Perfera line and am trying to decide whether to buy it or turn towards an installer that offers a different brand.

As things stand, the installer has heard my concerns about no local API and says he thinks there is a wired solution that will work locally with HA. More news from him tomorrow on that.

Right now though, I’m leaning towards giving Daikin a miss. The integration sounds like it is a great hack and has been working well for the people I’ve read from in this thread, so kudos to @rospogrigio.
But it is still the cloud, and given that I have not committed to this split system yet, I feel like I’d be a bit of a fool to do so. I think the integration is a great way to make the purchase work for those who bought first, and realised AFTER that the local API no longer worked. But the cloud remains the cloud, and it seems ludicrous that either an outage from Daikin, or my own internet service going down, could result in losing control over the system. Then there’s the possibility Daikin might make changes to their cloud that put the integration offline for an indeterminate period of time.

Call me vindictive, but I also feel funny giving my money to a company that made the decision to go all cloud in the first place. I don’t want to ever become numb to the absurdity that the commands I give to equipment I have purchased and installed in my home, need to go through remote servers for the unit to respond.

It sounds like Daikin have been very dismissive of the concerns from the smart home community during this whole process. I think another company that has not made the same philosophical choices as Daikin, might be a better fit for me.

1 Like

I see your point and understand it. You can still purchase the old adapter separately (I believe it’s something like 50 euros) and install it on the newest devices so you can use the old local APIs, some people did so because they wanted to use the device locally, you can easily find the thread I think
Just to say. Bye!

1 Like

Thanks @rospogrigio - yes, this is an option.
The installer got back to me today and said Daikin has approved for them to swap out the internal wifi module for a wired KNX module. Unfortunately I don’t know enough about the KNX implementation to understand whether this would be a disadvantage over simply getting a Mitsubishi system with wifi that allows local control.

I don’t really care about using an app on my phone and am happy for everything to happen through the remote, and HA… so maybe this is a good solution for me?

I was blissfully unaware of Daikin turning to the dark side with the changes made to the api until my wifi had some issues and connectivity was down for a few hours. After fixing the wifi issues, I noticed that my HA integration with my Daikin AC was no longer working. The Daikin kept showing up as unavailable. (I have no clue why this only happened now)

Tried the following:
Rebooting HA
Removing the Daikin integration and re-adding it by just supplying the ip address which ends up in a “Failed to connect” error.
2022-09-07 16_22_54-Settings – Home Assistant

Googling brought me to this long thread

My setup:
Daikin AC FTX25K2V1B from 2016
BRP069A41 wifi module fw: 3.3.9 (the one that according to link should be working?)

Home Assistant 2022.8.7
Supervisor 2022.08.5
Operating System 8.5
The OVA running as a VM in VMWare ESXi

Observations:
The Daikin Controller iPhone app cannot find the Daikin AC on my local network even though my AC, iPhone and HAOS are all on the same subnet. (so the mentioned UDP port, UDP:30000=>30050 also seems to be a thing of the past because local discovery was broken?)
Only way that does work is using the Daikin Controller App to login using “out of home” in which case the AC shows up immediately and can be managed through slow hit & miss clicks in the App.(more often than not I have to switch to my 4g for the App to respond to the commands of turning the AC on/off).
I can’t believe Daikin crippled the functionality, certainly can understand if they want the user data but for Pete’s sake at least take care of your customers by not crippling the way the app and HA integration works. One would think that providing functionality like this, would help sell more Daikin equipment. (I certainly will not be buying any more if they don’t change their stance)

Questions:

1. Am I correct in assuming that the current Daikin integration is no longer working for the BRP069A41 and perhaps other older wifi modules?
  2. I read about this wonderful project GitHub - rospogrigio/daikin_residential: Cloud control of Daikin devices that are supported by Daikin Residential Controller app.
    by @rospogrigio, does this also support older wifi modules?
  3. Can this addon be directly installed in the Home Assistant Operating System or do I need to wait for it to be added to the “official” integrations @fredrike @rospogrigio ?

Any help or suggestions please share.

That should actually all still work. I even upgraded my BRP069A41 to firmware 4.0.3 using the new ONECTA app and controlling my airco locally at this moment.

Seems like your issue is just on your local network. Try rebooting your router, power cycle your Daikin (circuit breaker) and give your units a fixed IP (fixed DHCP assignment via your router) for simplicity.

@whitedogbe Thanks for the quick reply!

I’m using pfsense to give out fixed dhcp addresses in my network including the wifi adapter of the Daikin so that should not be an issue.
Even tried resetting the daikin wifi module and re-ran the wifi setup where you first connect to the AP of the wifi module and then connect it to the target wifi network. the wifi module connects to my wifi without an issue ( because I can see it has connected to my wifi and it’s pingable) but I can’t seem to connect to it using the Daikin Control App or HA. (port 80 shows: ret=PARAM NG,msg=404 Not Found )

I could try using the circuit breaker to power off/on my AC, I will do this with proper daylight :slight_smile: (although holding the mode button also resets the wifi module which should be enough?).
If that doesn’t work, do you suggest using the ONECTA app and upgrading the firmware to 4.0.3 to see if that resolves anything?
Any other way I can check if local connectivity is still active?

1 Like

So I turned off the circuit breaker to turn the power off to the wifi module:

HA integration still gives the same error as described above after inputting the IP.
After it came back up, rebooted my iPhone just to be sure and then I opened the Daikin App but still no local AC visible (AC pops up after logging into “Out-of-Home” this is driving me nuts :frowning:

Anything else besides the the App I can check to see if local connectivity is still working? (sniffing traffic?)

I had a Daikin Caldo 40 installed yesterday, it came with the BRP069C4X controller and I got this up and running almost without any issues :slight_smile:

Hello PaulSinnema,
just curious if you managed to get your Daikin Airco’s working with Loxone.

I am looking for some integration in Loxone app as well for my Daikin equipment without the need to open other apps. ( 4MXM80N9

FDXM25F9, FTXP20M9, FTXP50M, BRC1H52W )

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it took some design en programming skills to get it working, but it’s working as expected right now. I was a bit worried about the change from the hot to the cold period but I thought it out just correct. Now the Daikins are heating the home instead of cooling. Very nice. If you want I can send you my configuration to implement yours.

Ah, you have the newer versions of the indoor units. This will still work if you replace the Wifi modules with older ones. The installer did that for me here. The new Wifi modules only work with cloud. The older ones work on your local network.