I ask for help
I don’t know if it’s my problem but I can’t set the preset modes,
as soon as I select one, after a few seconds it disappears and returns to none

preset_modes:
  - none
  - away
  - eco
  - boost

Can the cause in my DAIKIN BRP069A42 B42 adapter not allow it?

thanks

Can you set any of these modes through Onecta app when you use BRP069B* adapter?

I would not know.

I haven’t entered the app for some time, I only used it to update the adapters, however it seemed to me that it could be done, but I don’t know if the function disappeared after an adapter firmware update.
In the last 2 years I have been using it automatically based on photovoltaic consumption and I haven’t put my hand to it anymore.
The problem is that these days it’s very hot and I wanted to start in boost mode, so I asked this question

could also be your unit (and not the adapter)
not all the units support the S21 control of eco and boost mode, please check with the official Daikin app if you can set them (i can from the remote controller, but not through the S21 interface, at least with expected F6 and F7 commands)

I looked, in fact from the app I can only set:

• hvac_modes
  • fan_modes
  • swing_modes
    so you can only set it from the remote control.
1 Like

thanks for confirming (sadly…)

It seems that the serial interface also provides the speed of the fan in rpm. Does anybody know if this data is also available over the local API or Onecta?

My installer informed me that Daikin is planning to make the cloud API opensource for DIY at the end of this year.

:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve heard as well from sources within the Daikin Europe head office :wink:

3 Likes

There is an firmware update (1_28_0) for my unit fitted with the BRP069C4x.

Anyone checked if this is the promised update for local API?

Nope, hitting port 80 on the IP address still just gives the licences back

Good start. Now they just need to add local mode back… if they want data they can still track the usage via the cloud connection anyway (unless you block internet access for the controller), so there’s really no good reason to not have a fully local mode…

Its a JST EH 2.5mm Pitch 5-Pin Female Connector on both ends.

Note, the Daikin has five connector pins, but it only actually uses 4 of them on the official cables.

Making the Cloud API open != local API
See 🚀 Exciting News: Announcing Daikin Europe Developer Portal! 🚀 · Issue #182 · rospogrigio/daikin_residential · GitHub

So it seems the cloud API will be documented, which is nice. But a rate limit to get the device info every 15 minutes could be a bit troublesome…

3 Likes

@MassiPi
Have you documented your findings somewhere?
How did you connect the ESP to the S21 port? Do you have a schematic? :slight_smile:

I have been putting together a guide on the ESP32 here:

i didn’t even use custom cables, just 4 dupont female-female

no schematics, but honestly it’s as easy as hell :slight_smile:

This helped me, thanks!

1 Like

So I’m back with an update and the solution that fixed my daikin connection problem…!!!

I left the issue unattended until I ran into another problem with my HA refusing to connect my first ESPHome device. It was showing up in discovered devices but I was unable to add it to HA.
So thinking back about the daikin issue that had been plaguing me I found that what the two problems shared was the wifi AP they were connected to. (Aruba)
So after digging into the logs I noticed that the Aruba APs also had a firewall active that was blocking traffic from my HA VM (in vlan 30) from sending certain traffic to the daikin (and esphome device) also on vlan 30 connected through wifi.
Since I didn’t need my Wifi AP to act as a firewall, the solution was to add this rule:
2024-02-03 11_40_36-Instant-AP-Firewall-setting

After waiting 5-10 minutes I was able to add the ESPHome device AND my long lost Daikin Airco unit!
No idea why I was unable to figure this out sooner maybe because I missed the fact that an Aruba AP somewhere in the process activated a firewall was left out of the realm of possibilities.

Hallo, ich versuche meine Daikin Klimaanlagen in Homeassistant zu Integrieren. Habe Daikin Residential Controller (ONECTA) homeassistant Installiert aber es funktioniert nicht.Kann jemand ein Rat für mich.