Daikin AC Integration BRP069C4x

Making the Cloud API open != local API
See šŸš€ Exciting News: Announcing Daikin Europe Developer Portal! šŸš€ Ā· Issue #182 Ā· rospogrigio/daikin_residential Ā· GitHub

So it seems the cloud API will be documented, which is nice. But a rate limit to get the device info every 15 minutes could be a bit troublesomeā€¦

3 Likes

@MassiPi
Have you documented your findings somewhere?
How did you connect the ESP to the S21 port? Do you have a schematic? :slight_smile:

I have been putting together a guide on the ESP32 here:

i didnā€™t even use custom cables, just 4 dupont female-female

no schematics, but honestly itā€™s as easy as hell :slight_smile:

This helped me, thanks!

1 Like

So Iā€™m back with an update and the solution that fixed my daikin connection problemā€¦!!!

I left the issue unattended until I ran into another problem with my HA refusing to connect my first ESPHome device. It was showing up in discovered devices but I was unable to add it to HA.
So thinking back about the daikin issue that had been plaguing me I found that what the two problems shared was the wifi AP they were connected to. (Aruba)
So after digging into the logs I noticed that the Aruba APs also had a firewall active that was blocking traffic from my HA VM (in vlan 30) from sending certain traffic to the daikin (and esphome device) also on vlan 30 connected through wifi.
Since I didnā€™t need my Wifi AP to act as a firewall, the solution was to add this rule:
2024-02-03 11_40_36-Instant-AP-Firewall-setting

After waiting 5-10 minutes I was able to add the ESPHome device AND my long lost Daikin Airco unit!
No idea why I was unable to figure this out sooner maybe because I missed the fact that an Aruba AP somewhere in the process activated a firewall was left out of the realm of possibilities.

Hallo, ich versuche meine Daikin Klimaanlagen in Homeassistant zu Integrieren. Habe Daikin Residential Controller (ONECTA) homeassistant Installiert aber es funktioniert nicht.Kann jemand ein Rat fĆ¼r mich.

I receive an unexpected error when trying to add the IP address in the host field to add my BRP069C4x (Daikin AC Unit). Canā€™t quite work out what Iā€™m doing wrong. Any tips or tricks anyone?

I have the exactly same issue. Got four BRP069C4x units in EU, but for every IP unit Iā€™ve tried to connect, I receive error message ā€œUnexpected errorā€ :cry:

Hello, i have daikin stylish code module wifi BRP069C4x
I try integrated in Homeassistant , but non find no work.
You have solve this problem?
Can help my solved?
Thx you

I figured it out! Official Daikin HA integration right now doesnā€™t support BRP069C4x module (read carefully the official page, it is mentioned there). So I downloaded Daikin Onecta via HACS, which works with this unit absolutely perfect!

1 Like

@AYanguas did you or anybody else find a solution for the missing ā€œCompressor Frequencyā€ so far? I have just bought a new prefera (FTXA with BRP069C4x) unit, and I have the same problem, not getting the ā€œCompressor Frequencyā€ reading as sensor in HA through the Daikin Onecta integration. This is crucial to me, as so far the other units (FTXMs with BRP069A4x) were giving this information via the standard Daikin integration and some automations are based on the compressor frequency reading.
As I am able to see the older FTXMs from both integrations, I have noticed that the compressor frequency is delivered as sensor via the old integration but it is not delivered via the new Daikin Onecta integration, which means, the new units may be able to give this information also, but the integration is not picking it up (yet I hope). The new Onecta (or the old depreciated Daikin controller) mobile app never gave this info either for the old units, so none can be sure if the new units are actually capable to provide the compressor frequency info or notā€¦
Any news or help will be highly appreciated.