Daikin Airconditioning & WiFi module

Further update: the only open port on the device is the http one (80).
I installed an HTTP sniffer (HttpCanary) on my phone and analyzed the HTTP traffic of the app, and it just calls the Daikin Cloud APIs, which then will probably forward them to the unit. Calling similar URLs directly (I saw a /v1/info call) always ends in a “page not found” error (I also tried /info or /v1 …).
Probably, even if we could get the right URLs, we would need some kind of authentication.
Anything else I could try? Is it possible to sniff the traffic from the router to the device??
Bye

Could you test to extract the strings from the apk, I found the entrypoints from one of those.

@fredrike I have already tried (see post #42), but had no luck…is there some specific place you suggest I should search?

Some more info: today I tried to disconnect the WAN cable from my router, and to operate the Daikin device… well, the app showed an error “looks like your mobile is disconnected”, so maybe the new devices can only be operated via cloud connection…

Ok, so perhaps we need to use the cloud for this. What entrypoints on the cloud do you see?

What I did to reverse my Daikin was to look at the strings in the firmware (I think the firmware was included in the android apk).

Mmm not sure what you mean… how am I supposed to look for the cloud entrypoints?
Also, I searched the .vdex files and found nothing interesting, do you remember the name of the firmware files, by any chance?
Thank you

I used the Unix command strings directly on the binary.

I have been trying to dismantle all the apks and running strings and searching in all binary files but I can’t seem to find any entrypoint, maybe you can try as well when you have some time? Maybe I’m missing something…
Thank you again!

I have one A/C of this.
Tomorrow I will try to do a mitm in order to get the protocol

Would like to find out more info on how to integrate AWM61A01 into HA too.

Hello, I downloaded Daikin Residential Controller app and after unzipping I found a few files that refer to my unit, as the app wants to upgrade from firmware 3.3.6 to 3.6.0, this is the list of files named with this firmware version

dkacstm-wlan-F-cs-3_6_0.bin
dkacstm-wlan-F-ds-3_6_0.bin
dkacstm-wlan-F-ps-3_6_0.bin
dkacstm-wlan-F-ts-3_6_0.bin

I executed the strings command on the first firmware and saved into a text file, I would like to upload the result in the forum but it seems to not be possible, so I uploaded to my onedrive, this is the link
https://1drv.ms/t/s!AipiDhj0_GG1hpV6CfWwPdE9UF_Dng?e=3VtPdf

1 Like

@yelo3 But your device is one of the supported right?

If you look at the end of your file you’ll see paths like aircon/get_model_info which is part of the supported protocol.

hi, i buy a daikin with built-in wifi module. the model is BRC944B2, BRC073A1 but from what I see and feel it is not possible to integrate it. What can I do?

Hey Marco!

These both seems to be model numbers for two different wired remotes. They don’t appear to be wifi. What’s the model of the air conditioner, or air conditioners?

From a quick look at the installation PDFs for these two, they look like the adapter box plugs into the same socket (S21 in the diagrams) as where the wifi modules on my ACs plug in. Well it looks roughly the same, I’m not AC installer!) So I don’t know how that works - whether you can have both wired and wifi controllers attached to the same unit.

my model is the daikin perfera with integrated wifi, but from technical specifications they are the only abbreviations relating to wifi. And if I try to integrate with only ip the identity is not available.

From what I have I managed to understand by also contacting the installer, the daikin perfera from 2020 have an integrated module on the motherboard

Same problem the model is daikin perfera FTXM25R2V1B with wifi integrated.
Wifi is BRP069C4x

2 Likes

Yes, my device is one of the old ones, that are supported by the current implementation in home assistant as of firmware 3.3.6
But who knows what will happen after upgrading to 3.6.0?

No one remembers a coward :see_no_evil:

Edit: 3.3.9 (the latest firmware for my unit) works fine.

Yes, but… I won’t try a firmware that come from a beta app, and moreover it’s the Daikin residential app