[Daikin] BRP069B41 module New firmware 1_14_78 safe?

Has anyone succeeded in using Demand Control with HA?
Onecta offers this feature, allowing you to limit energy consumption (slider from 40 to 100 percent, working more or less well).

Now in theory this could be used to have the Daikin unit(s) run according to how much power your own solar panels produce. But I haven’t seen where to configure this in HA or if it’s supported at all.

Did the WIFI module got bricked again by the new software??

I am running the Beta and my system has the 3_1_123 software. (BRP069B4X)

Running the app version 3.25.1 (iOS 17)

My Stylish 2 is offline and has been offline almost for 12h now.

Any ideas?

I see there’s a new update for Daikin Aircon Wifi Units BRP069B4x updating them to 1_14_88. Is this update safe? Will this remove local support for HA?

I also have the BRP069C4x which does NOT allow local control and Cloud-only control, and therefore cannot connect to Home Assistant. I’m hoping that the upgrade for BRP069B4x doesn’t remove this local option - so would appreciate any insights here :pray:

The ONECTA app alerts for a new update that’s available 3_1_123.
With all the hassle the 3_1_33 gave us I’m checking here first if people already did the upgrade and it didn’t brick the whole unit, again.

This one worked flawless for me. Updated three units from 3.1.33 to 3.1.123 in minutes. But i still have two units running 1.14.88. Looks like they forgot about people who did not brick all their units and then fixed their issue. Amateurs.

Btw i had the same issue. In my case the ipaddress had magically changed. I fixed this by removing the unit from onecta manually (some obscure menu had this option) and then adding it again from the main page. Any of their proposed fixes will not work as it will try to always use the old IP address for some odd reason. There stupidity never fails to amaze me.

Hi, I finally found a solution to the problem of the wifi no longer working.
I purchased the “SwitchBot Hub Mini Smart Remote” for just over 20 euros.
once the remote control has been configured with the device, simply position it in the direction of the split to be able to control it from the app.

just FYI, I have BRP069B41 version and I successfully upgraded from 1_14_84 to 1_14_88 using Onecta app for iOS, everything still works fine locally in home assistant (I am using official integration: Daikin AC - Home Assistant )

I just completed installing 7 Faikin adapters. I bit off a bit more than I could chew by making the wiring myself. I’d never used a crimper before, but got the hand of it by the end.

All flawlessly integrated with HA and no drop outs. They just work. A bit of latency but that may be due to my network setup or HA, it seems like latency grew as more units added.

Regarding power demand, I don’t see that feature but a screenshot in this thread does show demand settings, so maybe it is device specific and indeed supported. The dev is very reachable and I am sure he can answer any questions promptly over on GitHub.