[Daikin] BRP069B41 module New firmware 1_14_78 safe?

Same problem, stuck on firmware update for a couple hours now.

Same problem 3.1.33

Same problem with 3_1_33. I came from 1_14_84. Stupid i just blindly updated all of them, didnā€™t saw it was a big updateā€¦ Following.

I would not do that. If you do that with a computer thatā€™s getting a firmware/bios update, it will be bricked. This sucksā€¦

Same here. I also made the very stupid mistake of blindly updating my units to 3_1_33.

Currently frozen on ā€œFirmware update in progressā€.

Is there anyway to safely stop the update?

1 Like

Will avoid, following this thread.
Need to retain my API access for all my dashboard controls!

Stuck on firmware update 3.1.33 need help please

1 Like

same issue hereā€¦ wondering if anyone tried the hard reset and get some luck there

Same issue here, bricked all 4 AC units. Help appreciated

Same issue here. I tried hard reset, removing the wifi unit than put it in back, tried to register with my wife Onecta account but nothing helped. Seems the unit is bricked somehow. :roll_eyes:

Same here but i found solutionā€¦
I have crate account to help you all.
So, i just run diagnostic from Onecta and select clear error. After 60 seconds of testing i cancel and click to reboot devices. 1 deviced get updated. I repeted several times and all devices get updated.
Before that 4 devices getting stucked in update loop.
I hope i helped everyone.
Greetengs from Croatia.

19 Likes

Thanks @GoranKis Is all the local API access stuff working on the new version?

Dashboard, HA commands & control etc?

Thanks. This solution works in my unit as well.

After selecting ā€œstop diagnostics and restartā€ does the tool actually restart? Because I donā€™t have it, and the error remains.

My ACā€™s are offline now :frowning: I did connect the wireless module again but the app still says it is offline and firmware updating.

@Tdevalk Mine are offline and it didnā€™t seem to work, but i managed to get 1 working again after about almost 10 painfully long triesā€¦ I canā€™t make any new comments cause i used my 3 free comments as a new user today lol

I have onecta for Android and ac stylish, dont find the option, on app, Run Diagnostic tool. Where is this option?

Thanks @GoranKis! Worked on my Perferas as well.
@Rotiv85 in iOS itā€™s under More ā†’ Settings ā†’ Diagnostics

Ok, so I tried the method that our Croatian friend shared with us and it seems to have worked perfectly.

I ran the diagnostics, and ticked ā€œClear error counter after diagnosticsā€ under Advanced Settings.

After about a minute, only 1 of my 2 AC units were found, but I stopped and rebooted regardless. The result was that the update stopped in my first unit, and it returned to its normal state. It works perfectly and there isnā€™t even a prompt to update it.

After a couple of attempts at replicating this with the second unit, I finally got it. Works perfectly as well. However, for some reason, the second unit presents the option to update the unit, while the first one no longer does. Weird, but whatever, both are working!

Thanks to our friend from Croatia - you are a hero!

Were your aircons still online? Or were they offline? Mine are offline and this doesnā€™t seem to workā€¦

Weirdly after trying the step over and over again some 3 units updated to 3_1_33
One is online but doesnā€™t react, one is fully offline

I enjoy most that the ā€œhaving issues?ā€ Link leads to a defunct FAQ. Daikin is a freaking bunch of amateur developers :man_facepalming:t2:

Update: the last two units updated an rebooted ~35 minutes after starting the update and around ~15 minutes later than the first did.
It doesnā€™t make any sense. Maybe Daikin has no CDN and the servers collapsed. The network DPI shows me some 200+ MB Download was attempted a few times

3 Likes