Daikin Component - no climate entities created - task exception

I’m also having this errors:

Logger: homeassistant
Source: components/daikin/sensor.py:144
First occurred: 5 settembre 2020, 12:44:04 (70 occurrences)
Last logged: 5 settembre 2020, 13:18:35

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 583, in _update_entity_states
    await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 268, in async_update_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 305, in _async_write_ha_state
    sstate = self.state
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/daikin/sensor.py", line 144, in state
    return round(self._api.device.last_hour_cool_energy_consumption, 3)
TypeError: type NoneType doesn't define __round__ method

Hi!,

I have the BRP069B41 model also but my power consumptions aren’t ok. The values present on the app aren’t the same as the ones on HA. Sometimes they go to zero and most of the times are plain wrong with all the ACs having the same (wrong) power consumption. Any tips?

Hi @jonaspaulo,

The way pydaikin currently monitors the energy consumption can lead to local differences. Can you please tell me which data are you comparing exactly? (which entity, and which graph in the daikin app)

The total energy consumption - the area under the curves - should be exactly the same though, despite some lags or local differences between HA and the daikin app

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. For example right now:

sensor.daikinlivingroom_total_power_consumption

daikinha

On the app:

I have exactly the same behavior if I use the energy sensor to store the daily consumption… It seems that it sum the values when there are changes on the consumption, example, when it’s making cold for 1 min consumption goes to 400w then it stops for some time and then It starts again and so on… This 400w are being sum all the time… Instead of 400w per hour it sums 400w when values changes … I think…

Anyone has tried the BRP072A43 wifi module on an Emura or LV high wall unit with Home Assistant? Can you control fan speed and louver directions with this setup?

Thanks!

It should work. You can’t specify exact direction of louver but if it should run or not.

hi Fredrik, sorry for reviving old post.

could you please explain how to exactly read these values? as in - which one is accurate to do the measuring for power usage?

thank you!

download|366x107

Check with @mlemainque.

Hi @bednim,

The Daikin API provides two information:

• the heater/cooler energy consumption per AC on a hourly basis (100Wh accuracy)
  • the total energy consumption (all AC are summed) on live (100Wh accuracy as well)

The “current total power” HA sensor is measuring the energy consumption reported in the last 30 minutes so it will report the consumption smoothed on a 30min window (with an accuracy of 200W) which is a bit faster than the “heat / cool energy consumption” HA sensors which are smoothed on a 1hr window (with an accuracy of 100W)… On my personal HA setup I display the current total power sensor only and use the other sensors for historic data analyses

Note that I am currently working on a different way of measuring the power based on the frequency of the energy consumption updates, and also on the compressor frequency which should be somehow proportional to the power usage (it will just require some simple machine learning here). The total power sensor should then be much more responsive and accurate. @fredrike I will probably do a PR to pydaikin in the coming weeks on that matter

2 Likes

Great thank you for the reply! At least I know which values are real and how to use them.

@fredrike - sorry - got one more question. Is it possible that ‘comfort air’ option that’s available to enable via remote, could be enabled via api? I noticed that streamer has been added recently, maybe comfort air could be added too?

Thank you

My unit does not support that so I’m not sure how it should be implemented but I’m happy to adopt any suggestions.

Ok, if this function could be added - where do I start? Do you want me to provide some logs or other outputs?

This function is not visible in the app at all.

It is comfort air/inteligent eye function on the remote.

I highly doubt that the wifi controller expose that function if you don’t have it in the official Daikin app (I have a similar model with a lot of fancy stuff not exposed to the controller).

Oh, dear :disappointed: I thought this might be the case.

Thank you for your time and work!

1 Like

Hi there,
I have 2x Daikin ACs with BRP072C42 wifi units attached to them.
The ACs and the Wifi units are identical, and both are connected to my Hassio 2021.06.6 installation.
One of them works perfectly and identifies 7 entities.
The other one, however, only identifies 4 entities and throws the following error in the Home Assistant Log file.

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: components/daikin/sensor.py:140
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:14:43 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:14:43 PM

• Error adding entities for domain sensor with platform daikin
  • Error while setting up daikin platform for sensor

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 383, in async_add_entities await asyncio.gather(*tasks) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 588, in _async_add_entity await entity.add_to_platform_finish() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 615, in add_to_platform_finish self.async_write_ha_state() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 368, in async_write_ha_state self._async_write_ha_state() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 402, in _async_write_ha_state state = self._stringify_state() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 374, in _stringify_state state = self.state File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/daikin/sensor.py”, line 140, in state return round(self._api.device.last_hour_cool_energy_consumption, 3) AttributeError: ‘DaikinBRP072C’ object has no attribute ‘last_hour_cool_energy_consumption’

Any ideas on what is wrong here?
Both units are the same model and run the same firmware… this is very strange.

There is a patch out for this (will hopefully reach next HA version): Fix Daikin integration power sensors by mlemainque · Pull Request #51905 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Great, thanks!
I rolled back to 2021.6.4 and both units work just fine.
I’ll skip 2021.6.6 and wait for the next one.

I have the same issue, but I’m having also this problem:

As you can see, the internal temperatures doesn’t match (climate temperature is updated, internal and external temperature are not updated)

Hello,

Hope someone can help me with this. I live in the US and I bought the BRP069B42. I thought that if I was able to get the IP address and change the region code (using this http://ipaddress/common/set_regioncode?reg=us), the comfort control app would be able to see this unit and I could then integrate it with HA. Am I wrong or am I missing something? My cell phone is on the same network as the BRP069B42.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!