Daikin Component - no climate entities created - task exception

My units are CORA ones, they are separate wall units coming off a single outside one. Each unit has to have its own wifi module and work as separate devices on the network so offer different temperatures and settings in each room - the only catch is you cannot heat one room and cool another at the same time.

As a note the UUID can be anything, its just an identifier for that client and each unit stores which UUID’s can access it. Using the generic HA one could work but if it changes all the units would need to be registered again. Hence why my code was hard coded, I wanted to generate one and store it somewhere, even if it was unique per instance.

1 Like

Hi guys I will buy a daikin controller BRP069A81 for conducts AC the question is ? Its compatible with this integration, the official link dont show up

Supported hardware

• The European versions of the Wifi Controller Unit (BRP069A41, 42, 43, 45), which is powered by the Daikin Online Controllerapplication. The new versions of WiFi Controller Unit (BRP069Bxx) also should work but it have to be confirmed by users. Tested and working devices are the BRP069B41 and BRP069B45.

Thanks !!!

Which app is it using? Which unit would it be used in?

I don’t think we have seen that model before but if it doesn’t work I would be happy to help you debug and add it to the supported hardware, it might take some effort though.

that model is for ducted air conditioners, not for splitter, but I think the API is the same.

Well I don’t read spanish but it looks exactly like the B69 I have. As I said, if it doesn’t work directly we will sort it out.

Hello everyone,

The pydaikin 2.0 release now includes the power consumption feature. The new sensors are about to be integrated in Home Assistant, see https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/34391

This feature has only been tested on a BRP069B41 so does anyone with a different AC model could test it too? Running bin/pydaikin $IP -s will tail the measured power consumption if supported by your AC

Have a good day!

1 Like

Hi,

I just got my Wifi modul to my AC unit. It’s BRP069B42, and it’s working well.
What I’m missing is the Powerful and Econo special modes. Well mostly the Powerful. Is there any chance that this will be implemented in the future?

Another thing that I’m missing is the Comfort mode that is on the IR remote, but it looks this feature is missing from the Wifi control. In this mode, the unit controls the horizontal swing automatically. In cooling mode, it directs the air up, and is heating mode it directs it down.

There is also an error I found, when I wanted to make a Scene which switches the unit into Dry mode:
“Failed to call service scene/turn_on. expected float for dictionary value @ data[‘temperature’]”
This is probalby because there is no such thing as target temperature in Dry mode.

There is one more thing I would like to know, but I’m not sure if it’s possible or not.
I want to display the fan and swing paramters directly on the Lovelace UI.

I’m happy to review pull-requests.

I would guess that you need to supply a float for temperature .

You could probably create an attribute sensor for this.

This is the problem, because I can’t do that. In dry mode there is no such thing as target temperature, because in this mode the AC changes the humidity of the room, without modifying the temperature.
It’s not settable nor in HA nor in the Daikin app:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7kbj4skztjn2lb/daikin1.jpg?dl=0

Never done this, but I’ll try to look into it.

Create a new topic with the yaml from your scene and I’ll investigate what’s going on.

Hi @Smanny,
Did you manage to make it work? I’m also going to install a multi duct model and I’m really willing to know how is the experience with HA for multi duct models.
Thanks for your help,

If it is a unit mentioned in the docs it will work. Otherwise we have to do some debugging to make it work :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

Thanks for your fest reply @fredrike!
Sorry to ask that before doing a deep research on each and every unit, but by any chance, do you know which unit/s work with duct models?
If an already supported unit works with these kind of models, it may be easier to stick to that working unit :slight_smile:
If not, count with me to provide all help needed to increase the units that the integration can work with.
You are doing an awesome job!
Best,

What app are you supposed to use?

The AirBase and SKYFi wifi models both have zone support so I would guess that qualifies as duct models. The SKYFi is however really crippled so I would advise to stay away from it.

1 Like

I don’t have the confirmation yet from the installer, but from what I’ve been reading so far the options for the ADEQ-C model would be the BRP069A81 unit which uses the Daikin Online Controller or the ES.DKNWSERVER which uses DKN Cloud.
This last one is from Airzone, but Daikin ES is suggesting to use this last unit in their webpage

I will keep investigating, but do you have more knowledge about the duct models from previous users and which units where they using?

Thanks!!

It will most likely work as the integration mimics the remoteapp.

I’ve not seen any reports from users using the A81 module though (which mostly means it works OK).

1 Like

unfortunately after upgrade to 114.4, I’m not able to see the climate component from my daikin ac. Any suggestion?
I don’t have any log related to the daikin component :frowning:

Just wanted to chime in for troubleshooting purposes. I just checked mine, as I updated to 114.4 yesterday, and all my Daikin controllers are showing up. I am running on HASS OS and the BRP072A43 WiFi controllers.

Try setting up the entries trough the integration flow.

can you please explain me how to do this? I’ve deleted all the devices and re inserted manually but HA see only 5 sensors (internal and external temperatures and 3 power sensors).