Daikin Component - no climate entities created - task exception

I’m running 2.9.0 as well - I don’t think it’s the adapter that determines what’s available, it just acts as more of a serial to wireless bridge as the same adapter works on a range of models, so firmware updates probably just affect wireless performance more than anything.

1 Like

I have 3.1.1 on both of my (european) daikins which are also different models (one FTK and one FTX smth) but as I’ve already stated before: even with older firmwares I had fan dir & speed from day one since 2 years ago.

@rofrantz

This morning have updated to v .62

using the new pushed daikin.py i can now see the component, it allows me to change the values, but nothing happens.

I can confirm however with your changes to climate.daikin.py when placed in my Custom_Components as per PR [SMALL-PR] Set default values for Daikin devices that don't support certain features by rofrantz · Pull Request #12000 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

that i can now switch on / off device. I can also change Target temperature.

One thing i did notice however when using the 12000 daikin.py in my custome compenents, Whenever i change operation between off and cool or others, the target temperature always resets itself to 22 deg regardless of what value is in there

1 Like

Thats great news @peterho I’m glad that everything will be fine after the next release and sorry for the delays.
About the 2nd part where temperature resets I can confirm u that it happends to all of us and I never considered it a top priority compare to the current issue.
I guess I could handle this as well in a future PR.
Our daikins also have support for holiday/away mode, humidity, power usage reporting (on supported models). Do u think that those features any other should be implemented sooner ?
Voting would be nice to see what the majority wants.

i’d go for the power consumption reporting. where should we vote?

I would be interested in monitoring humidity. I have one of these in my office where humidity can become an issue. Thanks!

@ekt we’re not many people here…so counting posts here should be easy enought
@dancwilliams before we do smth for that humidity, since I dont have that feature and I will not be able to test it, can u make sure u have support for it ? I’m asking because a lot of people reported that their device can control humidity from the infrared remote control but not from the ios/android app. Can u check the output of http://[YOUR_DAIKIN_IP]/aircon/get_control_info and let me know ?

humidity would be nice, but for me too does not work. get_sensor_info returns:
ret=OK,htemp=21.0,hhum=-,otemp=5.0,err=0,cmpfreq=14

another great thing would be being able to read the embedded pir. there must be one, since daikin has a functionality of changing air direction based on presence. I don’t think I have seen returned anything resembling this info though, so it’s probably impossible.

that said, to me the state of the plugin is fine. I mean, if you can add other things that’s great, but current functionality are what I really need. and again, thanks for you work

Unfortunately with the pir info u r right @ekt or at least I couldn’t find any docs on it :frowning:

Any other features/modes would have my vote. There’s a few things that can be done via the remote but not the app/HA (which might just be an API limitation).

I’d also like to see power consumption - although not a high priority for me and it’s not going to change how I use it.

I thought I was going crazy with the unit resetting to 22 degrees half the time (I usually have it set to 22 or 23) :joy:

Not having the temperature reset to 22 and keep last set temp would be my first vote.

I doubt my.unit would have power consumption so that wouldnt be a need from me (I have separate power consumption devices anyway)

I guess that’s a wrap and the majority voted to fix that temperature reset. I’ll try to make some time for it this weekend. Thanks for all ur feedback guys

1 Like

Fix has been released by the way. Please let me know if anyone’s experiencing any issues or its ok.

In regards to:

I want to clarify some details:
The last 2 digits is a “set” number i.e. BRP069A41 - BRP069A45 has same wireless unit, but additional cards and/or cords. As i know there is 3 models of wireless controllers - BRP072Axx, BRP069Axx and BRP069Bxx.

BRP069Axx and BRP069Bxx are almost the same and fuly interchangeable at this time.

I have BRP069B41 on my units (FTXM-M), if you need any info i try to help.

Hi @WildRat u have told us a lot info but not any issue that u might experience. Do u have problems with fan direction and fan mode ? If yes, can u tell me the output of http://[YOUR_DAIKIN_IP]/aircon/get_control_info ?

I use my own webservice. I just want to share info and contribute to project. I will try to look through code and see if I can add anything.

1 Like

Just wanted to let you know that the 0.62.1 update for hassio works great. Thanks!

0.62.1 update functioning for me as well

Thanks for the feedback guys, thats great news :love_you_gesture:
I’ll keep u updated about the temperature reset fix when changing operation mode.

Hi all,

Is this component currently (.62.1) working with no custom component entries?

I am just getting errors in HA while the component is loading. It is working fine with Daikin Europe’s Android app. The wifi adapter is a European BRP069A43 connected to a FTKV25NVM4 (Thailand) unit.

Here is the output for http://[Daikin.IP]/aircon/get_model_info:

ret=OK,model=0CE7,type=C,pv=2,cpv=2,cpv_minor=00,mid=NA,humd=0,s_humd=0,acled=0,land=0,elec=0,temp=1,temp_rng=0,m_dtct=1,ac_dst=--,disp_dry=0,dmnd=0,en_scdltmr=1,en_frate=0,en_fdir=0,s_fdir=0,en_rtemp_a=0,en_spmode=0,en_ipw_sep=0,en_mompow=0

Here is the output for http://[Daikin.IP]/aircon/get_control_info:

ret=OK,pow=1,mode=3,adv=,stemp=25.0,shum=0,dt1=25.0,dt2=M,dt3=25.0,dt4=25.0,dt5=25.0,dt7=25.0,dh1=AUTO,dh2=50,dh3=0,dh4=0,dh5=0,dh7=AUTO,dhh=50,b_mode=3,b_stemp=25.0,b_shum=0,alert=255

The code I’m currently using in HA’s main configuration file is just:

daikin:

I also tried in the climate component:

- platform: daikin
  host: [Daikin.IP]

And the sensor component:

- platform: daikin
    host: [Daikin.IP]
    monitored_conditions:
      - inside_temperature
      - outside_temperature

In none of the above configurations do I get an entity created. Please let me know if you want to see the HA error log…

Any help is much appreciated as I’m about to give up on this!