Daikin Heat pump Altherma Integration

Still no solution to change the cost of gas/electricity? I would like to make it work only with gas if I don’t have any solar production of energy but I can’t really figured out on how I can do that!
Thanks

There is a old app, that does not use the cloud, With a proxy app on a windows/linux/mac you can use it as a man in the middle. It spits out everything :slight_smile:

That is how I made this MQTT aproach: GitHub - william-sy/Daikin-BRP069A62: Creating a daikin interface other than the apps

Here are I believe all the endpoints: Daikin-BRP069A62/docs/files/notes/notes6.txt at c65577626039547e85a00b70a2b551a1dbded2b2 · william-sy/Daikin-BRP069A62 · GitHub

@Lontra i’ve setup a brand new EKHWET90 with controller BRP069A78, works perfectly. Fast and easy.

You are a daikin ninja!

So now coexist with the rospogrigio integration for the two AC fan on the same system.

Only i dont see the sensor Leaving Water Temperature (not available) and the external temperature (not present). Its normal?

I cheered too soon, apparently the integration doesn’t stay connected. Takes a single reading and then stops, not updating temperatures constantly. I also don’t see any sensors (outside temperature, etc.). Could it be due to the too recent BRP069A78 wlan card firmware version 3.2.4?

Hi i have BRP069A78 but not work can you help me ,? how can i connect my Pump Daikin in HA? tanks

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve heat pomp Daikin Altherma 3H. Only 1 zone and only heat.

I’ve no Madoka remote or lan adapter yet.

What’s the simplest way to command the heat pomp from HA ? Cloud accepted…

I’d like to be able to Switch on/off heat and read some informations as (temp outside…)

Add a BRP069A62 ? BRP069A61 ?

Thanks your help

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone contributing to this it’s working for me.

@Lontra I have the BRP069A78 and I can confirm the speleolontra version is working for me.

One question I have is whether there is any way to get the heat energy generated and pump run time stats?

Hey there! Thanks for all the hard work on this integration. I am new to Home Assistant and this might be a stupid question, but I’m trying to set the target tank temperature (for domestic tap water) in a script, bit the only ‘options’ I get are turn on/off device or change HVAC mode. Is there a way to add the target temp to this list or a way to do it with a python script (I will have to get up to speed with those, but dont want to ruin my heat pump in the process. :wink:

Any help or pointers appreciated,
Kind regards,

Albert van Andel

Ross, I Have also a ABB meter and i am not getting the pulse working. I assume the problem is getting the pulse from the ABB meter to the LAN adapter. Can you share some info with me? I am looking for the correct terminals on the ABB since the numbering from the manual is not on the terminals. Furtheremore i would like to know if you are hust using a regalar cable or a special one.

Hi Ross, could you please advise where to find P1/P2 connection points in Daikin Alterma 3?

I will Have the same system as you and my idea is to control all with HA and Shelly hardware.

Can you Point me what is your system?

Stupid question:
Does the integration also work with the BRP069A61? Except for Smart-Grid stuff they seem to be identical, but I thoughts its wiser to confirm first.

1 Like

Consider using a Faikin WiFi device - if your heat pump supports it, and generally speaking, it should.

I am running a thread here with my installation - I will be adding more as I install it on my remaining systems:

Hi Everybody!

I try to activate my water heater with an automation (I’d like to turn it on at a specific time of the day) but I’m not sure which is the correct “state” to turn it “on” and “off”. Simply the Action “Turn ON” and “Turn OFF” is not working with my BRP069A78, only “changing the operation mode”.
Even changing the temperature works via automation.

Although I am able to control the water heater (on/off) via the Dashboard. Maybe you can help me. Thanks!

Wow. Interesting! Do you know if it supports BPR069A61, too?

I have an Altherma 3 GEO and I wonder if I can use your project to read temps and set the offset.
Thanks a lot!

Sorry I no longer own a Daikin heatpump.
Happy to help if i can. That being said.

Seems like it should, But only one way to find out

1 Like

I am also looking for a way to change water heater settings with an automation. Especially I would like to change to Economic mode when electricity is expensive and change to Comfort mode or even Powerfull when prices are low. Until now without succes.

I am having problems to connect theBRP069A62 adapter.

I’m encountering issues when trying to connect a BRP069A62 to my Daikin Altherma 3 R. After unplugging my old BRP069A78 adapter, disconnecting from the cloud, and plugging in the BRP069A62, my Onecta App recognizes a new device, but I’m unable to add it to my heat pump.

While I can add the adapter to Home Assistant, no values are displayed. I’d like to integrate it with Onecta and configure parameters via the local LAN. Do you have any insights into what might be going wrong?

How did you install the BRP069A61 the manual is very vague I have the black in house controller as shown here

Thankyou

1 Like

What do you mean exactly? There is a pinout in the manual.