Danalock V3 still not working with HA?

It sounds like you have all entities, I would remove the node and try to re add it again. As soon as you add the lock to your gui you have an unlock and lock button on the entity. It should work out of the box. What I also did was updating the lock with the danalock phone app. You could try it

Do you use it with Danapad or simple Danalock? I tried to add many times, but the same. I have lock and unlock button but nothing to do it. I updated also the firmware. Did you make this lock.get_usercode process? If yes when? Waitid until the node compelted status or earlier? What about the code_id parameter?

Only danalock and I didn’t use the get user lock at all or even code I’d. It just worked after add node secure.

Hi Matties, imagine that successfully done! I tried it many times and done. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help!

Nicely done! I’m glad I could help but you did it mostly yourself. Happy locking :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Hi Mattias!
Did you remove the stick from the USB after you pushed the secure add button and take it to the DANALOCK or your DANALOCK was near the raspberry when you connected it?

Hi! Nope, I let it stay in my rbpi while adding secure. Just press add ONCE and wait, go fetch a cup of coffee and then check your ha :slight_smile: this was where I failed in the beginning I think, I didn’t wait long enough… And I updated the firmware

Thank you so much!
I’ll try it!

Hi! Have gotten my Danalock V3 zwave setup and working. But I am noticing that if I turn the lock manually on the door, the status is not updated in Homeassistant. I can see the status change in the Danalock app though. Have you had any experience around that?

Unfortunately I’m seeing this behavior in my setup also… Kinda sucks… But at least the lock seems to respond every time when I use the button in ha… The thing that really sucks is that ha doesn’t recognize and update the lock status sometimes which makes is kinda useless in a security aspect…

Have you tried to turn it all the way? It seems like the lock recognise the unlock state only if the thumb is in its marginal position.

Tried what you said today, and to my surprise it updated in HA every time now! Strange… But nice to see! Thank you for making me try again :+1:

Good that it was helpful for you too :grinning:
It worked even better for me before with the Twist assist because in that case the thumb was always turning all the way automatically. Unfortunately, with the last firmware update the Twist assist is not working in my lock anymore.
I think that this behaviour that lock reports the state only in its marginal positions is a design “feature”.

Anyone know if works with new OZW addon? or only with old zwave integration?

EDIT: Tested with Default ZWave integration and OpenZWave addon from Supervisior, works very well with both.

With default zwave need to get_usercode. Steps: Danalock V3 Z-Wave guide

With OpenZWave addon need to use ozw.set_usercode. Of course press zwave inclusion button on device or app and send command with a code.

Schermata 2020-11-28 alle 20.53.21

Hello.
Thanks for your instrutions.
I followed sep by step but I can´t put my lock working with HA.
Can you help me?
The usercode is always 1234? and the code solt is always 1?
Thank you.

usercode can be set, code slot i don’t know… i used 1.
anyway i prefer HA integrated zwave, but i tested it with OZW addon for check how works.

follow the guide linked, but use OZW for add node (with security, so set a secure key) and when OZW integration show your lock, send ozw.set_usercode and wait.

Sorry about my ignorance, but how can i turn OZW in secutrity mode?
You can see in the pictures how I have my integration.
Can you tell me what I have wrong?
Thank you very much

Add security key in the addon settings, when add node it tell “security mode”, press yes.

After this, use the service from hass

Hi, I’m having issues as well. Once the node added, I’m trying the set_usercode command but getting an error message, “code slot 1 not found”.

Getting 3 entities with the node but can’t do anything with it.

Thanks for your help.

It is a real challenge for many to make this lock work. For me, it took a year of work from and to … The solution that I finally found was after inclusion to take out the batteries in the lock for a moment. After that and possibly a restart of HA, the lock worked.