Danalock V3 Z-Wave guide

Hi there. I’m completely new with HASS so it took me forever to pair my Danalock with my Z-Wave stick in Hass.
I combined a lot of good information found here and noted down some stuff that may seem self-explanatory, but were complete puzzles to me :wink:

So here is my complete newbie guide:

Note: At least for the pairing process, please make sure that your Hass device with the Z-Wave stick attached is close to your DanaLock
Also note: You may not need to reset both Z-Wave stick and DanaLock. I just did this because it took me forever to get everything sorted :slight_smile:

1. Reset both Z-Wave stick and Danalock
  2. Pair iPhone with DanaLock
  • Note, if you have DanaPad as well, this might interfere with everything - Pull out the batteries for the DanaPad before proceeding (can be added later)
  1. Calibrate the lock automatically so it turns all the way over
  2. Find the USB path of your Z-Wave stick:
  • Install a Terminal for Hass or SSH into the docker image.
  • Execute the command: ha hw info
  • Look for the path under “serial” and save it (e.g. /dev/ttyACM1)
  1. Insert the following three lines into your configuration.yaml:
zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM1
  network_key: "0x04, 0x03, 0x01, 0x07, 0x09, 0x06, 0x05, 0x02, 0x09, 0x0A, 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0D, 0x0E, 0x0F, 0x10"

Note: Be sure to replace your usb_path with what you found out in step 4. Network key can probably be left alone.

1. Restart HomeAssistant
  2. Go to Configuration > Z-Wave and make sure that your Z-Wave stick is found under “Z-Wave Node Management” and that everything looks in order. Check your logs too for any possible errors.
  3. Click the little pin hole on the DanaLock once - A green LED will begin to blink.
  • You now have 30 seconds before proceeding with step 9
  1. Go to Configuration > Z-Wave and click “ADD NODE SECURE” and wait for 5 minutes before doing anything else.
  • If you want, you can “TAIL” the Z-Wave logs to follow what’s going on.
  1. Verify that the following device/entities show up under the DanaLock in Hass
  • Poly-control Danalock V3 BTZE
  • Poly-control Danalock V3 BTZE Locked
  • Poly-control Danalock V3 BTZE Alarm Type
  • Poly-control Danalock V3 BTZE Alarm Level
  • Poly-control Danalock V3 BTZE Battery Level
  1. Go to Configuration > Z-Wave and click the drop-down menu for Z-Wave Node Management. Make a note of “Node:X Complete”. This ID is to be used in step 13
  2. Once more, click the little pin hole on the DanaLock once - A green LED will begin to blink.
  • You now have 30 seconds before proceeding with step 14
  1. In Hass, go to Developer Tools > Services and find the service “lock.get_usercode” - Fill in the following:
node_id: 2
code_slot: 1
  1. Click “CALL SERVICE”
  2. Wait for a few minutes while stuff initializes again and everything should be good to go.
  3. Done
4 Likes

this very useful to me

but see here for OpenZWave

When you are setting up zwave locks, you need to have a secure network.
That’s why Danalock is included with “ADD NODE SECURE”
But, zwave security needs network_key as a secret password.
DO NOT COPY&PASTE it from elsewhere or show it to others!
When you start to use secure zwave connections, create your own network_key.

When you start HA, you can check the zwave log that it found you network_key

Info, Setting Up Provided Network Key for Secure Communications

Hi,
I am also new to HA and I want to install my danalock z-wave. But I have problem at a very begining.
After adding to configuration.yaml z-wave: usb_path … I am getting among integrations z-wave (deprecated) and not “just” z-wave. Is this OK? I am not sure. Should I add z-wave JS?
Thank you.

Yes install z-wave JS. But you will not get your lock function as you want.
We need the lock to report locked status and battery status. There is no way this lock will do it trough z-wave. The bluetooth app in phone pulls the information, the lock does not push the information.
https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2556/configs

Are you sure? Have a look at this document

Adding this lock to the new ZWave JS integration works flawlessly. The device has been added as an S2 secured device. If I only knew from the start the ‘user pin’ was located on the inside of the battery cover, I could have done it in 2 minutes instead of an hour :wink:

Lock, battery, door and jamming status are all correctly reported and locking an unlocking the door through HA works fine!

Same here, adding works without a flaw. Node 12. Entities in HA also good.
But: no status, no battery status, no way to operate the lock.

Tried the set_user_code, but don’t know what to enter where… User pin located on the inside of the battery cover? I can’t see that I guess….

Are we talking about z-wave JS or the built-in zwave thingie?
Trying to figure out if I can help here :slight_smile:

My issue resolved itself… I was begin stubborn… I brought the lock very close to controller: all went fine.

If I was doing this with the lock in its final place (at the door 15m away) all was going wrong.

PRO-TIP: don’t be stubborn, and remove the lock from the door and bring it close to the controller!

Z-Wave JS to MQTT here…

Does anyone have entities for alarm type?

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times but I don’t have the entity. I’d like to know who is unlocking the door. I’ve tried exclusion/inclusion multiple times. Also switched between ZWaveJS and ZwaveJS2MQTT, still nothing.

What do you mean by this?

When including with “secure if possible” option later you are given the choice with 2 checkboxes to add S0 and S2 (and add code from inside of the batterylock). Do you just choose one of them or both? I did both and I get controller, sensor and diagnostic for the lock. I do not get battery. I can click controller (it sais locked) and get the option unlock but it does not open the door. All this worked flawless with old zwave hub I had (animus home). Im moving to HA and in learning mode for all that is new for me. But Ill try to unlink/remove and add again. I also placed the lock very close to HA to get it to add.

Edit: Just adding with s2 and using code I find under the cover it pairs directly and all features are there.

I included the danalock with holding it 50cm away from controller and it works great. Then I went downstairs and mounted it to the door and tried to lock the door. Nothing happens and 30 sec later the node went dead. The lock is about 10m away from the controller and I have a thermostat that is 20m away that works great… any ideas?