DarkSky broken in 0.40.1 [Solved, someone stole my key]

Just a heads up and confirmed with another user:

After upgrading to 0.40.1, DarkSky is making way too many API calls for updates resulting in maxing out the available 1000 call per day limit.

If you’re seeing this, please add your observation to this issue:

For now I have rolled back to 0.40 but until tomorrow I have no weather from DarkSky. :frowning2:

Thanks, I won’t be upgrading then

Here’s my console froim DarkSky’s API - I upgraded on 3/16

Here’s the same graph showing the time frame “all time”. You can see the sharp increase in calls after the upgrade (the last two lines on the graph). I upgraded towards the end of the day on 3/16 and it is higher than any of the preceding graphs which show full days usage. My DarkSky config has been unchanged for months.

i upgraded mine on March 16th around 5 PM EST. Its still pulling data from Dark Sky right now

Go to our API console at DarkSky and compare the number of calls before and after the upgrade. Are they higher?

Not bad so far.

@rpitera I saw this even on earlier versions. You can manually config update_interval.

1 Like

I’m on track for normal usage today, though I have set an explicit interval.

I will keep an eye on mine. should not hit more then 700.

Thanks all for your observations.

Just upgraded today. I’m already at 225 calls for the day when I normally max out at 275.

1 Like

Where do I find this?

Me too, I’ve had this problem since the switch from Forecast.io - update interval fixed it for me.

https://darksky.net/dev/

I’ve never had to adjust the update interval; and if you saw the charts above you can see there is a major difference. You may want to look at your usage trends before you say this! :wink:

I’ve never had a problem until 0.40.1 and as you can see by the charts it’s a demonstrable issue.

Please update the issue then so they know the extent of the problem. Link is in the first post. Thanks!

1 Like

Ahh! I’ve been trying to find some secret part of HASS…

Not sure what you mean however here is my all time. Mostly topping out at 1000

If they are topping out at 1k each day that means at some point of the day you are no longer getting updates.

1k is the limit for free API calls.

Exactly.

I think the dips are when I have installed a new version of Hass for testing or on a different machine or the internet or power has been out for more than a few hours.

Mine just hit 696 and rolled over for the next day. Thats normal for me.