Dashboard: Sonos card

You can’t use theme variables like that. Please study the theming section of the description in the first post, or on GitHub.

i have also tried to put this into the themes sections, not sure how you select that inside HA or as part of the card… like below…

frontend:
themes:
rounded:
sonos-background-color: var(–secondary-background-color)
sonos-ha-card-background-color: none
ha-card-box-shadow: none
sonos-artist-album-text-color: rgb(198, 203, 210)
sonos-title-color: rgb(198, 203, 210)
sonos-color: rgb(198, 203, 210)
sonos-player-section-background: rgb(32, 33, 36)
sonos-accent-color: rgb(198, 203, 210)
lovelace-background: center / cover no-repeat fixed url(’/config/www/images/theme.jpeg’)

Theme is for entire HA. So go to your user/profile settings in HA and select the theme there. You might have to restart HA, before the theme can be selected.

Very nice! can you share the code please?

Anyone able to get youtube music as a media source? Any direction would be nice.

As long as there is an integration for it, it will show up in this card. You could try this maybe? Youtube Music - Media Browser

I’ve tried both with no success. I’ll try again but once I have ytube music set up do I need to add any yaml to the card?

Is it working with the built in media browser?

I installed the ytube music integration. Able to browse music in the media sidebar with ytube music selected.

I added the sonos card in lovelace but still not seeing any ytube music. Do I need to create a link between ytube music and my sonos player?

I may have the definition incorrect
ytube integration = media browser
sonos player is my sonos device=player

Could you start by creating an issue in my GitHub repo? Then we can dig deeper from there

Before posting in the GitHub repo I just want to ensure I’m understanding correctly.

This is my Media view. I looked at my Sonos app(android) and this media view is exactly as My Sonos within the app.

I do not see the ytube music browser. Should it appear here automatically?

Yea, if it appears I’m home assistant’s built in media browser

I’m working with the predefined groups and have setup a few (back rooms, downstairs, everywhere) but if I am playing something on say the back rooms and click the button for the predefined group for downstairs, the group gets created but the music stops and I have to start it again. This behavior happens when using any of the predefined groups, but if I have music playing and simply click the individual speaker buttons in grouping they get added or removed from the group and music continues to play. Is there a way to keep the music playing when the predefined groups are used?

Sounds like a bug. Can you post on GitHub?

Sure, I’ll post this over there

Loving this card!

Is there a way to show the name of the currently selected speaker group on the player? I’m showing the group card in a popup and want to be able to se what I’ve selected

Done! Release v5.18.0 · johanfrick/custom-sonos-card · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks! Looks Perfect!!

Having another issue though…Loading the sonos group card in a browser mod pup up. Everything works the first time, and I can select a speaker from the group card. The second time I open the group card and select a new speaker, it temporarily selects the new speaker group, then reverts back to the original speaker group. Yaml is below. Should I open an issue?

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: custom:sonos-player
    entityId: media_player.kitchen_sonos
    skipAdditionalPlayerSwitches: true
    styles:
      media-controls-icon:
        '--mdc-icon-size': 36px
      player-container:
        margin-top: 0rem
  - type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
      - show_name: true
        show_icon: true
        type: button
        icon: mdi:speaker
        name: Select Speaker
        tap_action:
          action: fire-dom-event
          browser_mod:
            service: browser_mod.popup
            data:
              content:
                type: custom:sonos-groups
                groupsTitle: ' '
              title: Speakers
      - type: button
        icon: mdi:ungroup
        name: Edit Group
        tap_action:
          browser_mod:
            data:
              content:
                type: custom:sonos-grouping
                groupingTitle: ' '
              title: Edit Group
      - type: button
        name: Media
        icon: mdi:disc
        tap_action:
          browser_mod:
            data:
              content:
                type: custom:sonos-media-browser
                mediaTitle: ' '
                styles:
                  media-browse:
                    '--mdc-icon-size': 48px

Sure, you can open an issue

This is absolutely awesome I’ve been playing around a bit and loving it. One thought for a design I’m after - is it possible to remove the overlays completely from the album artwork? (title, player controls, etc.?) Thinking of a few old tablets spread about that just display what’s playing from a dash but not necessarily give control - just view.