Dashboard: Sonos card

Yeah, would be nice for sure. I’m assuming it will be quite a big job, and will not be looked into before the first (non-beta) release of v6.
Feel free to create an issue in Github for it.

Hi,

Great card!

I wonder if there’s any option to support Linkplay devices with this card…

Hi Phil,

for me this is one of the best cards in the home assistant universe, you deserve absolute respect for the development.
But please don’t make the mistake of responding to all the requests here and overloading the card with too many features.
It’s a card for Sonos and you’ve made it so perversely cool that I no longer use the original Sonos app.

many many thanks…

Greetings
Moss

Wow, Moss! Thanks for those beautiful words. Really encouraging :hugs:
Very true what you sant about overloading. It is actually one of the reasons why I created v6, to simplify and clean it up.

That’s probably gonna be hard, since I don’t have any Linkplay devices to test with (never even heard about them).

Hi,

some details:

I’m using the Arylic devices (amplifier and streamers)

Really great products.

:loudspeaker: GA version of v6 is now released Release v6 · johanfrick/custom-sonos-card · GitHub.
Enjoy :smiley:

/PunxaPhil

BMC

8 Likes

Hi all,

I’ve given this a go today, and it works fine (I’m only scratching the surface at this point), but I am finding a really odd behaviour: if I play any media source (for example, a radio station from the media browser) then my sonos system completely disappears from spotify (from my computer, from my phone, and from everyone else’s devices in the house). The only way to get it back I found it to be to play something from Alexa - at which point then it instantly appears again for everyone. I found this behaviour mind blowing, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Additionally: has anyone ever managed to add a quick shortcut button for this module to play a radio station on the selected device? I would like to have 4/5 preset stations I could switch between at the distance of a single click (instead of having to browse through 3 levels on the radio browser then finding the station amongst hundreds each time).

Other than the problem above it’s working perfectly, so thank you.

Hi! I love this card and it has rendered the native app redundant. I was excited to see the new release notes but am I doing something wrong? I’ve refreshed the front end and even restarted HA but the card still looks exactly the same and it still says no visual editor available. I even tried adding a new card elsewhere on the dashboard with the same result.

Do i need to delete the existing custom component and reinstall it?

I deleted and redownloaded the card from HACS and now I have the new look which is great! I’m not clear what I can do with the visual editor though. I’m assuming you’re referring to the options that normally appear in a card when you edit dashboard and then edit card?

It says I’m in the visual editor mode but there’s nothing I can actually edit. I assumed I could change certain settings. Am I misunderstanding the notes?

Not sure what has gone wrong for you. The visual editor should be there. Here is how it looks:

Is there a way to set the default player for the latest version of the card? I don’t want to limit access to other players but it would be nice to be able to specify which player is selected when the card first loads.

It’s a mystery. I cannot get it to show! Tried a reboot, different theme, deleted the card and reinstalled and nothing works. Weird. Anyway the default setup looks fine so I’ll just carry on.

Thanks for the great tool!

What version of home assistant?

2023.6.1. The latest

Uhmm. Please, can you tell us how do you set those Sonos-style icons? Where do you find them?

And

2 Likes

How did you setup those neat favourite buttons? Do they link to Radio Browser stations ?

• open Sonos app
  • find a song
  • select radio from song
  • open recently played in Sonos
  • click add to my Sonos on the recently played song radio
    Done

I use Spotify on Sonos. Not sure if that’s required

The new version is awesome (also displays perfectly on the Samsung fridge browser, where the old version was challenged).

Two quesitons

• Is there a way to get an icon only view for the media browser?
  • Is it possible to automatically switch back to the player section, eg. when someone changes the volume and leaves it on the volume section? I could do a browser mod page reload, but I am not sure how to even know which seciton is selected.