Dashboard: Sonos card

Some troubleshooting steps for you:

1. Do you have the Sonos integration working? Sonos - Home Assistant
  2. Do you see your Sonos players in Home Assistant?
  3. Have you added favorites to your Sonos system (the standard Sonos app)?

Is there a way to make the play/pause button bigger?
Thanks!

1 Like

If anyone feels brave, I dare you to try out the new pre-release alpha version of v6 of the card.

Notable changes

• A single card with different sections that can be toggled
  • Visual Editor for nearly all configuration options
  • Completely new look and feel, that is closer to what Home Assistant provides, closer to the popular mushroom cards and also similar to what the native Sonos app provides
  • Now using built-in ha components and material design in many places, instead of building own components.

5 Likes

Take all my fucking money lol. How can I install it? I don’t see clear instructions on how to remove the old one to install this version. A 10 for the work my friend.

:moneybag::grin:
When installing it with HACS make sure to enable beta versions, then you’ll see it in the list.

1 Like

1 Like

First of all, your new version of the card seems wonderful to me. How to improve it is attached below with two images. 1. Speaker zone it would be nice to be able to add a title and an image depending on the type of speaker we have, play1, play3 etc. 2. In the zones section, a better design in terms of the distribution of groups as if they were mushroom chips. To both cards I would add the text a little bigger. Hoping to be able to help as necessary, regards.

Thanks for the feedback and for helping out testing the new card! :hugs:
I don’t follow completely. Maybe because you and me use different naming. The first of your screenshots I call groups. The second I call grouping.
Could you also give some examples on how you want it to look, maybe even a sketch? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not sure if it’s something I have done in my theme or not but I get no volume bar in either this tab or the home tab. Other than this is an amazing upgrade for me. Much easier to use on my wall mounted dash.

Thanks for the report, @raglandan !
Could you share your theme? Then I’ll try it out here

Actually just did a bit of playing - I don’t get any volume sliders under the default theme either.

What version of home assistant?
I’m using the built in ha-control-slider component, not sure which version it was released

1 Like

Hmm - old. 2023.1.2 - I’ll try updating

Ok - that’s sorted the new Sonos card! Although that’s now broken some other things… FML

Just one simple question:
How to make the personal library contained in a NAS visible in the card?

Not really specific to this card, right? If you get it working with the home assistant built in media browser, then it should work in this card too

Yes, i know i can use with media browser, but is there a way to use specifically inside the card?

Not sure I understand. Doesn’t it show in the media browser of the Sonos card?

Yes, it show in the media browser. What i mean is to put the NAS files all inside a favourites section like i can do now from the favourites app…
Actually i have this in the card:
Schermata 2023-05-26 alle 13.04.37
Is it possible to add also a category like NAS files or something similar?
Hope i am clear now…

My NAS files all show up:

I doubt if you’ll get them into Favourites, though - to do that you’d have to put them in Favourites on the Sonos app, wouldn’t you?