Dashboard: Sonos card

Yes, that no longer works with the new version. Please use sections instead. See documentation for details: GitHub - johanfrick/custom-sonos-card: Home Assistant custom lovelace sonos card

Hello again. I flagged the issue with the visual editor not working for me. I see you pushed an update but now I see it appears to be an app issue with the iOS app. When you pushed the update, on my iPad I can now see the visual editor “box” but there is nothing in it. On the iPhone I still get nothing ie it says I’m in visual editor mode but all I can see is the Sonos card itself.

However I just tried it on my laptop and the visual editor shows up perfectly and seems to work except the dynamic volume slider button doesn’t override my current 0-100 setting.

Overall functionality of the card is still fantastic so I’m just flagging the iOS issue for completeness. Not really affecting my usage. Thanks for great feature!

Thanks for reporting! Please reopen on GitHub or open a new issue there :pray:

And now that I’ve messed around with the visual editor on the laptop it’s fully rendering the visual editor on my iPad and iPhone! The best kind of fix…spontaneous!

Yeah, it’s always been tricky with home assistant frontend cache :disappointed:

Thanks for the awesome work, really like the card. I wonder how I can modify the icons for the individual speakers, as shown on Github, where the soundbar is actually a soundbar - and so on?

1 Like

Love this card, thanks for all your hard work! A few things I can’t figure out if this does.

1. To see my que, add or delete songs from my que, do I just need to go to my sonos app for that?

2. Is there a shuffle play option or would I need to put that in the yaml?

Thanks again!

If you edit the entity icon, it should show up on the card with that icon

1 Like

I don’t know of any way to access the Sonos queue. It doesn’t seem like their API supports that.
Add or delete songs could be possible, but not sure how to build a nice UI for that.
Shuffle play? There is a shuffle button on the card. Isn’t that enough?

Hi all,

Thanks for this amazing card. I’ve been looking around in this post but couldn’t find it (yet). Is it possible to do 2 things:

1. I just want to show all favorite radio stations that I added to my sonos. I don’t want the user to be able to go “up a level” and browse any other content for example albums or even a higher level and go all the way to “my media”. I’ve filtered most of it out by using
mediabrowsertilestoignore:
- my media
- radio browser etc... 

but I want the media-browser button gone in total.

1. is it possible to make it so it looks some what like this? 2023-07-07 21_37_30-Tablet – Home Assistant

thanks in advance!

no suggestions so far? :frowning: maybe you @PunxsutawneyPhil ?

Hello.
would the yaml-Code for the cards shared from benm7? Can’t find some lines in the thread.
Thanks and best regards.

I totally back this up. In an ideal world, I would like to be able to control the width / height as well, as i need a 6:4 ration on the player rather than 1:1.

Hoping for this to come.

/Michael

Sure, it’s already reported here: Allow bigger card width · Issue #151 · johanfrick/custom-sonos-card · GitHub

Hey, I really like this card!
Just one thing I’m struggling with, how can i use the volume slider to make each speaker proportionally louder and quieter instead of setting them all to the same volume?

Thanks for your help!

Not with the slider, but you can show buttons for it. Use this setting: showVolumeUpAndDownButtons: true (or configure it in the graphical editor).

First time using this, added to my evolving HA setup. Walk in the house, panel on the wall, turn off the alarm, play my favourite music.

Just bought a few coffees. Hope everyone does this.

Buy Phil a Coffee

Have one question. On my phone (narrowest of the devices, on the wall tablet it’s not an issue), the card cuts off about 2/3 of the volume button on the bottom. Picture attached:

![Screenshot_20230807_132953_Home Assistant|225x500](upload://gkhzVM7jX1rMfDT5ctTjFostb24.jpeg)
type: custom:sonos-card
sections:
  - player
  - volumes
  - groups
  - grouping
  - media browser
showVolumeUpAndDownButtons: true
predefinedGroups:
  - name: Downstairs
    entities:
      - media_player.sonos_kitchen
      - media_player.sonos_living_room_left
      - media_player.sonos_office
      - media_player.sonos_living_room_tv
  - name: Terrace Lower
    entities:
      - media_player.sonos_terrace_left
      - media_player.sonos_terrace_right
dynamicVolumeSlider: true
heightPercentage: auto
1 Like

Thanks for the kind words and the donation to support further development!

I think you failed in uploading your screenshot?

heightPercentage: auto

heightPercentage should be a number. auto is not supported, and can cause unexpected behaviour. Default is 100.

I will try again.