Database got indeed smaller :)

Just to let you know that you guys are doing an amazing job!

My backup already show the love that was put in the db last release :smiley:

1 Like

Wow I have size envy, I wish I could reduce mine much below 400 mb and the only reason its that low is because I spent ages tweaking my recorder settings to exclude all but vital data and make backups that exclude certain add-ons and folders.

I, too appreciate all the great work that’s been done on the database. As a former DBA it’s great to finally be seeing the Recorder database get some well-needed efficiency improvements. Thank you!!

I’m also impressed with the sizes posted. I’ve worked hard to get mine below 21M. It really does require some effort to identify what to keep and what to exclude. I wish it were easier for new users to understand and do this.

[Shameless plug alert:] I did submit a Feature Request to make this easier, feel free to up-vote if you agree.

@rossk do you see any difference with the 2022.6? I guess in your case it should be massive.

I’m using HA for less than 2 weeks and I have just 9 devices (counting Google Home and Vaccum) but just one sensor (from what I could observe, they are the most noisy device).

@CaptTom great idea! Upvoted.

2 Likes

I upvoted this awhile ago. Apart from a couple of custom billing sensors that I would like to track. The rest of it can get purged every couple days. I really hope the feature request gets implemented

1 Like

Keep those votes coming, we made it into the top 30!

I know it’s more rewarding to do development work on new, flashy, highly visible features. I’m glad to see some HA developers are working down below decks to keep the lights on and the engines (in this case, database engines) running smoothly!

Unfortunately i have been unable to see, as for the first time in years I had to restore home assistant from a backup and this corrupted / lost me my DB.

But i have an aggressive recorder yaml setup so only capture what I need.