DD - Automatic area-based dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.7.0

Is not an issue its a FR see: [FR] Custom cards · Issue #506 · dwainscheeren/dwains-lovelace-dashboard · GitHub

Yes in DD 3.1 you can disable an area entirely and you can hide a device overview page.

1 Like

Hi,

My first impressions of this are wow, this looks a great idea. I know it will only get better. It isn’t useable for me yet though as it has dragged every entity that I have into it, a lot I wouldn’t use in a dashboard, i.e. diagnostic entities, it would take hours to disable these, being able to multi select or something like the nabu casa approach where you can stop it from auto adding a type of entity.

One other little thing, is the lights counting thing, I wouldn’t want it counting light “groups” as this essentially adds a light that doesn’t exist. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am looking forward to seeing where you take this and sorry if I have repeated any previous posts.

Thanks for the hard work.

2 Likes

In 3.1 you can disable or hide all entities in the area with 1 button. Then you can enable entities you want. For some people this is faster then the other way around like now 3.0 acts by default.

Regarding to the light counts you can please open up an github issue/fr for that? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be great if that’s possible!

1 Like

I’ve searched this thread, but can’t find how to assign areas to floors, so that you can use the Group By Floor function. Anyone have this working?

1 Like

Look in the DD v3 How to :slight_smile: Dwains Lovelace Dashboard | An fully auto generating Home Assistant UI dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile by Dwains for desktop, tablet, mobile

It’s here Dwains Lovelace Dashboard | An fully auto generating Home Assistant UI dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile by Dwains for desktop, tablet, mobile :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much for answering everything dwains!

i’ll donate, hope everything goes well =)

Hi Dwain,

For some reason all my ewelink devices are not populating into the dashboard. Any guidance?

Thanks! :slight_smile: I really love every donation

Add it to an HA area :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello
Thanks for the work :wink:
I have a lot of entities that are read-only (RFlink) so its entities do not appear in DD3.
I can add them via a personalized card but they are not included in the top of the page in on/off
Can you help me?

Add them to an HA area then they show up in DD. If not then template then.

1 Like

Noticed shortly after, sorry about that! Thanks for the response! Absolutely loving the dashboard @dwains!

1 Like

@dwains Thank you for your contribution to HA. It is very helpful. I am new to HA and your dashboard creation tool has made things much easier for me with regards to creating a fully functional dashboard. Is there a way to bring in a page that I created in my “overview” Dashboard sidebar tab and it take the same visual asthetic as your dashboard?

Last question would be, on the devices page if I have hidden all of the devices from DD on the right pane to have the device type on the left pane go away? In my instance, I have a device type of “cover” showing up in the left pane and something related to the garage door as the device on the right pane. I have hidden the individual device in the right pane, but the device type is still showing in the left pane. Would the only way be to remove it from the “Garage” area so that DD doesn’t pick it up at all?

This is possible in 3.1.

You can copy the yaml and in DD make a custom card or page and paste the yaml inside there. Can all be done in UI.

Another video about Dwains Dashboard by a fan (not me).

Ahh, I follow you on both. Thank you for the replies!

@dwains I’m really sorry to keep bothering you and the community on something that I feel should be easy but is proving not to be. Can you help me determine what is going on with the “vertical stack” . When I do a lovelace card of the vertical stack variety. It always loads to the screen I have attached with no way to move up or down or add additional cards to the stack. If I hit the plus icon, it also does nothing. I went and actually deleted integration from my installl and after reinstalling the integration, it still did it.

Additionally, this issue seems to not occur when doing the vertical stack on the original “overview” dashboard.

@dwains congratulations for the exelent dashboard you created.

i´m having an issue, related to unique_id. i have some entities created through utility meter and these entities doesn´t have unique_ids, this means i cant assing those to areas. for example:

utility_meter:
  geracao_excedente_kwh_mensal:
    source: sensor.shelly_excedente_kwh
    cycle: monthly
    offset:
      days: 15
    net_consumption: true

as far as i can see, utility meter doesn´t accept unique_id, so how to add these to areas so it appear on dwains dashboard?

“this entity (“sensor.geracao_excedente_kwh_mensal”) does not have a unique ID, therefore its settings cannot be managed from the UI. See the documentation for more detail.”