DD - Automatic area-based dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.7.0

Hi

I am trying to set up v3.1 but with v2 layout.
Do i need to configure theme same way like older release? Or it will be also auto generated?
I ask because when i enable v2 layout i see blank screen.

Thanks

Nothing to setup in dd3. V2 option auto populates. Your blank screen is because you have no entities allocated to area’s in HA OR the bug that is raised and everyone is waiting for a fix

@dwains pushed a new version V3.2.0 to Hacs which works with the July version of Home Assistant. Please make sure “Beta” is enabled.

1 Like

v3.2.0 - Made compatible with HA 2022.7, bug fixes & some new features

Please consider a donation :+1:

How to update

• MAKE A BACKUP! Of your HA setup and the dwains-dashboard config folder in your root HA folder.
  • Update through HACS or download the zip and copy over existing files.
  • Reboot HA and CLEAR CACHE (browser and mobile app)!

V3.2.0 changelog

• DD works now in HA 2022.7
  • Dutch translation changes
  • Polish translation changes
  • Added am/pm function for clock
  • Fixed bug with empty homepage on invalid weather or alarm entity
  • Really small speed improvements (will try to work more on it for next release)
  • Small other bug fixes.

Awesome! I can’t see it yet though.

edit: Just popped up. Updated, clear cache, restarted HASS, restarted server. Still not working…

Are you coming from 2022.6? You can only do 2022.6 with dd v3.1 then update to dd v3.2 and install ha 2022.7

No, no luck and still no help :frowning:

1 Like

Installed, rebooted , cleared cache, still blank dashboard

Home Assistant 2022.7.5
Supervisor 2022.07.0
Operating System 8.2
Frontend-versie: 20220707.1 - latest

Same issue here, tried clearing cache and rebooting, still blank. Even tried a brand new totally separate web browser and still the same.

For me I had to delete the dwains folder in config then reinstall the dashboard.
Now the the dwains folder is into custom_components instead of config root and loaded without errors.

I’m also having the same issue with a blank dashboard.

When you did this, did you have to start from scratch again?

No I was already on .7.

Okay so if you got dd 3.1 running and updated to HA 2022.7 which cause a broken dashboard, updating to dd 3.2 won’t fix this. The only correct way is got a working DD 3.1 on HA 2022.6 then update to DD 3.2 with HA 2022.7. If you got a broken dashboard check all config files in the dwains-dashboard config if one of them is 0kb or empty then remove that file and try to reboot HA, then it must work. As I always say make a backup before updating. So you all need to have a backup of the DD config folder.

Yes I had to start from scratch but my dashboard was barely configured and I did not want to go back to 2022.06

Better follow dwains instructions if you want to keep your config as I not sure simply adding the config back to the folder structure will keep the integrity of a previous setup

2 Likes

Okay so you all now got a working DD ? :slight_smile:

I removed and reinstalled, now working fine ! Everything is black /white now , can i change the color scheme ?

In your profile settings. Bottom left you see your initials or a photo click on that there you can set colors or a theme.

Yes i know how to set a theme, before there was an option in Dwains. Last release , i did have blue icons in Dwains, now all is black and White.

Your image show blue icons

Stupid me, i have to set icons , sorry !

No problem :slight_smile: You can set the blue color of them in your profile settings, you can make them any color you want.

1 Like