DD - Automatic area-based dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.7.0

I just installed. I see the new dashboard on my destkop but when I click the [D] in the sidebar on my app on cellphone (Android), I get the “custom element doesnt exist: dwains-dashboard-layout”

Again, works fine on desktop. But not on my android app.

Reset the app cache of the android app.

Hi Dwain,

Went into app information on phone cleared cache, still same thing. I also have a storage area on the phone that I could clear.

@dwains

Just to make sure I understand correctly if I am now on 2022.6.7 and DD 3.1.

Below is what worked for me: → maybe I did things out of order but I can say DD is working coming from 2022.6.7

1. Make HA backup. Save a copy of the Dwains Dashboard folder from config to a safe place.
  2. Update DD 3.1 to 3.2 on HACS.
  3. Update HA to 2022.7
  4. Redownload DD 3.2 from HACS
  5. Restart HA
  6. Clear Cache/ restart browser if issues

(Maybe if I would’ve updated HA to 2022.7 first, restarted, then installed DD 3.2, restarted, things would’ve worked properly. But on my setup, all I can say is that the 6 steps above have me up and running when going from HA 2022.6.7 to HA 2022.7 and DD 3.1 to DD 3.2)

Is this correct?

EDIT: This looks to have not worked (the order), I have been met with the below on DD after home assistant restart.

EDIT 2: This was corrected with a redownload of 3.2 while on HA 7.6 and a restart. (Instructions for my situation have been updated above)

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this. I really don’t want to have to rebuild DD from scratch.

Clear your browser cache ctrl + f5

Thank you for your reply. I gave that an attempt after deleting my browser cookies but it didn’t seem to correct things. In the end, for whatever reason, the steps I posted in my last post seemed to help. What is the proper order anyways.

Is it update DD to 3.2 while still on 2022.6.7 and then install 2022.7?

Hi everyone, I am trying to modify the name of the cover domain in “Tapparelle” or “Cover” because in automatic when I installed the “dwains dashboard” the name was be appeared in “COPERCHIO”.
Can anyone explain me if there is a method of changing this name? thank you for your reply.

Probably a bad translation in Italian. You can provide your comments here.

Please make a PR on the translation file :slight_smile:

Is there a way to set access right on DD?
Only admin can see the dashboard. and hidden from normal user.

Not by default, but you can change this boolean in the code. https://github.com/dwainscheeren/dwains-lovelace-dashboard/blob/0ac12185710288267bc7dfe749f22c99c7f56178/custom_components/dwains_dashboard/load_dashboard.py#L31

Any specific uninstall directions? I believe I removed it but I still get alerts to install an update when an update exists. It is NOT listed as a custom repository or downloaded repo as far as I can see.

Hi Dwain, do you have a roadmap for the project? Are you going to keep developing and adding features?

This theme is sooooo good. Is it possible to have theme default select a room? Example, I have a room called Home, which I’ve added cameras, locks and calendar. I would love for it to default there after a set time? Is this possible?

After a specific time is not possible. Only way to do that is to make a own js file you add which refreshes the url to a specific room after a time that would be easy. The first area is the default room. Top left one in not grouped list.

1 Like

Not now. All FR are on github but no specific order i’m working on them.

Remove the folder in custom_components then reboot ha.

HA 2022.8 is safe in combination with DD 3.2 :slight_smile: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Hi Dwains and all!

I’d love to have a way to quickly turn on/off all lights in one area, without creating scenes or scripts or lights groups, etc…

By pure accident, I double-clicked on the area cards in the side-panel and to my utter surprise, it does seem to want to do just that for me: call a turn_on/turn_off on an area… BUT unfortunately it returns an error instead of answering my prayers. Any ideas?

It does this even on the cards where there are indeed light entities assigned to the area.

I have DD working on PC browser, after refreshing cache, also working on Android phone, having cleared cache on Chrome, however, the Android Companion app still shows the ‘Custom element doesn’t exist’ red box as shown in installation instructions.

I’ve cleared the app cache, but still it does not work. Chrome on same phone can see the dashboard ok.

What do I need to do to get the app to work?