DD - Automatic area-based dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.7.0

I kept on going back to the app and the dashboard over the last few days and finally this morning it started working

Awesome, so its working? :slight_smile:

Yup, seems to be

I need help debugging my installation of Dwains. Installed it through HACS, restarted everything, it appears on integrations but I just don’t see the option in the side menu.
I’ve tried with different browsers but it’s just not there. I’m running HA OS on a raspberry pi.

Is it showing up in your dashboard overview?
and did you do this step also?

How can you delete/uninstall everything of Dwains dashboard?
Only empty dashboards

In area panel each room shows temperature. I have Philips hue outdoor motion sensor which has the wrong temperature calibration. So I need to offset the temperature by 2 celsius lower.

But area panel shows only original Philips sensor temp. I added the offset temp on right side via creating button card. But is it possible to display offset temperature in area panel?

I use this code in yaml

• platform: template
    sensors:
    philips_hue_outdoor_ce96d10b_temperaturo:
    friendly_name: “Philips Hue Outdoor offset temperaturo”
    value_template: “{{ states(‘sensor.sensor_signify_netherlands_b_v_sml004_ce96d10b_temperature’) | float -2.3}}”
    device_class: temperature
    unit_of_measurement: ‘°C’

@dwains

Can I get you to comment on my findings below to help me determine if this is a bug or known issue?

The 3 highlighted entities below all have a helper created for each of them with helper type “change device type of switch”.

The switches are:
“office outlet 2 left”
“gym outlet left left”
“gym outlet right right”

Their related light entities are (created with “change device type of switch” helper):

“playstation light”
“left vols light”
“right vols light”

The switches which are related to the lights are showing in the “hidden” status with no way to change this (home assistant greys out the ability to change status for the switch) as this is how home assistant treats the switch.

Even though, home assistant has made the 3 switches hidden, dwains dashboard is still showing them in the switch summary list. There is no way to disable the 3 switches from showing in the dwains dashboard that are showing in the switches “on” summary (by clicking the switch header under “Good Evening”).—> This is the bug I believe, everything else in this post is supporting documentation.

The 3 switches also do not show up in the office enabled switch list, nor do they show up in the “hidden/ disabled” area in dwains dashboard. I believe based on how everything else works in your dashboard that this is a bug. Below are photos of the enabled list and hidden/ disabled areas additionally.

Could I get your comments on this?

Thank you @dwains!!

Yes I am experiencing this as well. I have one update according to HA that needs to be installed but other than that HA is a current installation. Installed HACS and installed Dwains but nothing in the left menu.

Hi Guys. I use quote a few light groups and the light group is counted as a light switched on. How can i change it so that light groups are not included in the overall number of lights on?

Disable the group in dwains

But i use the light group to turn on groups of lights. surely disabling the item in DD stops me using it and interacting with the group which is not what i want. I just dont want the group to be counted as a light on. I seem to recall that there was some yaml code to stop groups being included in lights on count

Use exclude, the exclude is to exclude them in counting and the house information bar.

I still dont see how that helps. I use the light group to turn on multiple lights in a room. I still want to click my light group and interact with it. I just dont wish the light group to be counted.

Craig

In DD there are 3 options to set for an entity. If you choose the “exclude” option the group is still visable in the area and you can interact with it. (Switch on off etc)

What happens is that it is excluded from the “bar” on the left. So this means all your individual lights will still be there but not the group entity. So if you have 3 lights in a group it will only show these 3 lights. Instead of 4 ( which would be including the group entity)

Sorry i had missed Exclude. Was rushing this morning.

Thank you i have set that on the light group and it now displays the correct number of lights. Thanks again

I made a small table to try to clarify the different status of entities in the Dwains dashboard.

3 Likes

Hi,

Is there any was to set pages visible only for certain user/users?
In classic dashboard, You can set for which user card should be visible, but I dont see at documentation anything related to same options for pages in Dwains Dashboard.

I’m really missing the possibility to round up valus in dashboard

Round up valus?