DD - Automatic area-based dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.7.0

Hi all, i recently added the afvalwijzer add-on, but Im struggling to get all the icons visible, see screenshot:

. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Having this issue as well. Did you figure it out?

Set your profile theme to backend selected or default. Try both of them with a cache clear after them. Then the icons must be blue or your theme primary color selected in DD settings.

In Chrome my most used browser and Edge I see themes, but in both its grayed out. Idea’s?

Hi sjefen, not yet…

Hi Dwain,

first, thank you so much for your incredible theme/dashboard! :smiley:
I’ve tried what you suggested, but nevertheless the icon colors stay white on black. My DD settings is set to standard blue primary color :confused:
any other ideas, on what could cause this behaviour on my end?

Hi Killerm,

Yes it does, I have it running in my Dwains theme using Buienradar

Kr,

Bart

hi, did some research and found a solution for the grayed out themes.

The solution: install recently removed themes, again. Restarted HA and the themes dropdown was working again.
Sofar the “good” news.

The last bit, set theme to backend or default clear cache and restart HA doesn’t solve showing the icons.

Any idea’s are more then welcome.

Hey all,
Im not sure if anyone else had mentioned or talked about the Safety info, and icon. I have only my first alert smoke and co set, and it always has showed status ok in the device and the dwain dash area. After the recent HA update it now shows the outlined icon for safety alert and says one device unsafe. Any info or ideas that might have caused this?
Thanks,
Jace

Well once again if I had given myself another 10 minutes I could have answered that question. So for anyone else, maybe really not sure of the whole backend code understanding, I thought about the possibility of the Global safety_ok_strings being case sensitive. Sure enough my smoke ok, was all caps, OK. So added “OK” to the global.yaml and all is well!

Thanks again Dwain for all the great work!

Hi people,

I am running HA on my PI4 and installed dwaynes dash via HACS. It is active and I have been playing arround. I really love the sight of it how it looks on a your cellphone. I made some room and populated them by hand. ( Changed the rooms.yaml ) I couldn’t add more than one light in a room or one mediaplayer. Is this normal ? The other thing is if you are in the main dashboard off dwaynes and klick in the upper right corner you see the on-used entities. Do you need to populate your rooms with entiteits from that point ? I am trying to find a instruction how to populate rooms.

thanks in advance

I’ve been trying to get my cards to scale and I’ve been unable to succesfully scale anything to full screen in my pages.

No matter what I do it gets stuck at a certain size which is like 60% of the screen.

this dashboard uses groups. so you basicly put all lights you got in a room in a group and add this group to the rooms.yaml.

read this for more info.

1 Like

if you´re talking about custom cards: there is a bug in the current version that will be fixed by dwain in the next release. to fix it check this post.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, got my lights in different groups now for each room, added smoke, temp, movement based on location.

How can I control the lights separately?
For instance I have 4 media players in one room how can I add them en control them separately

the theme usew groups but shows each device.
so just put all media players in a group and add this group to the room. if u click on the room, then on the media player it will show all of them. this is how it works with lights and covers at least

1 Like

thanks a lot for the info

I want to have my door lock on top in the header. Where and how do i do it? =)

You need to add the door option for a room in the room.yaml file. Note that the door will only be displayed if it is open.

1 Like

How can I use v2.0.4 feature described below?

• Make it possible to hide lights page from main menu (#276)