DD - Automatic area-based dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.7.0

This is sort of an HA issue. Check if your entities got the right device class set so DD can recognize them and make use of them :slight_smile:

How did you manage to replace the usual action for clicking on a person? I can’t seem to make it work, even after the Blueprint is installed…

Does anyone know how we can edit the persons to track. Even if I try to add persons to some area and then hide them they still show up in the main page.

You can add persons to an area. Then you can go to that area edit mode or to devices → persons and then edit the popup of that person entity.

1 Like

You want to hide/remove a specific ha user in the top house information badges on the homepage?

How did you manage to get the Media Player and Thermostat in the Top Row?

Yes, that would be the idea.

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance … I’ve just checked my entities for their device class. However, I can’t understand where the issue is… For example: I have a Nest Protect: its binary sensor called “binary_sensor.nest_protect_kitchen_battery_health” is perfectly recognized by DD3 (its device_class is “battery”). However, my motion sensor called “binary_sensor.sensore_movimento_camera_occupancy”, which has “motion” as device_class, is not recognized by DD3. I tried changing its device_class, but nothing changes…
Furthermore, DD3 perfectly recognizes the opening/closing sensor of the door of my dishwasher (which as “device_class” has “door”) while it does not recognize the contact sensors I have on the windows, which always have “door” as “device_class”…
How can I fix it? Thank you!!

You sure that device is added to an ha area?

1 Like

I like the icons for things like “Informations” and “Salon.” Where do you get these from please?

I installed Cupertino icons from HACS and I added colored icons from the Free SVG site.

https://freesvg.org/

Many thanks @ValMarDav :slight_smile: I found out how to install Cupertino , but how do I install from the SVG site? I tried downloading a few from the SVG site into /root/config/custom_components/cupertino/data/ios but that didn’t do it.

[Edit - that did work after I refreshed the browser :slight_smile: ]

Great job with V3.0! However… For some reason the latest version makes my browser tab for HA really slow and unresponsive. Does anyone else experiencing this? I use Firefox 99.0.1 64-bit.

What I did, I renamed the IOS directory and I created a new one that only contains the icons I downloaded from Free SVG. :grinning:

How to get menu buttons on bottom

Making a dashboard is the most tedious part of HA for me, and this thing is pretty much entirely auto generated. The only actual yaml i had to do was a slightly custom button so the camera in favorites didn’t show a large picture preview, and even that was super easy.

Dwains is what you want if you just want an interface that works and don’t want to mess with the most convoluted part of HA, which is dealing with cards and yaml.

I am new to HA and your Dashboard came in very handy to understand how the whole system work. I am also trying to install this dashboard GitHub - LRvdLinden/unifi_dashboard_dd_addon: 🔧 By RubenDijk / 🎨By LRvdLinden-- UniFi in Home Assistant Dwains Dashboard. but I can’t get it to work. Is anyone that can help with it?

Smart Home Junkie already made a video about DD v3 :slight_smile: He doesn’t cover all the awesome things but the basic things are well explained :smiley:

Now with working video link :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try resetting the app cache.

I can port it over to a v3 blueprint if you want?

1 Like