DD - Automatic area-based dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.7.0

A port to v3 would be awesome :slight_smile: I’d love to use the Unifi page as well

And another awesome video about Dwains Dashboard V3 this time by Smart Home Makers

1 Like

Amazing effort Dwain, thanks.
I have two quick questions/comments. I am getting a lot of ‘login attempt failed’ notifications with the IP address of the device I am using, which is obviously actually logged in. But these only started since setting up the dashboard.
Secondly I setup an Eight panel blueprint page, which worked but I wanted to change one of the entities. But when I go into edit and change the field, submit, reload, etc the original entity is still showing. Do I need to setup the whole page again or should it be able to change entities at any time?

Working on transitioning from DD2.7 to DD3.0.

I’ve had to re-order the Areas like 6x to get them to stick. Not sure why.
Also running into a LOT of freezing. Like tons of it. Almost every time I enter/exit mode it hangs, takes 2-3 minutes, then I get a browser popup saying the page is not responding and asking if I’d like to wait.

I’ve also just had a full Home Assistant crash. Killed process, out of memory. Possibly related to trying to use the editor?

This is going to be a long process I feel.

You may be on to something here. I suddenly started getting a 403 Forbidden message. Checked ip_bans.yaml and sure enough banned_at: ‘2022-04-26T22:53:52.473378+00:00’

Just banned again using the UI editor.
banned_at: ‘2022-04-27T00:19:55.213025+00:00’

@dwains has this come up in testing?

2 Likes

Hi! Is there a way to hide/disable an area in DD? I have a Sonos integration that keeps creating an area with Sonos devices. I haven’t found a way to disable it in HA, every time I reboot the area is created again.
Thanks!

I’m also getting login errors for my iPhone which is logged in.

I’ve tried logging out the app and back in for now so will see if this stops it.

This will be possible in 3.1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be honest, this is what I had during testing as well. I think it is related to the dashboard. Not the proper way but for now I omitted it by temporarily disabling the IPban check in the config file of HA bij adding

http:
  ip_ban_enabled: false

I think it’s related to you guys use/access HA is it through local ip, domainname, with or without ssl cert. ?

domain name with SSL cert here.

Doesnt help
tried several times

Android app?

I had the same. Using DuckDNS to connect with HA. Also using NGINX SSL proxy. And using IPhone and iPad.
I went back to DD2.x because I didn’t had much time to configure DD3 (blocking all “unnecessary” sensors and switches) and the IP ban problem was gone again.

You did a good job with DD3 Dwain. Unfortunately we can’t use DD2 and DD3 parallel.

Yes
Samsung S20fe

I’ve done the same, back to 2.x.
The IP ban issue, browser freezing, facing literally multiple thousands of entities that need “disabling”, not being able to re-arrange or order custom cards, things like “19 thermostats on” and when I click into it all 19 show off, my oven temp was being calculated and added into the kitchen room temp so my kitchen was showing at like 180C, and ultimately I didn’t like the split screen view on desktop. Every time I’d load it would open the 1st area which happens to be my Automower that’s only operational for 5 months out of the year.

I like the overall concept, but I think it still needs some refinement before I’m willing to ditch DD2. Maybe I’ll hop on around 3.3 or 3.4 when the kinks are worked out.

I don’t got Android myself but I hear about a lot of problems with HA app on Android. You need to clear the app cache. Somebody on my discord said:

yep, android users: you need to clear app data (not just cache) then log in again to get DD working in the HA app

Using dd 2 and dd 3 together parallel is indeed not really 100% possible unfortunately

I’m working on a button/function to disable/hide all entities in an area so then you can start with all hidden/disabled and enable the ones you want instead of the other way around (which you also can keep doing) you can choose then what you prefer as a first start-up of dd 3.

The new split screen is more focussed on wall mounted tablets so you have all in 1 view instead of going 3 pages deep like in DD v2.

Regarding your temperature. With DD v3 I follow the official HA (developer) docs and inside an area it takes all the temp sensors and shows the average of them. I would recommend to make a seperate area for the oven/kitchen equipment because areas are not the same as a room in dd v2. Or wait until 3.1 or 3.2 then I’ve made a function that you can disable certain entities as being calculated on temp overview.

1 Like

Now THAT will go a long ways for guys like me! I opened my livingroom area to like 1,200 entities and went “Nope” LOL