Deconz is not connecting properly to Hass.io - Lights visible but "Unavailable"

I had the exact same problem as OP. This comment saved my life today!

I have the exact same problem as OP. I’m on the core addon, but that seems to be the goto addon now? ref https://github.com/marthoc/hassio-addons/tree/master/deconz

My Conbee2 fw version is
Version 2.05.67 / 22.4.2019
Firmware 264A0700

Any ideas?

Same issue here after a system upgrade a day ago.

All of my Deconz entities show as (Unavailable) despite working fine in Phoscon. I am also seeing a System Log message that I suspect is related to Deconz:

WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.api.security] No API token provided for /api/config

I have uninstalled / reinstalled Deconz / rebooted multiple times.

Running HassOS 2.12 / Supervisor 185 / Deconz 3.3 (from HA add-on store)
My Conbee2 firmware version is 2.05.67 / 8.26.2019
Firmware 26490700

Are there any suggested troubleshooting paths for this?

Same issue here. So if anybody finds a solution I’d be very happy.
Cheers,
Georg

I had the same problem (worked in phoscon, but unavailable/not working in hass.io), but this is how I resolved it:

Assumptions - You have already :
a) Installed the core Deconz add-on (via the addon store)
b) in you configuration.xaml you have enabled discovery:
c) Configured and pointed out where your device (in my case Conbee) is installed by typing the config when you go into the deconz addon details, eg:

{
  "device": "/dev/ttyUSB0",
  "vnc_password": "whatever your password is"
}

I was seeing issues when I clicked Developer Tools > Logs related to Deconz.

So this is what I did to fix the issue

1. Go to Configuration > Integrations > deCONZ Zigbee Gateway: deCONZ-…
  2. Click in on the deconz Integration and remove it by clicking the trashcan in the top right.
  3. Restart hassio and after a while you will see that hass.io finds a new available integration (deConz)
  4. Go to you Phoscon by browsing, eg: http://192.168.1.99:40850/pwa/index.html (port depends on what you have configured in your deconz add-on details, but 40850 is the default port)
  5. Click on your Gateway, open up the hamburger menu and click Gateway > Advanced > Authenticate app
  6. Quickly go back to hass.io and go to integrations and now add your newly found Deconz integration (should also be available in the notifications area).

If you don’t authenticate the app, you will add the deconz add-on, but no devices will be found!

Good luck and happy home automation! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was really hopeful about this solution, but I am still getting:

Invalid key for deCONZ at 172.30.32.1
Error connecting with deCONZ gateway

I can see all the nodes in DeCONZ, I can see and control my Keen Vents in the Phoscon web portal, but no devices/entities are appearing under the DeCONZ integration in Home Assistant and the deconz services do not appear either.

I’ve removed and re-added the DeCONZ integration; I honestly don’t recall whether I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing the whole add-on, but I’m about to try it if I can’t find a solution.
Once I figure something out, I will definitely post what I find.

_____________Update:

1. Made a backup of the Phoscon config.
  2. Uninstalled the deCONZ add-on.
  3. Rebooted the raspberry pi.
  4. Installed the deCONZ add-on.
  5. loaded the backup to Phoscon config.
  6. Gateway, open up the hamburger menu and click Gateway > Advanced > Authenticate app
  7. In hassio Integrations, selected the discovered deCONZ, clicked configure.

The integration was configured successfully, but the result is still the same: no devices, no services, and the error messages in the log as mentioned above.
Two thoughts:

1. Does the config-backup contain the issue, so restoring it is not a good option.
  2. Maybe after uninstalling the add-on, check docker to see if there is a container that needs removal.

____________Final Update:

1. The Gateway > Advanced > Authenticate app piece turned out to be unnecessary in my particular case.
  2. Restoring the Phoscon backup did turn out to be an issue: I had to reset and re-add all of the zigbee nodes one by one after connecting the DeCONZ integration in Home Assistant, then using the deconz refresh device list service.

Everything is working now. The only apparent issue is that the Open / Close of my Keen Vents appears to be reversed. Not sure if there is a way I can fix that via templating or not. Should not matter too much in the long run once I get things fully automated.

I have this problem too. HA loses connection to deconz on every reboot until I restart HA from the webui manually. Should I switch to the other deconz addon? I would have hoped that the one from the official store is the moste stable one? Running official hass.io VM image with USB passthru.

Hello, since today I am having the same issue, only for the lights devices in deconz.
Need to restart HA after a reboot of hassio to get the lights to work

1 Like

See my post:

Yes I can confirm the same problem - lights (Hue) under Home Assistant in combination with the Conbee 2 stick are shown as “not available” in the dashboard.

Likewise I can switch them on and off ok in Phoscon.
All my Xiaomi/aqara zigbee gear is working fine in home assistant, it is just the lights not flowing through.

If I delete the deconz integration and re add it (after re-authenticating in phoscon), the lights are available again, but only until the next HA restart.

I did notice at the first time this error occured, my hue light entity names changed from “light.hue_extended colour_1” to what I named it in Phoscon “light.hue_1”

If discovery doesn’t update adress when hass starts you can manually update adress by initiating a new deconz integration setup. The config flow will match the hardware id to the existing integration and it should update it’s adress

Hi, same problem here. I create deconz integration, it works, after I restart HA server via Server management the integration stops working.

I have exactly the same issue. The light integrations are disappearing (the sensor integrations are still here). I didn’t have that issue before… I can also control the lights perfectly from the Phoscon app. I did delete the integration and linked it again but I cannot do this on each restart…

You can call the device refresh service if your lights are missing after a restart

2 Likes

Thank you that does work! However it feels a bit clumsy, why do I have to do this manually? Is there any change that happened? I didn’t have to do this ever before…

This is an old issue in deconz where the lights take much longer to load so the integration gets an empty list of lights when hass starts. Im thinking about how I could handle it in the integration but it is no real priority to fix

2 Likes

Honestly… it should be a priority. It cost me endless hours to find this out. And yet I have to find a solution…

2 Likes

bump… please?

Same issues, some news?

I have a similar issues have recent HA updates. Device refresh service does nothing. Been struggling since yesterday, no luck. All my Conbee II devices show unavailable, but HA is seeing devices if added or removed.

Logger: pydeconz.websocket
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pydeconz/websocket.py:92
First occurred: 4:10:39 PM (61 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:25:39 PM

Unexpected error [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer