deCONZ - Official thread

Thanks for your reply.

Everything is available in Home Assistant and Phoscon when I’m connect to local network via mobile phone, pe.

When I connect to HA from outside my netwokt pe, via Duckdns, I can’t see the state of my entities in HA, all be came unavailable.

thanks

Are you sure it is only the deconz zigbee devices that are unavailable?
I don’t think your problem is related to deCONZ. I cannot see how it would be. The javascript running in your browser get the states from Home Assistant. Are you sure you are not just seeing the HA UI in browser cache and in reality have no connection at all?

Hi @KennethLavrsen

Yes, only my zigbee devices connect via deConz are unavailabale.

I can see and manage other entities connect by wifi (like my shelly).

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me out. I’m running HA in docker and Deconz installed as addon (docker img)
I’m trying to use the ‘node-red-contrib-deconz’ but i can’t figure out how to connect to the server.

I’ve tried to use the LAN ip of the machine running the docker, the docker IP of Home Assistant, the IP of the Deconz docker… i’ve tried ‘core-deconz’ as IP, but all i get is this;

That is a very strange problem you have. I have no clue. I see my zigbee device both with a normal open port through my router (with reverse proxy for the SSL layer) and I use Wireguard. I have never seen anything like you describe

I decided to make a reference topic that we can link to when people ask common connectivity problems here. I hope it is of good use. I spent a few hours on it

1 Like

Hi all
I am trying to move HA from raspberry to a intel nuc mini p, with ubuntu 18.4
I uploaded a snapshot from raspberry to the new nuc HA. but I have problem to make deconz available.
I no longer see the integration and I am not able to login in phoscon app.
When I am trying to add the integration to new HA it asks me to connect to gateway (which I can’t) and says that ““Couldn’t get an API key””
What can I do?

I assume you use the addon, if so try to delete it and reinstall it.

Thanks, after the reinstall it did found it. My problem now is that I have to set up all my sensors because they are lost. I think I before few weeks I had taken a backup but don’t know where it is. Do you know how they are saved (eg .xls) and where? Again if I remember correct I download it but I am not sure.

EDIT:
I found the back file, but when I restore it although all my sensors where there, they were grayed and unailable. Is there a way to “refresh” them somehow?
There are all over the house and ideally I would like to avoid set them up ono by one

Unavailable where? That is key information.

Are they available and active in the Phoscon app? Then the issue is that the Home Assistant integration has not pulled them in. I assume the backup you restored is a Phoscon backup file restored back in the Phoscon app.

If it is in Home Assistant the items are not available then the question again is where?

Is it your old Lovelace cards that show them gray? Or are they not available when you look at the device list in the deCONZ integration? Or worse, they are all there duplicated with the old ones broken and new ones working with entities called …_2
In that case remove the Integration (not the addon) and add it again. These deletes all deCONZ devices and entities both old and new. It may be a good idea to restart Home Assistant between the removal and readding the integration.

Read the new Guide I posted yesterday.

1 Like

In Phoscon i have 1 entity i dont use anymore, its an Ikea USB range expander…
if i delete it, its gone, but if i browse then to another page, like sensor/light/switch, i always receive “bad gateway” …
then i need to restart the add-on … afterwards the usb range expander is back , but no bad gateway anymore then …

also the USB expander is not visible if i open the VNC…
i am just unable to delete it…

any tips?

EDIT: nm , seems the extra “light” in phoscon webapp, is the actual conbee usb stick … it was not the range expander… strange, the conbee stick was never there before , now it seems possible to rename it

I experienced some ikea strangeness last weekend. Bought a tradfri motion sensor and an E27 smart bulb… to be used about the house but not together as is usual with ikea kit. Tried for over 30 mins to pair the motion sensor, googled it tried all different ways but nothing. Anyway, I took a break from the motion sensor and attempted to pair the bulb… deconz picked it straight up and it worked great. Then I went back and tried pairing the motion sensor… worked first time, paired and worked as expected… strange.

Same here, its just appeared in the past week or so.

Seems it’s a Known issue, fixed in .75 just released

i am running now 2.05.75 , there is a new firmware out, but how to update? (conbee 1 )
in info page, there is this text below, but in phoscon, i dont see the “upgrade butto”?
i see there “firmware up to date”" …

New firmware version 0x26350500 for RaspBee I and ConBee I to improve route maintenance [#1261](https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/1261) [deCONZ_Rpi_0x26350500.bin.GCF](http://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz-firmware/deCONZ_Rpi_0x26350500.bin.GCF)

## Upgrading RaspBee and ConBee firmware

This add-on allows you to upgrade your firmware straight from the Phoscon
web interface with ease.

Go to "Settings -> Gateway" and click the upgrade button.

However, some USB sticks (like the Aeotec Z-Wave sticks), can interfere with
the upgrade process, causing the firmware upgrade to fail silently. If you end
up with the same firmware version as before you started the upgrade, consider
unplugging the other sticks and try again.

18:38:14:689 GW update firmware found: /usr/share/deCONZ/firmware/deCONZ_Rpi_0x26330500.bin.GCF
18:38:14:689 GW firmware version: 0x26330500
18:38:14:689 GW firmware version is up to date: 0x26330500

which is a wrong one. But thanks anyway

hi @KennethLavrsen,

Can you share your Wireguard configuration file?

To check with mine?

server:
  host: xxxxxx.duckdns.org
  addresses:
    - 192.168.xxx.xxx
  dns: []
peers:
  - name: hassio
    addresses:
    allowed_ips: []
    client_allowed_ips: []

I did update for the last version im using docker in a ubuntu server nuc and aving this issue what can I do to fix it!

How do I force a device to connect directly to the coordinator, as opposed to going through a router in between? I do have a strong signal between an eurotronic spirit zigbee TRV and the conbee 2 stick yet the radiator valve seems to prefer a connection via one of few zigbee lights. This ultimately leads to losing connectivity and getting unresponsive. Is there a way to force direct routing to the coordinator?

I have a similar problem.

You shut off those lights and then re pair the valves