deCONZ - Official thread

Same here - update went smooth, all devices are available.

after a day all that Ive managed to re-add either through power cyckle or re-pair are stiill working. my aqara inwall switches has not been able to come back online with a power cyckle though, will have to bring out the screwdriver

Update went smooth. No issues. no repairing

Hi again: after the update I have two new empty lightgroups RWL021 15 und RWL 021 11.
Does anybody know why and what they should do?

PS: they disappeared without having done anything.

I experience some issues with 6.12.0 and wonder how to roll back. If I press the restore button on the backup, will both the docker image and the configuration be rolled back to 6.11.1 or are there additional steps to perform?

Guys, how do you expose your deconz bridge to alexa?

Migrated from an pi with deconz where alexa found all my devices.
I am using hass.io official addon deconz and configured it properly.
Also port 80 & 8081 is exposed and activated in the config.
All lights, sensors … are online and working thought hue essentials app & phoscon.

Sadly, the addon doesn’t support upnp (also stated in the documentation) but alexa needs it.

So what piece i am missing here?

Also made an feature request: Deconz UPNP support for Alexa and other

thx

i had this also on my pi4b before i migrated to hass.io.
So no issue of the addon, rather it’s an deconz issue.
All those RWL groups are autocreated groups for the dimmer switches.

Also asked here: https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/phoscon-app-beta/issues/198#issuecomment-1036564146

You expose them through home assistant or you don’t run the add-on :slight_smile:

Thanks, already found hue_emulated and its working. I am new in the HA scene :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to your new main hobby :stuck_out_tongue:

:rofl: yeah comming from fhem, so HA looks easy peasy to me :rofl:

Another question.
After a reboot HA docker container got other internal 172 addresses and messed up the deconz integration!, sure i can edit the file like described here: Docker automatically allocated IPs getting messed up? - #22 by johnflorin
and put in the “core-deconz” in.

But like stated in the thead above, after update it’s got messed up again.

How do you handle this?

So nobody know?

Just open an terminal on HA an ping core-deconz. When you get an answer all is good.
Edit the 172 IP in the config file and replace it with core-deconz. Restart HA and you good to go.

Up until next Update!?

Are you running deconz as an addon or standalone?

As addon, set all up yesterday. All was working fine until the update today. The IP address of the container changed and HA core could not connect to the old one.

Anyone experiencing performance/stability issues with latest HA/deconz?
Symptoms that I’m facing since ~2 weeks, so I’m not sure if this is related to HA/OS/deconz, as all updates come more-less the same time:

• especially for deconz group lights turnigng/off/toggling fails with some error message displayed at the bottom of web interface ‘Failed service… somethig’ (never captured whole message, appears randomly and quite fast). Associated light do not react to comand send from webUI.
  • automations do not complete, e.g. motion sensor do not turn on/off the light (both on deconz). I guess this might be related to above. As far as I candiagnose sometimes it is on sensor side (not triggering for motion or lack of), or light (typical command send, HA thinks light reacted to command, but in reality light stae did not changed)
  • delays in command exectution upt o ~20 seconds… motion in specific area happens, but light turn on after loooong delay. Never had a chance to diagnose if this is sensor event ot light command or long HA processing time.
    In the log file I see lots of errors, I never encountered before:
2022-02-12 20:31:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error executing service: <ServiceCall light.turn_off (c:ad79298f4149644096f5ef488b2bd5ec): entity_id=['light.library_1', 'light.library_2', 'light.library_3'], params=>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/api.py", line 146, in request
    return await self._request("put", path=field, json=data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 141, in request
    return await self._request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 167, in _request
    _raise_on_error(response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 264, in _raise_on_error
    raise_error(data["error"])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/errors.py", line 59, in raise_error
    raise cls("{} {}".format(error["address"], error["description"]))
pydeconz.errors.BridgeBusy: /lights/11/state/on Internal error, 951

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/api.py", line 146, in request
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 141, in request
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 167, in _request
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/gateway.py", line 264, in _raise_on_error
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/errors.py", line 59, in raise_error

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1648, in catch_exceptions
    await coro_or_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1667, in _execute_service
    await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 204, in handle_service
    await self.hass.helpers.service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 668, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 930, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 705, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 513, in async_handle_light_off_service
    await light.async_turn_off(**filter_turn_off_params(light, params))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/deconz/light.py", line 247, in async_turn_off
    await self._device.set_state(**data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/light.py", line 241, in set_state
    return await self.request(field=f"{self.deconz_id}/state", data=data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/api.py", line 159, in request
    return await self.request(field, data, tries)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/api.py", line 159, in request
    return await self.request(field, data, tries)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pydeconz/api.py", line 162, in request
    raise BridgeBusy
pydeconz.errors.BridgeBusy

seems to indicate that there is something wrong with the Conbee II stick performance? Any idea of what is ahppening here?

That means there is some queueing or waiting going on in the bridge, there is a command queue of ~20 and this can be filled if you turn off all devices at the same time. Pydeconz does a retry per command that gets this error.

That would be strange, really. Good example of situation when I noticed problem quite regualarly is in the morning (~6:30AM, when I get up and it still dark), I move from badroom to hall and light does not turn on or does it with delay (single bulb, not much load). So for sure there was no prior action (beside motion detection in bedroom, that does not trigger any action, sensor is installed for safety only). So I’d not expect any large queue of events being processed… To me it seems more like system ‘waking up’ after extended (few hours) break. Next time I enter hall (just few minutes later) and no problem with proper automation execution. Until recent updates system had no issues with processing all of the normal activities at house, I do not generate so big number of events to be handled, perhaps one every few seconds in the peak (unless system itself is busy with all sensors updates or so, but I think it is rather up to sensor to trigger update).

That’s what the error suggests, next step would be to look at the logs on Deconz side, but I have very limited knowledge of that myself.

Is this addon using the websocket (where Events gets pushed from deconz) rather than polling the api?

Thx