deCONZ - Official thread

Thanks for a quick answer!

Just to make sure - is this also available for Hass.IO and easy to setup for an “average Joe” :wink:

Anybody with the problem that a motion sensor is “unavailable” in HA but works fine in the Phoscon app?

Either the sensor is reported as unavailable by deconz or the connection between Deconz and hass is lost. If you can control the device from Deconz and the connection to hass is working you should be able to control the device.

To understand what is haööening would be to enable debug for the component and see what is reported of the device

Is there a way to figure out which of both is the problem?

with “control” you mean see its status and trigger actions in hass, right?

Yes

Currently I only have two motion sensors.
I made another topic, which discribes the problem in detail an shows am summery of the debug log:

Problem solved for me, I don’t think I did anything to solve the issue (perhaps upgrade to 0.88.2?), nevertheless is gone. Everytime I restart the integration is there perfectly working

Well no change is in for deconz in 88.2 so something in your system changed

I can confirm that the problem went away for me too after update to 88.2. :roll_eyes:. Now custom_updater works.

That is probably due to improvements of custom updater that has improved its performance so deconz doesn’t timeout. :+1:t2:

It went away for me too until… this afternoon. Again same problem

Not really related specific to Deconz (I guess), but more to Conbee stick together with Deconz.

I’ve been using the combination pi3 and Conbee for quite some time and once the zigbee network stabilized, I’ve rarely have had issue with nodes becoming unavailable, I’ve got around 50 nodes in total, half of them lights and half sensors.

A few weeks ago I made the move to a nuc and after that I’ve having constant minor issue that nodes are becoming unavailable, they are unavailable for a day or less and them coming back as available again.

I can think of three changes that I’ve made during the same period

1. On the pi I only used an extension cable for the Conbee, not for my Z-wave stick, now on the nuc I’m using extensions for both, so the actual sticks are fairly close to eachother (~5 cm)
  2. The power from the nucs usbs are lower than from the pi and this is causing this behaviour.
  3. I’ve gone from 5 to 25 Plejd units (it’s a scandinavian wall dimmer that creates a bluetooth mesh) and now this mesh is interfeering with the zigbee mesh.

Any ideas here? What should I try to improve this? Earlier the zigbee network was 99% reliable, now I would estimate it to 50%, which is quite frustrating.

Have you tried changing the Zigbee channel?

Nope, I haven’t really started any trouble shooting yet.

What will happen when changing the channel (more than that the channel will change)? I.e will I have to pair all devices again etc?

I don’t think you need to pair them again.

I’ll give it a shot, currently running on 11 so I’m going for 25 (wifi 2.4 is on channel 1). Let’s see if there is a difference.

interference are from other Zigbee, other WiFi and … Bluietooth too, since its the same spectrum

Yeah, challenge is to try to do something about the BT interference since you don’t really have a control of the channel there. So I’m trying the channel change on Zigbee to see if it makes a difference. I’d rather not change the wifi, that I’ve coordinated between the neighbours to get as little interference as possible.

maybe a neighbour at the same time changed wifi channel or to a more powerful router …

Please note that routers with setting to USA have a much more powerful range/interference compared to EU settings (I personally put all my AP to USA Wifi and its much better for the signal, hope my brain will not fry though :smiley:).

If you have WiFI USA settings and live in a not so big environment you can put it to EU settings (even if you live in USA), that should help

One thing I needed to do moving from rpi to computer was to add an USB extension cord.

Other things good to optimize is your selection of channel for wifi and zigbee. There are simple guides for that.

Pöejd is Bluetooth which is the same frequency band as wifi and zigbee but uses much narrower channels I think so I wonder if that affects zigbee