deCONZ - Official thread

Nothing was lost in sense that I still saw all my devices in Phoscon software, but they all were just grey (couldn’t do anything to those). And I waited for several hours and things didn’t change. Restarting Home Assistant did not help either, I even unplugged ConBee from USB port and then plugged it back, but it didn’t help.

Well, I think I hit that 0.001% chance then :slight_smile: as I couldn’t connect them.

Yes, I think that as well. Except I don’t think power switched off and on six times in a row, but few times yes. But I think I will have to buy another zigbee bulb, maybe from Philips etc, just to see if this happens again, if my Philips behaves differently than Trådfri.

I have two big ups cases in my home. Providing enough power to my whole network, zigbee 2x and my z-wave. In case of power loss the system turns off most of the lights and non critical hardware. The rest can stay on for a couple of hours.

Does anyone have the Xiaomi lumi.relay.c2acn01 energy meter working. It used to work when I just got it before the summer. I guess after an update it stopped working but I’m not so sure.

I have found that to get my zigbee network functional after a power loss I must restart the host, let everything boot, and then restart the server.

I have seen this in a few rare cases
I run deCONZ on bare metal on same machine as I run Home Assistant Supervised.
If HA comes up and tried to connect to deCONZ before deCONZ is fully up running, then I have to restart Home Assistant to make it pick up deCONZ. I wonder if there is a command way to retrigger that, which could be made in an automation.
Another solution that I considered was to change the systemctl file for docker so it does not start until the deCONZ service has stared
I actually had to manually change the deCONZ systemctl file to wait for the network because in rare cases I saw a race condition between the two.

I do not think this is a deCONZ rest issue. It is the deCONZ integration that seems to lack a feature to wait and try again when failing to start. Or maybe it does but we are just too impatient to wait???

HA add-on just received an update: 6.3.0 * Bump deCONZ to 2.05.81.

I see my Konke motion sensor en Muller remote are now in the GUI. I expected the Sonoff pir motion sensors ( SNZB-03) would also work now, but I still can’t get them to pair unfortunately. Anyone knows what the status is of support of that sensor?

is now the firmware update fixed?

because on this page :

i see 2 lines :

The firmware needs to be installed manually.

and

so what is it? do we still need manual or is it fixed?

i tried it and was finally able to update to : 26350500 with this add-on , i also see now this one as available : 0x26370500 for conbee 1 , but not sure what it fixes, i dont see firmware release notes for that version

1 Like

Looks like it’s a confusing device with different models. Too bad, looks like we have to wait still.

Given that the different models are MS01, MSO1, or ms01 it looks like someone at itead has trouble telling apart a 0 and an O, lol

Facepalm…

Do you know where you can find the model numbers? I tried with deCONZ VNC, but didn’t see anything.

edit: found it, I have two sensors, both ms01

Something strange happened to my DeCONZ setup, which may or may not have started with the 0.115.2 update (from 0.114.x). At least I noticed it after the update.

I have the ConBee II setup with the DeCONZ addon. I’m not using the integration, since it proved impossible to setup (cost me a week of my life).
With that I’m using one Aqara vibration sensor. I’ve added it to Lovelace and I’m accessing it in Node Red using the generic entity nodes.
This was working, but not anymore. The card in Lovelace keeps saying “unavailable” and the entity nodes in NR aren’t getting any events.
However, in Phoscon the sensor is reacting and showing detected vibration.

I don’t see anything strange in the DeCONZ log, except for these lines:

13:14:39:469 0x00158D000313025D: 0x0101/0x0505: vibration strength: 2
13:14:39:472 no button handler for: lumi.vibration.aq1 ep: 0x01 cl: 0x0101 cmd: 0x0A pl[0]: 0x05

That “no button handler” sounds suspicious, but may of course be unrelated.

To summarize: events from the sensor are getting through to DeCONZ, but never seem to reach HA.

Any idea what could be the problem? Any help would highly appreciated.

The button handler is what translates zigbee signals to the rest api which hass relies on

Ah, right. Next question is: it obviously used to be there, because it used to work, so how did it go missing? And more importantly: how do I get it back?

No idea. Sorry

I have an Aqara vibration sensor and it works as usual in 0.115.2 and deconz 6.3.0. I am using the integration.

Good to know it should be able to work on 0.115.2. What’s weird though is that my DeCONZ add-on is on version 6.2.3, but I haven’t seen an update notice.

Due to the reported issues in the past, I’m still on deConz 5.3.4.
Now I’m wondering, if an update to 6.3.0 is safe and works under 114.4 or 115.2.
I read in the change logs, that there were improvements implemented in 2.5.81 for the nework handling which could be interesting for me as I permanently have some intermediate connection losts of certain bulbs.
I have 40 devices: Hue, tint and innr bulbs as well as innr and osram switches.

can anybody recommend an update?

I updated yesterday two instances with around 140 devices all together. Seems to work ok for me. I am on NUC image, 0.115.2 and conbee1 and conbee2.

1 Like