deCONZ - Official thread

yeah, running with no issues here on 6.3.0 , and 115.2

i hope the random stop is now fixed (without watchdog)

1 Like

Also updated and seems to be more stable than previous version… though I did not yet updated firmware on Conbee II, which apparently should go along and should also help stabilize network.

Thanks to all. I will give it a try after having updated to 115.3

I also did not update Conbee 2 firmware. I am a bit confused should I or not. I know there is a newer version but Phoscon says it is OK. And yes I have earlier updated the stick under windows - but still a question mark here.

I just put up a new PR to allow disabling of automatic adding of new devices into HASS from deCONZ; https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/40545

1 Like

My add-on container stopped again , twice in a row… This with 6.3.0… how to investigate this to know the root cause?

Mine did you too with newest updates.
And neither addon restart or HA restart helped. Only plug and unplug conbee helped

About an hour ago? For me it helps just starting the container, I do it with an automation now, when it’s stopped…

Seems the issue when the container stopped is on the same hour for a lot of users at same time

how can I find the correct ip address (for the hassio integration page) to pair the conbee II stick with homeassistant? phoscon app is showing 172.30.33.6, but when I enter this ip with port 80 on the deconz integration page, and hit “authenticate app”, I only get the error: “Couldn’t get an API key”.what could I do?

and more important: why does the stick get a 172.* ip, while all of my devices are on the local 192.168.178.x network?

what I can also add: a GET query to https://phoscon.de/discover returns an empty json: []

I have the exact same question on a nuc running hass.io.

Hi there. edwinek
Could you tell me where to find the DeCONZ log . I am running hassio on a rasberry pi 4.
Cheers

I ended up to update the firmware also. Seems to work also without any issues.

You can open deCONZ in the Supervisor, then select Log at the top (4th item/tab).
It should be [your site]:8123/hassio/addon/core_deconz/logs

Well, I guess HA and Zigbee is a no-go for me.

My Z-Wave controller was just a question of plugging it in and installing an integration. It’s been working flawlessly ever since.

It took me over a week to get the ConBee II working with one vibration sensor (without the integration, that was just hopeless). Then something happened (no idea what) and it stopped working again.

Since there seemed to be no quick solution, I uninstalled everything and tried to start over, but now when I start deCONZ and click Phoscon, things go wrong again.
After selecting the gateway, it asks for a password (how? I uninstalled everything…), my old password doesn’t work.
In order to reset the password I have to restart the gateway, after which I have 10 minutes to reset the password.
Restarting the add-on itself takes 8 minutes. Then searching for gateways takes at least 10 minutes, fat chance of resetting my password.

Just now I looked again, and suddenly I don’t need to enter a password at all. What’s wrong with this thing? Does anyone have it running reliably?
By the way, pairing the vibration sensor only worked once. It’s not working anymore, I tried numerous times, reset the sensor multiple times, etc. Everything with the sensor less that a foot from the ConBee.

I’m running HA 0.115.2 on a Raspberry Pi 4 8Gb. The vibration sensor is by Aqara.

Yeah, works great for me. Perfectly stable for close to a year (aside from the crash issue I posted about before, but it only happened twice and is back to normal now).
I have none of the problems you are describing. I plugged it in, and it worked right away with the deCONZ add-on.

Unfortunately I cant help with any of the problems you’re having, but that’s a completely foreign experience from how’s it worked for me.

Am I the only one who is not happy with the fact that the Conbee stick gets its updates automatically without the ability to update manually? I have 40+ lights, sensors and switches connected to the stick. It is important to have a solid operation day in and out. If it’s running solid for me, I do not want to update. There where updates pushed automatically that introduced issues in the past. I don’t want that. I really would like to see the ability to choose whether I want to update or not.

Assuming you use the add-on, make sure you set auto update to false in the add-on settings.
That way you can manually update when in if you want to.

I am aware of that, but that is for the add-on. I was talking about the auto updates for the stick itself.

do you mean firmware updates?
or where it says version, as the addon updates the version when a new update is released

The firmware of the stick has never updated automatically for me. In fact I can’t even update it in the Conbee app as part from the addon, but need to do that from my Windows PC.
I know the same goes for a lot of users.
You do use the addon? Has this changed in the latest update maybe?

1 Like