deCONZ - Official thread

1. Because the integration doesn’t listen to signals of name change. I didn’t see it as an important thing and I didn’t want false triggers from deconz_events. Most aspects of HASS at that point in time required a restart anyway so there was little value in spending time on it.

2. You can, use the configure service and just specify according to the rest api documentation the parameters needed to trigger a join request.

3. Probably because there are no signals for them then. The integration handles add signals the same for all types if deCONZ just send them out. But up until recently at least lights wasn’t signalled properly so it wasn’t possible to auto add. If you’re running the latest release of deCONZ you should have it I think.

Thanks for the awesome answers Robban.

Are we able to ask for a feature enhancement then?

1. As HA doesn’t display the MAC address for the Deconz device, it is very difficult to marry the entity in HA to the Deconz entity without them being the same name. Could this be added to HA add-on?
  2. Could this be added into Deconz, it would close parity of integration with ZHA?
  3. When you say the latest version do you mean the beta or the stable 2.05.81? As with that one I am not getting any auto adds. And Phoscon refuses to add things. I have two identical door sensors, one added the second will not no matter what I do :slight_smile: :crazy_face:
  1. With 0.116 I have introduced a new option to integration that doesn’t auto add devices in order for you to name them properly in deconz first. Then you can use the device refresh service to load the new devices into home assistant. I am not affiliated with the development of the add-on.
  2. You can do that right now with a script, no need to wait.
  3. If they don’t auto add use the device refresh service, see point 1

Thanks again

Is there an easy way to change names in Deconz or do I need to use a REST client?

Is there an example script you can point me to please? I’m a telecommunications architect so technical but not a programmer :slight_smile:

Use Phoscon

There is an exact example in the documentation on how to do this https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/deconz/#service-deconzconfigure

1 Like

Thanks Robban

Thanks for the message, however please read the Thread. The whole point is that Phoscon is broken.

someone i know, just purchased an conbee 2 , added an ikea bulp, its visible in VNC, but not visible in phoscon it seems, is this the issue we are talking about?

All lights should be visible in Phoscon AFAIK

yeah, seems its fixed for him now, he updated the firmware and restarted addon, started pairing process again, seems fixed now

I look forward to the 0.116 enhancement so devices do not need to become auto added. It is as you mention an annoyance today that HA picks up the autogenerated name from Deconz the minute it is paired. The way Phoscon works you first pair the device and it gets a default name. And then you rename it. The rename is never transferred to HA (except for events).

It may be important to emphasize that deCONZ is not a HA project. It is a product in itself made to be stand alone and Dresden Elektronik also supports their devices and the rest API for OpenHAB and others. It is important to maintain that you add devices in deCONZ/Phoscon and name them there. Someone suggested that we try to push name changes from HA to deCONZ. I think that will be a nightmare. It needs to be a one way

@Robban any hope that we can remove devices from the deCONZ integration without hacking JSON files?

I’ve introduced a service which can be called to clean up orphan entries from both entity and device registry. It is also part of 0.116 release

So all I need to do is remove the device from Phoscon and restart Home Assistant once we have 0.116?

In theory yes :crazy_face:

1 Like

I have a number of devices like this yes.

Will it remove items that are in Deconz and HA but not in Phoscon as we can’t get Phoscon to add the device?

Yes and I want my source of truth to be HA.

Phoscon is a mess I just want HA to talk to Deconz.

You can do anything with deconz using the configure service, just have a look at deconz rest api

Yes thank Robban, I was addressing what Kenneth said, you have given me a lot of help and insight in the last couple of days.

And there is new firmware out again for the Conbee II, so hopefully this will assist with the issues I have been seeing.

I would hope someday we might see a GUI in HA to do it :slight_smile:

@makai That is not what I asked for at all.

What I said was HA talk direct to Deconz, not Phoscon.

p.s. Like autogomagic new firmware version for Conbee II flashed to device and reboot NUC, I can add devices to the network again :slight_smile: :crazy_face:

1 Like