deCONZ - Official thread

Thank you.
is this the right approach to update the firmware? Update deCONZ manually · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Wiki (github.com)

I learned a lot in the past but I think that this is too complicated for me. It starts with the question which version I have to download.

PS: I found another manual: How to update ConBee/ConBee II firmware in Windows 10 - Flemming’s Blog (flemmingss.com)
This seems to be managable

I used the guide from the first link, but the second is a better way of describing it and should achieve the same result.

1 Like

Did that, got all my lost sensors and switches back – made my day :slight_smile: Thanks

1 Like

I am on 26720700 firmware which seems to be the correct firmware.
Anyone else that had stability issues and had to roll back from 6.11.1 to 6.10 - did anyone logged an official issue log on that?

Last time checked on github, there was any issue mentionning the stability issue. (https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues)
Since my rollback, I observe that deconz GUI don’t report anymore link to all my connected devices. In another hand, I don’t have any issues with 6.10 in term of deconnection or devices not reachable. Everything is working fine except what I mention about GUI.

I am running 26720700 firmware and 6.11.1 since several weeks (updated some days after the dependency issue in 6.11 was fixed) and have no problems at all. The only difference is the colour of links in deCONZ (the color is shifted more to yellow but checking the link quality based on numbers it is more or less the same as before).
All devices reachable, fast response times, rock stable. I know this does not help really in fixing all the issues but just wanted to say it does not seem to be a general software issue, depends more on the environment I’d say.

Good to hear! What devices do you have? I have aqara ( tempsensors, inwall switches, wireless buttons), Ikea lights, Ikea repeaters and hue remotes

I have a mixture of Osram bulbs and plugs, Hue remotes, Hue Wall switches, Hue plugs, all kinds of Hue bulbs and several indoor and outdoor Hue light strips.

One more thing that comes from experience that I had on my previous Zigbee network: check firmware of your plugs and bulbs.
I had in the past quite bad experience when my bulbs had old firmware. Updating all (especially) router devices to latest release had significant impact on network stability.

Can someone explain, why there are no links between my nodes? Everything works really good and without issues, but tbh i miss the links between the nodes. This is how it looks:

As routers I have osram bulbs and plugs, Heiman plugs, INNR bulbs, LIDL plugs, Ikea lights, and in-wall SofOff ZBMINI + many aqara sensors as battery devices
I am afraid to update to 6.11.1, last time it was a nightmare and nothing made sense until I rolled back. In very rare occasions I have a sensor going offline with 6.10.
I have checked firmware and the osrams are up to date (the ones that can be upgraded via conbee).

1 Like

Are you upgrading your firmware via Deconz or via the respectable apps?

I ask this as I have Hue bulbs but have removed the Hue app and Hub since using Deconz

I am using Home assistant to update Deconz. Firmware I have updated last august when it was the last fiirmware update - did it via Windows machine, it stopped working from the addon long time ago…

Also talked with the guys on deconz discord no clear advice on what to do.
Does anyone run 6.11.1 with a large network and it is stable?

hey mate, how were you able to add the xfinity keypad to deconz ? i cant seem to get it tom work

yea its working great. what version of HA are you running? and what version of deconz?

Conbee I update on Windows and devices by respective apps - Osram cloud is not running since last summer so I don’t know whether they will still provide firmware updates. For Philips I once in a while (every 1-2 years) simply move devices shortly to Hue Bridge, let it update and move back. It is annoying but worth it - takes couple of hours when no-one is at home. Unstable network is worse than that. :slight_smile:

I’m running 6.11.1 with a network with 144 devices. I did have to upgrade the firmware (via Windows) to the latest version to be able to add devices again, and I did have a light group decide to spontaneously turn itself on at 2am in a toddler’s bedroom a couple of days ago. That was fun.

Otherwise, stability is fine; no devices have dropped, no latency etc.

thank you! Can you confirm your firmware version. Then I will make all backups and try it again over the weekend.

I’m using a Conbee II, firmware version 26720700.