deCONZ - Official thread

The other way around. The strategy is to provide more entities belonging to one device. Attributes are gonna be used a lot less in the future

1 Like

Ah okay sorry for misunderstanding. I have quite a few sensor, sensor_2 and sensor_3 devices which represent temperature, humidity and pressure and I would like to prevent manually renaming everything.

1 Like

some off my lights disapper from deconz, search for lights do bring it back. (no problem with sensor and switch) I can see them in HA.

how can it be fixed ?

Hi all,
I am with version 6.14.2 in home assistant 2022.6.7 (conbeeII - nuc - ubuntu 18.04 lts)
I think I have to update the deconz addon at least for 6 months. Back then I saw that there were some problems with the updates and I decided to stay with what is working. At least for now everything is working fine and I don’t really need to update for any particular reason.
However I prefer to have the latest versions, if they are trouble free. So my question is do you think it is ok to procced with the update or it would be better to stay as I stand now? Are the latest version more stable?

Hi, I’m exactly in the same boat.
My basic solution is to wait always for the latest version of a month.
So my update takes place in every last week of a month.
And in this context, I update the addons as well.
First the addons and then the ha core.

Components are a different story. As they in most times fixing bugs with their updates, I execute them more often but I always wait at least a week in order to avoid bugs resulting out of the sometimes quick changes in code.

1 Like

I do alot of refactoring of deconz integration right now but also communicate the changes catching any issue during the beta. Only a few issues so far and I don’t think I have any breaking changes planned. I will need to change the unique id structure though to make scalability better which might have unexpected outcomes, I’ve already done it for binary sensors without any reported issue so that makes me think it won’t be a big deal.

Only breaking api change from Deconz have been how air quality sensor works now that support for ikea air purifier support has been added but that has been resolved with 2022.7 .1/.2/.3 releases.

Keep communicating and we’ll keep stuff working :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agree. Your communication is really outstanding.
And by the way, I already updated obviously without issues :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your positive feedback :heart:

Latest DSM update on Synology breaks Deconz all of a sudden. I’ve always updated to latest versions, but now all of a sudden the Deconz Add on in Ha (running on a virtual machine on a synology nas) refuses to find the right usb port. This all happened after a restart and the updated to the latest dsm version that came available today. Waht am I doing wrong? Or was it the update? I tried everything by now. Everything is on the latest software/firmware and was running smoothly yesterday evening.

Nevermind, fixed. VM lost usb connection upon restart after DSM update. Re-establishing the link between usb and vm in vm manager fixed the problem.

Hello all!

Another month comes with another release log on Phoscon forum for the HA deCONZ integration

As the beta has been cut I wanted to share what will be released with Home Assistant 2022.8.0

With this release all controls have been moved over to being interface controls as part of the refactorization. If you notice any change in behaviour controlling the platforms mentioned below it might be related. Sensor unique IDs needs to be migrated and once change in how update callbacks are completed I think the integration is ready to expand with more entities and moving attributes to their own entities etc.

As Im trying to make all data in devices more deterministic and typed you might see new warning messages in the log similar to [pydeconz.models.light.light] Unexpected light effect please report it. This is a result of tightening up how pre-determined strings from deCONZ are handled and there might cases which I’ve missed.

1 Like

Hi, i’ve updated to 2022.8.0b1, and i see the following message:

Logger: pydeconz.models.light.light
Source: components/deconz/light.py:162
First occurred: 23:47:30 (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 23:47:30

Unexpected light effect type None

So far, i don’t notice any functional impact.

Thanks! I’ll look into it. Could you pm me a debug log?

Sure. I’ll send you in a minute. I now also get the folllowing warning by the way:

Source: components/deconz/light.py:169
First occurred: 10:25:10 (7 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:41:05

Unexpected light color mode None

1 Like

Raspberry Pi 4 4GB + SSD, HAOS + latest updates,
ConBee 2 dongle, version info from HA → deCONZ → Gateway: 2.17.01 / 01/07/2022,Firmware 26720700

Why is it that from advanced settings if I set the gateway Timezone, it does not stick, but resets itself after restart to ETC/UTC?

Same here. I noticed some weeks ago but I was thinking that maybe was an error on my configurations

Hi mekanics,

Did you also set the correct time zone with:
https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/configuration.html
Don’t know for sure if it helps but it might :grin:

Best regards,
Raymond

I got 2 warings:

Source: components/deconz/light.py:169
First occurred: 09:18:02 (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:18:49

Unexpected light color mode None

Source: components/deconz/light.py:162
First occurred: 08:21:18 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:21:18

Unexpected light effect type 1

Enable debugging as shown in integration documentation and PM debug logs to me?

1 Like

did you found any solution for this? I get this as well