I’m using

Home Assistant 2022.10.0
Supervisor 2022.09.1
Operating System 9.0
Frontend 20221005.0 - latest

and am now getting this error with my deconz after recent updates:

07:35:10:280 SC state change failed: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:23-02-0402
[06:35:12] INFO: Service restart after closing
[07:35:12] INFO: Starting VNC server (local/yes)...
[06:35:12] WARNING: Halt add-on
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: stopping
In exit
Closing socket listening at 127.0.0.1:5901
2022/10/06 07:35:12 [notice] 124#124: signal 15 (SIGTERM) received from 117, exiting
2022/10/06 07:35:12 [notice] 723#723: exiting
2022/10/06 07:35:12 [notice] 723#723: exit
2022/10/06 07:35:12 [notice] 124#124: signal 17 (SIGCHLD) received from 723
2022/10/06 07:35:12 [notice] 124#124: worker process 723 exited with code 0
2022/10/06 07:35:12 [notice] 124#124: exit
s6-svwait: fatal: supervisor died
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: stopping
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: stopping
[06:35:12] INFO: Service restart after closing
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully stopped

so now no lights work in the house the deconz service just dies and stops and not sure how to fix it?

Is it me or has Deconz been unstable and a bit more buggy over the last few months?

I’m getting some oddities with my Ikea lighting.

If I try to change both temperature and brightness at the same time, only one of them will change. If I tap the lovelace button (that has the service call) again, the second change takes place.

I am also getting this error:

Logger: pydeconz.models.light.light
Source: components/deconz/light.py:167
First occurred: 07:29:41 (62 occurrences)
Last logged: 07:43:38

Unexpected light color mode 2

Ant ideas why this would be?

That’s weird yes, but normal for Ikea bulbs. You need to apply brightness and temperature separetely.

Wish I’d known that before I invested so heavily in them :sob:

Any idea if there is a hacky way around this problem? It’s going to be a real pain to have to create seperate nodes for EVERY automation / scene where there is brighnesss and temperature.

Can you create an issue on GitHub with debug logs from hass startup? I have a PM ongoing with another user which hasn’t yet shared full logs

Am I assuming that the github is this one?

Re the logs - which ones are we talking about here? How do I get them?

No hass core github

More generally, I think some of this problem arises from the way we think about automations. We think the machine understand us when we say: “turn the light on”. What we actually mean is: “I want the light to be on from this moment until I state otherwise”. Now the machine (home-assistant) obediently turns on the light just as we command, but doesn’t care if it actually happens or if it is reversed a few seconds later. I don’t know what is the solution to this - I only see the problem. I wish home-assistant somehow made sure what we ask for actually happens…

There’s no generic solution to this… what if you switched off the light yourself using the wall switch? Then you have done “until I state otherwise”, you just didn’t use Home Assistant to change its state. Should Home Assistant turn it back on again?

You can program this kind of behaviour yourself by introducing a wanted_state helper variable. Then you can keep trying to change the state of the light until its state equals your wanted_state.

Hi everyone

Whats is my issue?
I want to add (or force add) an in-wall power metering switch to work with deCONZ

• The device can be paired with my Conbee 2 stick in Phoscon-GW as;
    Vendor: “_TZ3000_xkap8wtb”
    Model: TS0001

In Home Assistant it shows up as as an on/off light, like this;

In deCONZ the device looks like this under “0B04 Electrical measurement”;

DDF editor shows this;

But, Consumption, Current and Power was NOT initially present under “Device”, these I have have dragged there in an earlier attempt to try to enable the device to report these values.

I am trying to follow or understand if this wiki can help me out;

But I’m not even sure if I am able to hack together a working profile for this device.

Could someone help me out here and answer the question if that even is possible?

Best regards
Kaherdin

I’ve exactly the same problem and I thought that must be the new deconz update. But no, only few IKEA bulbs gets updates … 117C-2101-23094631.zigbee

takes forever or loop

2022-10-08 23_33_43-deCONZ – Home Assistant

In a desperate move to try to “force” the device to update, I changed the DDF inside deCONZ from the original “on/off light” to “Smart plug”. I also added “current”, “voltage” and “power” under “DDF states”;

After the changes, i pressed “hot reload” in the menu. This immediately propagated its way to Phoscon, and inside Phoscon, in Help\API\Lights\ select the device in question, I now see the states reported, in WEBSOCKET;

Home Assistant addon\deCONZ\Phoscon\Help\API\Lights\ select the device in question, WEBSOCKET;

},
    "07:00:45:955": {
        "e": "changed",
        "id": "23",
        "r": "lights",
        "state": {
            "alert": "none",
            "consumption": 0,
            "consumption_2": 0,
            "current": 0,
            "lastupdated": "2022-10-09T05:01:07.713",
            "on": true,
            "power": 0,
            "reachable": true,
            "voltage": 231
        },
        "t": "event",
        "uniqueid": "a4:c1:38:0d:3f:5c:df:4b-01"
    },
    "07:00:46:7": {
        "e": "changed",
        "id": "23",
        "r": "lights",
            "consumption": 0,
            "consumption_2": 0,
            "current": 0,
            "lastupdated": "2022-10-09T05:01:07.770",
            "power": 0,
            "reachable": true,
            "voltage": 231
        },
        "t": "event",
    },

But in REST API in the same view the states are not listed;

{
    "etag": "3623aed7ce20b77197cfc9ca55f51083",
    "hascolor": false,
    "lastannounced": "2022-10-09T05:26:42Z",
    "lastseen": "2022-10-09T05:31Z",
    "manufacturername": "_TZ3000_xkap8wtb",
    "modelid": "TS0001",
    "name": "001_test",
        "reachable": false
    },
    "swversion": null,
    "type": "Smart plug",
}

The states are not listed here…

But still not a single new entity or sensor inside Home Assistant.
Any ideas? Anyone?

I ended up with disbling OTA completely. All my devices are naw back fully operation, responsive and stopped disappearing from the network. Awaiting next stable deconz release, hopefully fix will be included.

Simply disable the OTA plugin?

Yes, but I did it in 2 places; in deconz to disable plugin and/or OTA update panel as well as in phoscon (Gateway>Advanced>Activate OTA). I think the latter is what really matters. Otherwise if you restart HA, OTA will become active again.

Same here with 2 other IKEA bulbs.
It keeps updating and starts over and over again. After some time it stops.

I have the same color mode error - been there for weeks now… starting to get fatigue on DeConz after august/sept HA where my house suddenly did not work at all. Now this error… Dare not update HA anymore now that things ar more os less stable

1. Can I move to other Zigbee software and keep my network?
  2. What is the best software for Conbee II?

There was a change related to color mode and lights which was communicated from the core devs to the integration developers.

But not really communicated to normal users

@robban there are several people reporting issues for which color mode is the common thing. They can’t all be idiots.

Is there a problem in the integration related to LightEntity no longer supports white_value | Home Assistant Developer Docs

Or is there something the end users have to do differently that has not been well communicated to us?

Investigating a little further: Error turns up when I change any temperature or brightness, in the Phoscon app in HA

The integration doesn’t control the white value at all so that shouldn’t be related