deCONZ - Official thread

It is a horrible that so many Home Assistant bugs are closed by an aggresive bot. I can understand the concept but people need time to react to the emails.

It is setup way too aggresive. You miss one day and the bug is closed. And the devs never open then again. You have to open a new duplicate bugs. I have mostly stopped reporting bugs because I am insulted by seeing plain logic easy to reproduce bugs ignorred up to a year having to reset the bot maybe 10 times.

That was the rant. Now to end user advice.

I have never seen this issue but I also 100 % use native events. When the device triggers were introduced with their cryptic long random hex numbers I dismissed that feature as impossible to use when you make automations in yaml. And devices get replaced because the hardware breaks or you get something better. With the events the name follows the name you give the device in Phoscon. So when you replace a device you just give it the same name and all automations work as they used to. If you use the device trigger the ID change and you have to repair all the automations that use it. I really do not like that concept. So I recommend using plain events. And they seems to work perfectly.

1 Like

Just an update, when checked the issue discussions, seems to be that reloading automations helps.

I restart my HAs and routers (4 routers in a mesh) automatically every morning to avoid stability issues typical for consumer grade stuff.

I just added an automation which calls service automation.reload soon after the restart.

Correct me if I’m wrong but if a device is in gold status and listed under supported devices, I should be able to add said device in the phoscon app, right?

I have a sensor that will not add for the life of me. Does the HA Addon need to be bumped to a newer version or is it supposed to get the device’s information from the REST API?

https://dresden-elektronik.github.io/deconz-rest-doc/devices/tuya/_TZ3000_n2egfsli_door_sensor/

Looking at github it seems to be added in the last few days so the addon usually updates once deconz stable is released so you will have to wait for that. Which should be shortly

1 Like

That’s pretty much what I had assumed by bumping the version. That makes sense, thanks!

1 Like

:sob:- A cry for help with zigbee mini switch
Could someone more competent than me please help me out with a question in this thread here?
:pleading_face: :pray:

If you are in deconz, try to press the read button and see if reading occur.

In deCONZ, I have pressed the “read” button everywhere, and it looks like it updates. But sadly it does not seem to report power consumption.
Thanks anyway :frowning_face:

Use the device, put some load on it and read again.
Use debug in deconz and RTFM :wink:

My aqaras like deconz, no issue at all but it’s good to test z2m as alternative ( with deconz dongle, it works too).

My experience is different, everything was fine till I need to move the dongle to the upper floor and starting to have issues. … now I don’t have anymore issues because the network learn the weakness points. Also I use 3 repeaters and some electrified endpoints acting also as repeater.

Hi, my hue dimmer switches doresn’t work anymore as usual.
I have this weird picture in phoscon:
I only can add specific lights here:

But the normal way doesn’t work
which means a press doesn’t have any effect.

What’s wrong?

PS: unfortunately I cannot catch the events (1000, 1001 etc.) as well.
Bad luck

PS: ok found it. It’s a bug and should be solved in 6.16.1

Hi there,
Any update how to solve this issue? I do have same troubles with my system. Access through HA App works but not directly on the PC, thanks

Recently I’ve noticed very strange behavior of my Zigbee network:

• status of entities was not properly reflected between HA and deconz (mostly lights being reported as turned on, while they were not, changing status in HA worked for a while, after few seconds it reverted to wrong one)
  • random devices disappearing from zigbee network, requireing either repairing or at least restart of HA or deconz
  • huge delays (from few seconds to minutes) between action being triggered and actually performed
  • random lights turning on/off by itself

I made some investigations over past days with no real success… whatever I did it was fixing problem for short period of time (few hours max). But then I checked stus of OTA in deconz… and voila! there was package of firmware updates from 22 and 24 of September from IKEA that was loaded to devices by deconz. As I have 40+ blulbs +10 switches and sensors from IKEA, that was putting huge workload on my Zigbee network making it unstable/unresponsive. Most of actions I took to stabilize situation was disrupting update process, but after a while it started again. So mistery was sort of resolved.
But then I noticed something that is worrying me. Updates seems to run in endless loop on some devices. For example I see now one E27 1000 lm Opal bulb and 1 GU 10 W 400 lm bulb having firmware uploaded over and over again… Since the morning probably something like 10 times already. For some devices it finally ended with success (no more retries), but for others I’ve seen similar situation. What is causing this? Now I have only these 2 bulbs yet to be updated and network seems to be relatively responsive. When mentioned instabilities occured something between 7 and 10 devices were updated simultanously. Any idea how to make this process more reliable/disruptive?

I have the same issue :frowning:

Same issue, any info?

Same issue awaiting resolution,

Good to see there is fix for this annoying issue… but when will see this integratated into HA integration? Any chance for 2022.10?

Do you mean the addon? The integration doesn’t do anything with OTA.

The addon is typically updated on new stable releases, to make sure it updates quicker once the new release with the fix is out you can probably create a issue on home assistant addons (something something) to notify about this.

Hello all!

Another month comes with another release log on Phoscon forum for the HA deCONZ integration

As I’ve got a lot of things going on all over my life I completely forgot to post the expected changes in synch with the Home Assistant 2022.9.0 beta…

Im managing a lot of technical debt with the UniFi integration, but I still try to do additional improvements with deCONZ as I get time.

The only change to deCONZ integration this release is provided by EmJay276

More things coming with next release!

Cheers!

/Robban

For feature requests of the integration post an issue at pydeconz github

1 Like