deCONZ - Official thread

Yes, deconz_event seems to be missing.

On another note: the deconz_event question I have is based on an issue I have on my system which I am trying to migrate from RPi to VM on Proxmox.

After restore of backup the add-on starts, can see the Conbee stick but I cannot access the Phoscon app - when I click on it nothing happens. Tried three different browsers, cleared cache but just nothing works. Even when I reinstall the Addon it is the same. deCONZ VNC access works just fine.

This was the basic trigger to migrate to external deCONZ, maybe some hints on this one? :slight_smile:

You shouldn’t see the deconz_event on the event page you should just subscribe to it, do you get state updates for your other entities?

Unfortunately not - I just type deconz_event in the listen to field, Start listening but nothing appears then (I am testing with Hue motion sensor). The state of the entity changes however.

Hue motion sensors does not produce any deconz_events, remotes and other peripheral devices do

Ah, that is new to me - one always learns something new :slight_smile:
I will look for some switch and test again. Thanks!!
BTW any ideas on why the Phoscon app is not opening even after fresh AddOn install on my other system? See deCONZ - Official thread - #3576 by jnc Or how to troubleshoot?

1 Like

Hue motion sensors does not produce any deconz_events, remotes and other peripheral devices do

I paired one wall switch now and indeed I see events coming. Thanks for the hint!

1 Like

Sorry, no I have no knowledge of the add-on as I’ve always run it standalone.

Awesome! Good job :slight_smile:

Thanks - looks like I will end up running standalone as well, this ingress thing is a little unpredictable.

Robban, being an expert on this I believe you know the answer: is there a way to backup the Conbee stick itself? Phoscon backup is one part of recovery scenario but what if the stick itself dies? As far as I know Phoscon backup does not contain network data. I am looking for a disaster recovery scenario that does not involve repairing of all devices.
I found in another forum that basically it should be enough to just write down (make screenshot) of Network settings via VNC and in case of migration to new stick just apply same network values to new coordinator. Is that correct?

Disclaimer that I’ve only read about this but not done it myself :slight_smile:

AFAIK there is nothing to backup of the hardware itself, the only specific thing of the stick is its ID, and that should be stored in deconz. You can replace an old stick with a new one and keep that ID so everything should continue working

1 Like

Home Assistant 2023.12.4
Supervisor 2023.12.0
Operating System 11.2
Frontend 20231208.2
deCONZ Add-on version 6.22.0 - Not updated last 4 months - (Version 2.22.2)

Is there a possibility to manually upgrade to latest stable version 2.24.2?

2 Likes

I guess anyone can make their own add-on and control what version it runs, but I’ve seen some chatter about there being some issues building the latest versions with the add-on and its being investigated.

I can only support what @Robban said.
I recently migrated from Addon to standalone and having deCONZ out of HA is definitely a good approach, I would not go back.

2 Likes

Ok, to be true, I feel a bit stupid. :pensive:

I know how to manually update the firmware of the Conbee II, latest FW is installed: 26780700
But how do I manually update deCONZ from v.2.22.2 to 2.24.2?

Don’t you know anybody. Development of official deCONZ plugin has been stopped? Last version was rollback, many months ago and it looks that it is not supported from manufacturer or not important now. Thanks you for your answer.

AFAIK the best people are investigating it

Can be, but what most frustrates me, is that there is no information/status update at all (or it can be I’m looking at the wrong places).
Does anyone here know the status of the update of the deCONZ add-on?

Deconz devs are currently investigating the add-on issue

1 Like