deCONZ - Official thread

You need to provide more information, what does the log (dev-info) say? I have 4 Xiaomi Temperature/Humidity sensors, they show battery attributes in dev-state and my template sensor shows the corresponding values.

So one thing that is definitely happening is that the time out occurs. So for some reason there is no response from deconz. In some cases there might be a change in IP but definitely not in all cases.

So I will look at improving exception handling and making time out configurable. Im busy for the next week but after that Im gonna start with this. With config entry options soon supported by front end it is gonna be easy to update the time out value

If someone is proficient enough to verify if increasing the time out will help you can go into pydeconz -> utils.py and change the timeout in async_request

1 Like

This points to the error. It is from a previous change from using an internal retry mechanism for deconz setup to using config entries retry exception. PR is up.

3 Likes

Great!!! Hope for a fast 0.88.2

It’s for 89. I can ask balloob if he can add it to.2 if one gets created

88.2 is already created I think.

Indeed, 88.2 is out, but no deconz fix in RLS notes?
Maybe for 89 then

I am just learning this Deconz environment and I have couple questions I have not found the answers:

• Is there an easy way to operate Phoscon WebUI securely out of your local network
  • Is there an easy way to operate this VNC-connection securely out of your local network
  • In ZHA network management tool you are able to reconfigure a device out of your local network
    • This is very helpful when device like a bulb loose its connection. Earlier I had to power off/on to get a connection back – now I can do it remotely using reconfigure feature
    • Is there a way to handle this with Deconz addon

Reason for the questions is that I am operating one system 200 kilometers away from home?

I use a VPN (piVPN on a pi3)

Thanks for a quick answer!

Just to make sure - is this also available for Hass.IO and easy to setup for an “average Joe” :wink:

Anybody with the problem that a motion sensor is “unavailable” in HA but works fine in the Phoscon app?

Either the sensor is reported as unavailable by deconz or the connection between Deconz and hass is lost. If you can control the device from Deconz and the connection to hass is working you should be able to control the device.

To understand what is haööening would be to enable debug for the component and see what is reported of the device

Is there a way to figure out which of both is the problem?

with “control” you mean see its status and trigger actions in hass, right?

Yes

Currently I only have two motion sensors.
I made another topic, which discribes the problem in detail an shows am summery of the debug log:

Problem solved for me, I don’t think I did anything to solve the issue (perhaps upgrade to 0.88.2?), nevertheless is gone. Everytime I restart the integration is there perfectly working

Well no change is in for deconz in 88.2 so something in your system changed

I can confirm that the problem went away for me too after update to 88.2. :roll_eyes:. Now custom_updater works.

That is probably due to improvements of custom updater that has improved its performance so deconz doesn’t timeout. :+1:t2:

It went away for me too until… this afternoon. Again same problem