deCONZ - Official thread

check the battery sensor and see the event that the switch generates, then in developer/events check deconz_event and put in “event to subscribe to” the text you found in the battery sensor. Start clicking the switch phisically, the event will be reported, now you can use those code in your script/automation

I read through that, but I have to admit that I did not understand half of it :frowning:

A lot of people get confused because they expect something different, but to me the docs seem very clear. If you know a way to make is better please let us know.

Take a look at what @Klagio wrote and the example automation in the docs.

1 Like

Thanks @Klagio, I could not figure out how to check “deconz_event” and put in the sensor text. But if I put “deconz_event” in “Event to subscribe to”, I now see the events of the button pushes. Like this:

{
    "event_type": "deconz_event",
    "data": {
        "id": "lumi_sensor_switch_4",
        "event": 1002
    },
    "origin": "REMOTE",
    "time_fired": "2019-03-12T13:14:16.828747+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "5bb7a3eb2b3c48558169938813333f0f",
        "user_id": null
    }
}

I made a test automation like this, and it works! :slight_smile:

- id: '99992'
  alias: Light test
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: deconz_event
    event_data:
      id: lumi_sensor_switch_4
      event: 1002
  action:
    service: light.toggle
    entity_id: light.globen

open HASS in the bottom left go to events (third from the left after services and state). Then on your right there is a list of events, click on deconz_event
Then at the bottom put lumi_sensor_switch_4

and start to use your phisical switch, every event will be reported

Sorry @sjee, there is probably absolutely nothing wrong with the docs, rather the person reading it. It seems they assume some knowledge, that I unfortunately do not have yet. All this home assistant stuff is just a lot to consume for us newbies.

I guess I wrongly assumed that something was wrong as I did not see the switch show up, as they do when paired to the Xiaomi gateway.

I must admit, I never looked in the events tab before, so I basically I did not really know it existed.

So I did not really know what to put in the automation example, and the whole Appdaemon section, I did not understand at all what was all about.

I guess, since a lot of people are probably coming from generic bridges/integrations to deconz, it could help people like me to explain what specifically is different, and maybe show screenshots. But, honestly, I think the docs are just how they should be.

Also I realized something about automations, that I am not sure about. When I initially just put it in like the deconz example, unfortunately it did not work:

- alias: Light test
  trigger:
    event_data:
  action:

I always had trouble getting my automations working. But I figured out now playing with this one, that it seems I need to put an id in there for it to work, so I just put a random number and it is now working:

- id: '99992'
  alias: Light test
  trigger:
    event_data:
  action:

As far as I can see, this id should only help automations UI to work, but it seems to also actually fix the function of the automation in my case?

Hmm @Klagio, that does not seem to give me anything.

It seems pressing deconz_event on the right, only puts it in Event Type in the top for firing events onto that “bus”? Listening in the bottom still shows me everything, and I cannot seem to filter that by entity.

But putting deconz_event in the “listening to”, filters it enough:

After moving over to deCONZ I have 3 CC2531 USB sticks spare. So I flashed them with the router firmware and added them to deCONZ as routers. They are shown as lights:

Got them plugged around the house direct in USB socket and extended my mesh well :slight_smile:

Just an idea for those with any lying around or needing to buy a cheap zigbee router (mine were about £4 each)

Also the stupidly bright green light on the USB stick is the light - ie you can turn it on or off as a light. May put one in the hallway and use as a nightlight off the motion sensor in the hall (it is that bright :slight_smile: )

mb

8 Likes

I’m left dumbfounded, I rebooted my hass.io installation after updating to the latest deconz add-on. I lost all my lights, but still have my sensors. Now I am not able to reconnect my lights even after hardware resetting them. They flash as they should when unpaired.

I am just at a loss, anyone had similar issues lately?

ConBee running 2.05.60 in Rpi 3B+ together with innr-lights.
The working sensor are 3x Xiaomi Aqara multisensors.

That’s so funny. I have kind of the opposite problem. I have Hass.io on my raspberry, with Deconz enabled. In the deconz / phoscon WebGUI I have a Xiaomi Binary Sensor that I called Main_Door.

The sensor’s states are correctly displayed (closed / open) in the Phoscon Web GUI , but the sensor itself is not known to Hass.io. After some initial struggling I had a closer look at the log:

20:26:28:828 dev /dev/ttyAMA0
20:26:28:828 GW firmware version is up to date: 0x262f0500
20:27:03:829 **discovery network reply error: Host dresden-light.appspot.com not found**
20:27:22:820 Current channel 25
20:27:22:836 Device TTL 81 s
20:28:22:827 Current channel 25
20:28:22:849 Device TTL 21 s
PROTO: CRC error
**20:28:45:059 device state timeout ignored in state 3**
20:28:46:110 device state timeout ignored in state 3
20:28:47:028 DEV config changed event
20:28:47:042 Device protocol version: 0x0109
20:28:47:182 Current channel 25
20:28:47:225 CTRL ANT_CTRL 0x02
20:28:47:310 Device protocol version: 0x0109
20:28:47:449 Current channel 25
20:28:47:493 CTRL ANT_CTRL 0x02
20:28:47:578 Device protocol version: 0x0109
20:28:47:717 Current channel 25
20:28:47:761 CTRL ANT_CTRL 0x02
20:29:22:827 Current channel 25
20:34:28:830 GW firmware version: 0x262f0500
20:34:28:830 GW firmware version is up to date: 0x262f0500
20:35:01:230 no button map for: lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2 ep: 0x01 cl: 0x0006 cmd: 0x0A pl[0]: 000
20:35:01:230 ZCL attribute report 0x00158D000276C361 for cluster 0x0006, ep 0x01
20:35:06:884 no button map for: lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2 ep: 0x01 cl: 0x0006 cmd: 0x0A pl[0]: 000
20:35:06:884 ZCL attribute report 0x00158D000276C361 for cluster 0x0006, ep 0x01
20:35:22:827 Current channel 25

I can’t interpret all of it but it seems as if three things are happening:

• The sensor itself is called ‘lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2’ instead of ‘binary_sensor.Main_Door’ as I thought it would be called
  • ‘device state timeout ignored in state 3’ seems to indicate that something else is going wrong (I don’t know what)
  • discovery network reply error: Host dresden-light.appspot.com not found (this sounds like less of an issue)

Can anyone help me with this? Thank you so much!

Best,
Dario

great idea, where you get them (4 pounds)?

Ebay. You need the flasher and leads for about £10 but that is only once and can use it on the others. If you check out here https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/getting_started/what_do_i_need.html are all the details there of what you need.

mb

EDIT: I originally used zigbee2mqqt :slight_smile:

1 Like

sorry to bother again. I did a new install and still have the same issue (see above). I don’t want to start a new topic since it seems to be in the developers’ interests to keep it all together here (makes sense).

Any help is appreciated! (the post I am referring to is three above, from 3 dayas ago). I hope it describes my problem well enough

I do know this has been asked before but any timetable regarding VNC for the official addon? Also, bumping to .60 whats the schedule for that. Thanks!

strangely there is no release note for that version, I didn’t upgrade (non -hassio) because of that

VNC came in add-on 2.05.55 and the bump to 0.60 came last week in the release with the same number. So both of those is available.

yes, but thats in the marthdoc edition , needs to be ported probably

Why not just use the marthoc version? That’s the one that is updated regularly.

it was announced earler, that martdoc edition is going to be ported to official addon store

The official addon is based on Marthocs docker for deconz. Marthocs addon is going to be deprecated soon (or at least not receive updates). The official one is the way to go forward.