deCONZ - Official thread

I have run 103.6 for a day now and no errors. So I decided again to install 104.2. An hour latter I get the same unavailable for one minute. At this point I can say it has something to do with 104 home assistant version. I just can’t pinpoint what…

Running conbee ii + deCONZ + HA containers. Had my first sengled added today smoothly. Now in HA there are 4 entities showing up. Besides the light itself and the deCONZ group I created at Phoscon, what are the other two entities and how could we utilize them? Thanks.
08 PM

Many thanks @KennethLavrsen for your very exaustive explaination. I’ll try to give minutes to the app to refresh its mesh routes :slight_smile:

Thank you again

Anyone connected deconz to kodi hue ambilight?

@KennethLavrsen i started application this morning but still not have meshes. I’m using VNC viewer from my mobile phone. Do you think it can be releated to the client?

Hi

when I try to update from 26320500 to 26330500 I get the “Update Successful” messag, but then it seems that update is not done and I get again the update to new version message.

Deconz version, as Hassio addon, is 5.1

I always make backup.

after the “Update Successful” message, it remains with “Firmware - Not connected” for some seconds and then I get again the “Update to 26330500” message

Is there any way to solve this situation and update ?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi everyone, I tried to write everywhere but nobody can answer me, I connected the Aqara Magic Cube to Deconz via the addon in Home Assistant, I wanted to create automations, such as turning on the lights when I turn it 90 degrees, and I used it as a trigger (in guided creation of HA automations) Device -> Mi Magic Cube (name of the device) -> Device rotated 90 degrees.

Everything works fine, but when the cube is inactive for a few minutes the cube sends a “Wake-up” signal with event id 7000 on deconz_event and triggers the automation, just by touching it! I don’t understand how it’s possible because I haven’t touched anything but it happens with any type of movement, even 180 degrees or slide etc, any ideas? It’s a deconz problem?

EDIT: this behavior occurs only with generic actions (flip 90/180 degrees, slide of any face) if it is a specific action as from face 1 to face 2 the automations that are part of this condition are not triggered

Hi, I have been having some issues with all of my Aqara sensors becoming unavailable and affecting some automations after a power outage as the entity id seems to change…

Has anyone had similar issues to this before?
Im a newbie so am potentially doing something wrong so lets not rule that out…

Further to the above, in the Deconz UI my gateway doesn’t appear, all i get is a blank screen.
Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

Is the mess graph generated automatically? I connected to the VNC interface but the graph is very very small, and didn’t figure out the zooming function.

The “Dimmable light 1” is the bulb you just put in. The “Phoscon-GW” is your Conbee stick and “porch” is the group that the bulb was assigned to. “Daylight” is a built in virtual sensor from Deconz that you can use to triggering things based on sunrise/sunset and stuff.

1 Like

I have the same issue with the Gateway display being blank when launching the deCONZ option from the sidebar menu. I assume like I, you just told the deconz add-on to include the menu item. That no longer seems to work well. My workaround was to turn that switch off and add this entry to my configuration.yaml file to manually put the menu item in (pi3 is the hostname of my HA server):

panel_iframe:
  ide:
    title: 'IDE'
    icon: mdi:code-braces
    url: 'http://pi3:8321'
  zigbee:
    title: ZigBee
    icon: mdi:zigbee
    url: 'http://pi3:40850'

(Ignore the ide: entry. That’s just one of mine unrelated to this but left in for syntax clarification).

Yes, it’s auto-generated.
Use your mouse scroll button/dial to zoom in and out. The VNC display will remember how you left it when you go back in.
I personally grabbed each entity icon on the screen and moved it to give a more physical layout of where all my stuff is. Yes, that was remembered by VNC also.

1 Like

thanks but it seems we may have different issues?
I can actually open the Deconz UI and select and pair sensors etc its when I click on the gateway tab i get a blank screen and don’t get to see my gateway to change channel or make backups etc

That was my exact circumstance until I did as listed above.

does anyone experience high CPU on deCONZ docker on Ubuntu? I have just one zigbee LED bulb connected. Constantly high CPU like below.

6325 root      20   0  711736  55608  39664 R 64.2  2.7   1009:04 deCONZ
 6288 root      20   0  175512  45440  13616 R 33.4  2.2 508:48.47 Xtigervnc

Ok brilliant thanks, I did give your method a try and I got the Zigbee icon on the left but when I went into it it was completely blank, I’m assuming there is some further setup required?

Change the host name (in my example it is pi3) to the local ip address of your HA server.
I.e. http://192.168.x.xxx:40850 . Clear your browser cache. Also, it works just fine if you use Firefox browser. Go figure.
Oh yeah, in your deconz add-on, do this in the configuration:
Screenshot from 2020-01-24 20-01-01

Hi folks, I have totaly lost the overview about topics, which are relevant for me or not.
Wouldn’t it make sense, to separate the threads into the different Installation variants Standard pi3+ and hassio, Ubuntu, docker? Maybe by using headlines, Tags or separate threads.
At this time, I have definately no idea, if I can Update to 104 or not. I’m on pi3+ and hassio. I had the same Situation with deConz 5.0 and 103.x
Just an idea

1 Like

Why not? If you worry about running into problems create a snapshot (as you should always do…) and rollback if you experience issues.

Installation variants really have nothing to do with this. There are just two possibilities; you use the official add-on or you don’t.

The upgrade seems pretty safe now. Just don’t forget to visit us again here if you run into any of the issues we’ve identified and figured out. :slight_smile: