deCONZ - Official thread

I’m running deconz docker, for backup, I’m trying to tarball the whole folder of the mapped volume, it always failed saying “file changed as we read it” on file zll.db. Is this file contains all devices information and need to backup? Any workaround for this error when backing up?

Stop dezonz before to execute your tar cmd. Or even better, don’t and just make a docker snapshot instead of a tar

hmm, I though we mount volume to docker for data persistent so we can easily backup the data only? snapshot of docker is a new container image.

Hey guys, installed deConz yesterday using the Conbee2 gateway. I do have something weird going on,
within the Phoscon ui II can change all the settings of my bulbs:

But when I go to the integration of the gateway

I can’t seem to find my bulbs over there

It seem that normally it should look something like this: https://youtu.be/7ccZbZK-COU?t=114
I do have discovery enabled in my config:

I also see the following log messages:

[11:57:42] INFO: Running Hass.io discovery task…
[11:57:52] INFO: Successfully send discovery information to Home Assistant.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Have you tried to trigger the Deconz refresh service in Home Assistant?

I only see the following in the configuration addon:

Do you mean the device refresh?

Update: that fixed it! Any idea why that wasn’t working out of the box? Will I need to do this every time I add devices?

Yes. Same problem here: https://ibb.co/2F1psyK .I went back tot 0.103.6. and the problem disappeared.

As it is right now deconz only signals new device types for certain kinds of device types. Like sensors

1 Like

I was wondering if the Philips hue smart plug needs to be turned on for it to act as a ‘Zigbee extender’
small demo video here: https://youtu.be/i9jNQLLyDRw

No. Else it wouldn’t be able to be controlled when in off state

1 Like

There is an issue about this. Could you share information about your different setups and other integrations and custom integrations here

1 Like

Hahah indeed, very dumb of of thx :wink:

just added another bulb to deconz, can control from UI, but it is not appearing in home assistant, what else needs to be done? do I need to delete deconz integration and add again?

1 Like

Somebody can help me with vibraton sensor?

Thank you! It appeared now.

Running DeCONZ as a Hassio add-on . Trying to setup a eCozy thermostat device that’s not on the ‘supported devices’ list. The device is visible on the VNC but not in the add-on web app.
Any idea if I could add it to HA?

I have a SmartThings button enrolled in Phoscon/DeConz. Under HA integrations, it found the deConz gateway, and it sees the button, but the only two entities are the battery level and the temperature. How do I get it to see the actual button press entity?

Read the docs. It’s all in there regarding the event triggers.

2 Likes

As @Philip_Embleton said, read the docs. Buttons/remote controlss integrated through DeCONZ will always show the button presses as events, there is no entity that shows which button has been pressed. You will only get entities for battery level, temperature level or similar sensors.