deCONZ - Official thread

has been corrected with 0.105

From changelog:
deCONZ - Fix magic cube awake gesture (@FrengerH - # 31403) (deconz docs) (beta fix)

I’ve setup Deconz for good friends of mine, which included pairing 50 IKEA lights but Home Assistant quickly became unstable with random crashes and CPU spikes making the system barely usable.

At my own place I’m running 20 devices and having no issues at all.

Anyone else experiencing stability issues with bigger Zigbee networks and are there any mitigations to run allot of Zigbee devices more stable on Deconz?

I have 110 nodes and have no issues

1 Like

If you are recording the history of those lights, I suggest you try turning that function off.

@Robban I own a few IKEA Trådri Remotes (round ones) which are successfully connected to my deCONZ instance. But their battery reporting behavior is really strange. But I am assuming this is rather an IKEA firmware issue than a deCONZ compatibility issue.

The strange behavior I am referring to is that the battery percentage is not accurate and it bounces up and down. One day a remote is 80% then 20% and a day or two later it’s 81% etc. I have replaced the default IKEA battery with new ones from Duracell, but that does not seem to solve the issue.

Is there anything I can check or do on deCONZ side? Or do you think that this is actually a firmware issue from IKEA as well?

And… at everyone at this forum: am I the only one experiencing this…? :sweat_smile:

I already turned the loging function off for all the individual lights and even for some sensors that are triggered often, but no results. Also swapped SD card. Memory usage is around 50% on a 1GB Pi. Maybe switching to 2GB?

Oh, I’ve seen that on my Ikea devices too. I believe it’s normal behaviour for them!

The battery levels will drop after bursts of usage, then it takes time (and several readings) before an accurate assessment can be made again.

I’ve read around forums that it’s due to voltage being used as a proxy for battery level, rather than these devices having a dedicated means of determining actual battery level.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer! Sounds super plausible. Oh well, guess we’ll just have to deal with it haha. These remotes have a red led light blinking when the battery is really low. I’ll just refer to that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Need help thanks:

I haved installed the deCONZ add-on and opened the webui to connect devices no problem. However I was not able to add it to home assistant integration:

1. It is not showing up in “discovered” under integration ( while other devices are showing confirms discovery is working file)
  2. If I were to add it to integration manually, what should I put in the “host” and “port” in the popup window from clicking the plus sign — where can I find the ip and port it is using? I have tried 127.0.0.1 and 80 and seems not working (conbee is unlocked druing).

微信截图_20200217011318

微信截图_20200217011343

I have a bit similar problem as I was tired no to be able to upgrade from 3.8 to 5.1, I have decided to uninstall old deconz addon, restart HA and install new addon 5.1.
And phoscan app is working however I can not get it discovered, in the logs are:

Unknown service discovered: home_assistant {'host': '10.8.8.11', 'port': 8123, 'hostname': "Skoneczko's Home._home-assistant._tcp.local.", 'properties': {'version': '0.105.4', 'base_url': 'http://10.8.8.11:8123', 'requires_api_password': True}}
2020-02-17 15:13:24 DEBUG (MainThread) [pydeconz.utils] Sending {} to https://phoscon.de/discover
2020-02-17 15:13:27 DEBUG (MainThread) [pydeconz.utils] HTTP request response: [{'id': '00212EFFFF017192', 'internalipaddress': '172.30.33.2', 'macaddress': '00212EFFFF017192', 'internalport': 40850, 'name': 'Phoscon-GW', 'publicipaddress': '91.207.173.118'}]
2020-02-17 15:13:27 INFO (MainThread) [pydeconz.utils] Discovered the following bridges: [{'id': '00212EFFFF017192', 'internalipaddress': '172.30.33.2', 'macaddress': '00212EFFFF017192', 'internalport': 40850, 'name': 'Phoscon-GW', 'publicipaddress': '91.207.173.118'}].
2020-02-17 15:13:39 DEBUG (MainThread) [pydeconz.utils] Sending {'auth': None, 'data': b'{"devicetype": "pydeconz"}'} to http://172.30.33.2:40850/api

I have tried intagrate manually so is is asking for unlock gateway which I did but I got the message as above could not get API key.

This is very weird as I can restore version 3.8 from backup and all is working, what is the problem what changes along the way from 3.8 where made that I can’t get it work. I have latest HA 0.105.4

I can only see that in the version 3.8 my agateway in phoscan app is with my hist ip 192.168.1.250 but in hte new 5.1 deconz phoscan app is showing 172.30.33.2.

I’ve added two xiaomi buttons to conbee ii via phoscon app. Both of them appeared in the webpage, and I can see log when I press the bottons.

After call refresh service and also rebooted HA, I didn’t find any button in HA. Is there anything else I need to do in order buttons show up in HA?

Connection between deconz and HA should be fine since I also have zigbee bulb which is working fine.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 9.36.13 PM

im about to cry my, entire house is stuck with all the lights set to ON and i have 100+ lights.

All i did was to add three more bulbs to my setup, everything went fine and a couple of hr’s later i rebooted HA to find the deconz didnt function properly. Cant use my switches/motions sensors/control my lights in any way.

ive tried to “alt+click” on my deconz gateway “advanced options” button and reset to my previous

But that didnt help, it also causes “http://192.168.1.225:8123/core_deconz” to display a white page reading " 502 Bad Gateway"

I tried unplugging the lights that i added, restarting several times both HA/deconz. Pulled the deconz usb in/out but no luck. Running latest versions of both as of today.

I have been at this for the past hours trying to google someone with a similar issue but the solutions they’ve applied dosen’t do it for me. Any suggestions are welcome, i strongly feel this is above my technical expertise :frowning:

This is a snapshot of my log from HA/deconz:

https://pastebin.com/k3VGsxL7

Deconz doesn’t create a button in HA for switches/remote controls, there will be only a battery level entity in some cases. Button presses are handled through events. Read this part of the official documentation.

What are you running this on? VM? RPi?
And, do you have SSL enabled?

The error I read here

399 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream

• Try to disable ipv6 for your device/OS. Restart and check if that works.

• SSH into HA and provide the output after running: netstat -plant

You also mention that you’ve tried alot already. Please do share what it is that you’ve tried so we don’t repeat the steps you’ve already checked. Because I think this its an issue with nginx

Thank you very much for your reply. Desperate now, truly.

Running “Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-88-generic x86_64)”

I recall that i ran into this issue after the reboot, but before restarting the deconz integration i noticed there was an update so i fetched that hoping it would save the day - the update didnt do the trick but it had tweaks to nginx in the changelog - maybe i made it worse by updating…

This is my netstat -plant output:
https://pastebin.com/bRpD7zvF

This is a current copypasta of my log after the systems been running for a while without me touching it:
https://pastebin.com/wkprj7d7
As you see the error you pointed out is not there anymore. Im dying on the inside because i know there is a chance i have to add and name every damn light from scratch :’(

Tried to disable ipv6 and rebooted, issue persists

Edit: I dont think im running SSL. Never configured it/aquired a certificate so i assume no…

In the deconz addon page there’s some troubleshooting tips. Had you done a phoscon backup previously?

unfortunately no, as i was still in the very last stages of configuring my scens. excuses, i know.

feel horrible right now, i will take at least four hrs if i have to fiddle with resetting lights and configuring deconz from scratch :frowning:

Have you looked for for wifi 2.4Gh channel interferences ?
Maybe try to change wifi channel on your router to 6 (and then maybe conbee channel to 25, not confident on this as i wasn’t able to succeed in it when i once try to change it in phoscon)

Have you checked if the USB port of the stick has changed, as you mention it started after a reboot?