deCONZ - Official thread

thats indeed an alternate route, allthough it doesnt look nice :slight_smile:
if possible, i want to plug it in directly in a socket outlet

edit: found something like this : https://www.newbecca.com/product/19754055165, its in plastic, so doesnt break the zigbee signal

thnx for pointing me for an alternate solution

allthough, still interested if a zigbee waterproof repeater excists

Well, worked fine for me, since I have this installed in the middle of the garden, attached to lamp. From product pictures you linked it seems that you look more for something wall attached, so indeed my solution looks pretty… out of place, especially given the color :slight_smile:
Anyhow I’d perhaps look for some housing rather that waterproof repeater - it still need to be connected to electricity so some protection for the socket is required as well? Unless you find some sort of hermetic dongle on the cable that is sealed and you can introduce cable only safely to the house.

yeah, i am indeed looking for something wall related, the only outside place is my socket, where i can place some repeater
that repeater must be in link with the garden 20 meter further…

I’m a noob according deconz and hass.io
I tried to read and to understand how I could dolve my isssues but I was not able to find the answer.
Sorry if I’m asking the same thing again …

Preconditions:
hassio installation on a raspeberry pi
Deconz as plugin installation
Working great, integrations work.

What I want to do? Increase the sensitivity of a Xiaomi Aquara Vibration sensor, which is doable through the API (see https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/1396)
The question is HOW can I reach the API in my environment?

Thanks
Hannes

Hi folks, apologies for the long post, I’m just trying to be clear as possible on my blockage, any suggestions would be much appreciated.
I can’t pair any lights or sensors to my Raspbee II using official deCONZ on latest hassos_rpi3-3.13.img booting from USB SSD.
I’m using OSRAM Smart+, Xiaomi mi temp/humidity & Aqara temp/humidity/pressure
When I use the Phoscon (Buster headless) image on a separate pi - I can add the devices without problem.
I’ve tried backing up this gateway config and then restoring it to the deCONZ on HA - after a couple of hours I got reliable data from the Xiaomi mi (round sensors) but the lights and Aqara (square sensors) didn’t show and I still can’t add devices to HA.

The gateway seems connected fine and shows the latest firmware.

Some sensors reporting after restoring from vanilla phoscon setup into HA.
Any thoughts what I should try next?

I’m too stupid change the networksetting of the addon and change host NULL to host 40850 for container 40850/tcp. Result the api is reachable at port 40850 at you hassio-ip …

… SORRY …

Hi guys!
I just connected my Aqara bulb ZNLDP12LM to the Home Assistant via Deconz.
It appeared in the HA but I can switch it ON/OFF only. So there is no brightness/temperature support available in HA but available in the deconz app. Am I doing something wrong or there is a hint of how to improve lights support in the HA?

light.dush_svet_1	on	is_deconz_group: false
                                        friendly_name: Dush Svet 1
                                        supported_features: 0

Does anyone know of how I can completely remove Deconz add on and all the devices from Home Assistant so I can start over please?
It’s become such a mess I think its the only thing that I can do now. I tried adding new sensors but they wouldn’t pair (I’ve only have 18 battery powered devices) so I tried changing the channel to see if that made any difference. I could then add the additional unit I was trying to add at the time. I then purchased two more sensors and have run into the same problem again. So I though I would remove it all and start again to see if that works. Every time I uninstall and reinstall my devices are still shown. I’ve tried the reset inside the Deconz Add on but still when restart it the devices are still present. I have removes the Home Assistant Integration as well and checked that the Entities are no longer present, well they are not showing even when I tick the show disabled box.

Can anyone advise please. Thank you.

To improve reliability have you put your conbee on an extension cord?

Yes. To avoid interference from the device it’s plugged into.

Hi Frits,
it is 15:00h.
I’m alone at home like often these days :frowning: (Home office)
And suddenly one bulb isn’t available and cannot be switched
I noticed this behavior of this bulb since last week.
There is no other device (bluetooth) active then usual.
My phone is upstairs in the office.
Nothing changed since hours.
That’s what I meant.
This time it is this bulb, next week maybe another one.

Hi guys,

Can anyone explain what the CLIP sensors are and whether they are useful in HA please?

It seems this bulb only has a single connection and is not acting like a repeater (even worse with garten oben which doesn’t seem to have any connection at all). As @frits1980 already mentioned I would reset/relink this bulb. It might have something to do with the bulb itself or the firmware version it is using. Which kind of bulbs are you using?

Ok, did it. We will see if it works. The garden light had problems from the beginning on. But amazingly when needed in the evening, the light always switches :slight_smile: So its ok for me.

I have the same question!

Hello everyone, I am currently using 4 Xiaomi (Honeywell) smoke detectors with a ConBee2 among many other sensors. With these smoke detectors, I regularly have the problem that after a reboot of Home-Assistant (0.109.6) they are shown as not available. Sometimes one or the other reappears after a longer period of time, but overall it is very unsatisfactory. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to make the smoke detectors show as available again?

Ithink it just takes some time before they send another message and after they are availible again

More than 18 hours? :flushed:

If it’s like other sensor, it communicates only when there is a change or after some times.
Is there a button on it? If yes you can try to push to wake the smoke sensor

Yes, there is a button and I know that 3 times short push is for reconnecting. But it doesn’t work at the moment.