deCONZ - Official thread

Somebody knows how I can connect the https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/tradfri-wireless-dimmer-white-00468432/ to conbee in home assistant? don’t see this device…

All button remotes are stateless and only send events. Search for event in this thread and you will learn

What do you exactly mean?

Its just connecting to the conbee addon from home assistant right?
I’m trying to add it, but doesn’t showing up in Conbee…

You need to press 4 short times to pair in phoscon

My apologies, my configuration wasn’t ok now all is working!

Hi @pergola.fabio,

I didn’t downgrade. Just a simple remove (deCONZ from the add on store and from HA integration) and reinstall.

I only have a few zigbee devices so not much work to re-pair them etc, but not the best solution for a large installation.

Roland

If, for some reason Home-assistant crashes and I have to restart it all my lights are unavailable until I delete the integration and re-add it. Why?

Also, tried to delete the add-on and restart it. Then all of the sudden the password to log onto the device has changed… Only way to get back in is to do a restore of the home-assistant add-on.

Suggestions?

Using HA 0.103.2 and deconz 6.2.2 with deconz II USB. The power consumption for Xiaomi Smart Plug was missing before (mainly due to deconz firmware) and they fixed it on 2 months ago and deconz addon 5.3.3 was working fine with it. But when i upgraded to deconz addon 6, the consumption is lost; sensor.xiaomi_plug_consumption value is “unknown” whereas its attributes like temperature, unit of measurement, on/off works fine. From the logs i see that deconz/phoscon is sending the consumption value to deconz addon correctly as is:

12:56:19:317 0x00158D000163B34E extract Xiaomi special attribute 0xFF01
12:56:19:317 	64 on/off 1
12:56:19:317 	03 temperature 39 °C
12:56:19:317 	98 power 0.810000 (1)
12:56:19:317 	95 consumption 11.132044 (11132)
12:56:19:317 	05 RSSI dB (?) 13 (0x000D)
12:56:19:317 	9a unknown 0 (0x00)
12:56:19:317 	08 unknown 4894 (0x131E)
12:56:19:317 	07 unknown 0 (0x0000000000000000)
12:56:19:317 	09 unknown 1280 (0x0500)

but that consumption value is not going into the sensor as a value. Is this an error on deconz or addon side and how can i fix this? Thanks.

EDIT: sensor.xiaomi_plug_power works fine and shows instant power usage.

1 Like

Hey all,
is there a way to sync the names from items in DeConz over to HA?
i just added 20 devices, however in HA they are showing up as things like “vibration 65” instead of “kitchen door”

Hi

it is a bit annoying that the Deconz integration automatically import the devices the minute they are added. I would have preferred that I had to either restart HA or run the device refresh service which is already implemented.
Deconz always adds a new device with a default name and then as part of the setup, you rename the device. So it exists with the temporary name for a few seconds only

There is a work around.

First you can actually just stop HA while you add the devices. This way you can rename them in Phoscon and they get loaded correctly

All devices that create events will take the name from Phoscon. You just need to restart Home Assistant then then they get updated.

Sensors that have been loaded have to be manually renamed in Home Assistant. If you make sure to keep the names in HA and Phoscon in sync, then you will not be in trouble if you later need to remove and re-add the Deconz integration

Thanks!
if i remove and then re-add the integration, would that work too?

Hi

Yes. Re-adding integration will delete all devices and entities and re-add them again and then they get in sync. A bit brute force. When you re-add integration it will also forget the access token so you need to re-add it in Phoscon. Easy when you know it.

I’m having connection issues with my Conbee II. This happened ever since I upgrade to 6.2.2. Home Assistant recognizes my Conbee II as does deConz, but my Conbee II refuses to connect. As an aside, I even reached out to the deCONZ official Discord, and they couldn’t figure it out either.

One thing that I should point out is my HA instance is virtualized in VBox on my Windows 10 machine. Is this perhaps the issue? If so, what would be a better solution for this? Proxmox? Docker? Or, should I consider ZHA instead? Additionally, I have noticed this Conbee II connection issue in the past and it almost always happens when I do a complete Host machine stop and restart OR when I do an HA version upgrade.

Ultimately, I’d like to end the inconsistencies of Conbee II connecting (note: I do not have zigbee device issues at all when Conbee II connects, never had the need to change zigbee channels/etc.) Any help would be appreciated

It’s usually not necessary. There is a deconz update service that you can either execute cia developer tools or bind to a Lovelace button

1 Like

Deconz update does not update the names of sensors or lights once they are loaded in to Home Assistant. You have to do that manually in HA or remove and readd the integration.

There is still no way to delete a device in the user interface. You either have to hack JSON files or uninstall and reinstall the entire integration.

I have just been through this myself this evening. I wanted to remove an IKEA motion sensor which kept on triggering false motion and add a Philips motion sensor as a replacement. And I had to hack JSON files to remove the old device (you can remove entities but not devices in any integration). And when I added the Philips motion sensor I had to manually edit the name in HA after having changed it in Phoscon. Not even a restart of HA renames them.
One exception is the sensor names reported with events from buttons and remotes. These names come fresh from the deconz api. But the battery sensor for a remote has to be manually renamed in HA.

Is this new? I used to add devices to deconz then it was added to HA with a default name. I renamed it in deconz and then restart HA (or call refresh service) to update the name. Worked here but did not add a device for a while

1 Like

Yes, this works. I exchanged the location of two bulbs some days ago. Deleted them in Phoscon.
Added them to phoscon again. Restart HA, renamed and executed refresh service. Done.
The complicated way was necessary due to the scenes I manage in Phoscon.

I think if you delete an item in Phoscon and add the same again (with same unique ID) then this may trigger a resync of the names also. I never tried that combo.
Normally my problem is when I replace a broken or poor item.

I know that just renaming an item in Phoscon does not sync over the name if it is a light or sensor. Only for events. But removing and re-adding. That may work and then you avoid having a lot of other devices renamed when you remove the entire integration and add it again. If I remove my deconz integration I can spend an hour finding all the entities I had previously renamed to fit my naming scemes. That is why I hack JSON files when I need to remove a device permanently. It is too violent to remove the entire integration when you, like me, have 98 Zigbee devices and their 142 entities.

1 Like

I have the same issues with same plugs. Previously was perfect on deconz addon up to 5.3.6.

Hi, in my case I had to exchange a tint bulb with a hue bulb from livingroom to bedroom because I have around 10 scenes in the livingroom and only 5 in bedroom. Tint bulbs can not handle more then 5 or 6. I wanted to guarantee, that the flash memory of the tint is empty.
Thats,why I went for this strange method.
I manage all scenes still in phoscon due to the lower communication when switching on and off.