deCONZ - Official thread

Kenneth, you are right, less added software , less issues… But that’s not the point here… There is clearly an issue with the add-on, that’s where this is all about :slight_smile: … Already lots of people are reporting this now.

In my case it happened several days ago, container just stopped with no reason

I use Home Assistant OS 4.12 on a NUC and had the same issue multiple times since nearly 2 weeks… I’ve moved to ZHA as it was too annoying (nearly all my devices are zigbee’s)

The point of this forum is to help each other and share experiences.
Also to discuss bugs. But if you want developer focus to fix it then raising a bug report on github is the official vehicle.

1 Like

Flagged the same random stopping events of the Deconz service to GitHub as advised.

What do i need for Zha, ive frankly had enough as well.

Where? I’m not seeing it on https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio-addons/issues

Edit:

Just ended up posting it myself here. If you have other logs to share, I believe you can do so in that thread, but if your comment is going to be “Me too” then please just give the issue a thumbs up. A reply without adding any new information is considered spam.

1 Like

Indeed , gonna create a ticket next week, if not already exists, waiting for the next time it occurs again

Did I get the right spot?

I think the issue we are talking about, is that the add-on just stops for no reason, that issue on GitHub is something else

That’s for a different issue it seems, and I believe the problem is with the HA addon, and not the deCONZ rest plugin itself.

No worries, I went ahead and filed the issue in the addon repo myself.

I uploaded some logs there

1 Like

Since some time I’m unable to upgrade Deconz Firmware on my RaspBee with the hassio addon. Im on 26330500 now and the system shows that 26350500 is available.
I can hit the upgrade button, the cog starts spinning and after some time it says that it upgraded succesfully. But afterwards the firmware number just stays the same and I’m prompted to update again.

The only thing I can identify in the logs that could be useful is:
GW firmware update exit code 255

I’dont have any usb sticks on my Raspi. Any idea whats’s wrong?

It’s a known bug, you need another OS to update the firmware

What do you mean with “another os”? I can’t connect a RaspBee to a windows pc and update there. No workaround?

Operating system indeed, not sure for a workaround for raspbee :frowning:

To answer my own question: this did work for me:

I just needed some aditional steps:

• when first trying the flashing command it answered "failed to open device. Status: permission error while locking device
  • somewhat killing the container and restarting it, did the jobs though:
  • I used lslocks to find the deconz-container:
  • and killed it using the number outputted, in this example: kill 325
  • the whole container stoped, so I headed back to the containers, searched for deconz again. This time it was stopped.
  • I clicked on it, hit start and entered the console again, as soon as I could.
  • this time the flashing command worked

This worked perfectly for me, but I don’t guarentee success. Also as mentioned in the instructions: be careful with portainer!

I had the deConz addon shut off on me this morning for the first time - it’s never done this before. I added my information to your GitHub issue. Thanks for raising it.

I run HA Supervisor in VM on WIndows 10 and use the deconz addon with a Conbee.
If I wanted to run it separately as you do, could I stop the addon, remove the integration and install deconz on the Windows host ?
Would HA just auto-discover deconz (I have discovery enabled) or do I need to add it in the integrations page ?
Also, would I need to re-pair all my devices or is that stored on the Conbee ?
Thanks

Hey everyone. I used to have so many deCONZ disconnect issues. The solve for me was to separate deCONZ from Home Assistant. I now have deCONZ running on a separate instance (Windows), and I’ve not had any issues ever since this setup.

Also, I have my HA instance setup via VirtualBox. I’ve noticed an unfriendly behavior in VBox in that even when you remove the USB stick from VB, it would often return causing conflicts between the Windows instance of deCONZ versus HA. Once, I finally removed HA recognizing the VBox USB stick (this happened through a hard reboot of the host machine), everything fell into place.

IMHO, the big problem for me wasn’t interference - I NEVER had interference problems before, my wireless router sits RIGHT next to my Conbee II stick, and I also do not use an extension cable.

Anyway, thought I’d present my experience after a lot of hair pulling and teeth gnashing, put your Deconz outside of HA and remove the HA addon. Anyway, hope the addon creator looks into this. I wonder if there’s a conflict occuring or if it has to do with load order.

Yes, this what I do, and frankly I believe everyone should remove the Addon and go with this model. Separate deCONZ from HA and then have HA discovery discover your deCONZ/phoscon instance.