DeCONZ, ZHA and Zigbee components and compatible hardware

The example is out of date. You should change that to HueDimmer

Sorry, what, the module??

Aah, no sorry. Don’t know why it reacted on that. Pushed a new version of the file that just had some things tossed around. Try it out.

Disclaimer; this is all a work in progress, more documentation is needed and to split things up in different files later on

Make sure that the apps.yaml looks something like this

⇒ cat apps.yaml

remote_control_living_room:
  module: remote_control
  class: HueDimmer
  remotes:
    - dimmer_switch_5
  hold:
    1:
      - light.ambience_spot_3
      - light.ambience_spot_4
    3:
      - light.ambience_spot_7
      - light.ambience_spot_6
  click:
    1:
      - light.ambience_spot_1
      - light.ambience_spot_2
    2:
      - light.ambience_spot_5
      - light.ambience_spot_6
    3:
      - light.ambience_spot_8
      - light.ambience_spot_9```

Ohh so this part goes in apps.yaml and deleted from remote_control.py?

Sorry I promise to study more when have free time (and more free brain power)

Precisely.

Ok that error is gone, now I need to define this too …?

File “<frozen importlib._bootstrap>”, line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed File “/config/appdaemon/apps/remote_control.py”, line 21, in <module> class RemoteControl(RemoteControlBase): NameError: name ‘RemoteControlBase’ is not defined

Did you copy the whole file?

If you have copied it but the remote control base is on the bottom of the file. Go to my github and make sure you’re viewing master and copy the updated file

I searched your name on github but there are many, can you please give me the link

The link is 5 posts up

Oh I didn’t get it was your github. Downloaded and installed, no more error in appdaemon console, thanks.

Will try later the functionality with the dimner. Thanks!

1 Like

Love this deconz/hass, everything is so fast and smooth.
Multitude of Low price Zigbee devices, deconz multi brand single gateway solution, hass integration , working also without Internet

Highly recommended.

It’s a Zwave killer

3 Likes

Spread the love :heart:

Having a hard time trying to make the hue dimmer work. With the below configuration, what does it mean?

1 On, 2 UP, 3 Down, 4 Off buttons?

If I long press ON, what happens?

If I click two times ON what happens , scene.yellow_chandelier_lights? (its not)

remote_control_living_room: 
  module: remote_control 
  class: HueDimmer 
  remotes: 
      - dning_switch
  long_press:
    1:
      - light.ambience_spot_1
      - light.ambience_spot_2
    3:
      - light.ambience_spot_5
      - light.ambience_spot_6
  multi_click:
    1:
      - scene.bright_chandelier_lights
      - scene.yellow_chandelier_lights

2:
      - scene.concentrate_chandelier_lights
    3:
      - scene.dimmed_chandelier_lights

Check my last example. It is click and hold now instead of multi click and long press

Hurray! I removed all Zigbee devices from Xiaomi Gateway(s), I am finally free from the cloud!

QUestion about the Xiaomi gateway: can I still use it: radio, alarm, Wifi binding for XIaomi cameras (I don’t use, but), Alarm, BLE for Miflora sensor … pretty useful object, but keeping it on it will keep the Zigbee radio on, probably, and that can interfere with my current network, or when no Zigbee devices is attached the Gateway is offline for the zigbee network?

Any clue?

The zigbe radio will probably not interfere anything if you don’t have any devices paired to it. Can’t you turn it off?

I haven’t seen/found anything about the possibility to turn on/off the Zigbee radio

Well there is no traffic on it when no devices are connected so it is probably negligable

I have recently installed a conbee stick in my hass.io install. Running the deconz addon by marthoc.

I have successful integrated some spare devices (Osram Smart Plug, a Xiaomi sensor) and a couple of dimmers (philips and xiaomi). The only thing that I can’t see in HA is the temperature that phoscon shows on the xiaomi sensors (I didn’t know the sensors had a temperature sensor). I guess there is also an error in the battery level of the sensors.

I already own a philips hue bridge with twenty bulbs and a Xiaomi gateway with ten sensors.

My main goal is removing the xiaomi gateway and creating a single Zigbee network.

Now I am facing the possibility of moving the other sensors (philips and xiaomi) to deconz. (The philips sensors are read with the hue.sensor component, and I expect a shorter update time)

Based in your previous experiences, what is the best way of doing the migration? One device at a time?

Is there a recommended naming of the devices?

I don’t want (yet) to remove the Hue bridge (and app), because the family prefers it over phoscon or HA… but I’d appreciate your suggestions to facilitate the migration from Hue to deconz.

Thanks in advance!