DeCONZ, ZHA and Zigbee components and compatible hardware

Edited:

Updated deCONZ to 2.05.58 and addet a new power switch (with metering) in Phoscon (this is registred as light?). Then restarted HA.

A new switch (switch.power_and_metering1) AND a new sensor (sensor.consumption_2) in HA appeared. The switch without the attribute for power consumption. The additional sensor with power consumption (the attribute "on:" is not possible to toggle).

Is this like it should be, two entities id, instead of one switch with consumption attributes?

And the sensor naming, why not take the same name as the switch (switch.power_and_metering1), like sensor.power_and_metering1?

Added log to configuration.yaml, and this is the result after restart:

Which model?

It’s how deconz names devices. You can change it

Probably Innr sp120

The Climax PSM-29ZBSR, -Power Meter Switch with Repeater/Router
http://www.climax.com.tw/psm29zb-zb.php

You do get updated consumption values according to the logs

Any progress / more feedback?

Thanks for helping.

Unfortunately I messed up my setup. I could not change the sensor/switch-name in HA, so deleted all switches in Phoscon (wanted a total fresh start) and the entries in config.storage\core.entity_registry.
Have uninstalled deConz. Installed once again, rebooted.

Now I can add switches to Phoscon but no switches and sensors are getting in HA. Did the latest HassOS 2.8 do something(?)
How do I totally clean deConz from HA?

Getting an error from decConz in the HA log.

If you reset DeCONZ you will need to get a new API key

I’d like to get finished in good time to accommodate review time with the PR. Do you have any time available soon?

Hey, sorry for that late feedback. I cought the flu and was in bed most of the time :frowning:

The PR is good to go. Setting temperatures and showing the actual / target temp works.
Reporting from the device itself is a bit slow, but thats on deconz side.

Aaw man, hope you feel better!

Does the turning on/off work now?

Else you can try it using the deconz.configure service to see what the proper command would be

I have been playing with my two power- consumption switches. The consumption functionality just came with the latest Deconz release. And I am finding some odd behavior.

1. In Phoscon I can’t find any sensor for consumption

2. My to identical switches are getting totally different consumption values for the same lamp (10W LEDD lamp).

1. The sensor on-attribute never goes to "off", when the switch is turned off.

2. When turning the switches off, the consumption value stays the same. Does not go down to zero (or down to the switch standby consumption value)

Should I report this to Dresden El., @marthocoo or is this something readable from the log explaining this behavior.

Please advise.

HA log:

Good that you posted logs, if they cover all points you’ve mentioned we should be able to see if it is the component or deconz that has issues.

Can you start by doing a filtered log that only show output from deconz web socket for your different points of interest?

Too much logs to rummage through to see what you’re point at.

I have restarted HA with the switches off. When HA come online the consumption for the power sockets showed 6.063 kWh and 24319.0 kWh. The I turned both switches on, and into one power socket (the 24319.0 kWh) I connected a vacuum cleaner on full power. No change in consumption appeared.

The log above is updated with the latest log.

Those are some big values [pydeconz.websocket] Websocket data: {“e”:“changed”,“id”:“2”,“r”:“sensors”,“state”:{“consumption”:2.4324e+07,“lastupdated”:“2019-02-08T16:17:27”,“power”:2},“t”:“event”,“uniqueid”:“00:12:4b:00:08:b5:e1:35-01-0702”}

What can be deduced is that it is not the component that is at fault, but if it is the device or deconz I can’t say.

Hi everyone, I’ve been using deconz with a conbee since a couple of months ago (currently using the @marthocoo hassio addon)
I have read in the last release of HA that there is also ZHA component that supports conbee.

What is your experience with the ZHA component? Is it worth giving it a try?
I appreciate the feedback of deconz network representation, and it has helped me a lot to install my devices.

@foraster i’ve recently tried the ZHA component, and although they have made HUGE gains these past months, it still has device support issues. At least in the area i need it, Xiaomi/Aqara sensors. which apparently don’t conform to the standard really, why they are harder for developers to support. i hear deconz supports them fine, and i’ve been using zigbee2mqtt which has fantastic support for them, and I was even able to add support easily for a new device it didn’t.
Hopefully this year with the great work that, i forget his name, sorry, is doing, ZHA will be all we need and I can drop another link in my “chain” of devices/services :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Most of my devices are xiaomi, so by now I’ll not try the zha component.

I have used Zha/Elelabs ZigBee Shield for couple months. I also have Raspbee/DeConz and zigbee2mqtt. Maybe because I started with ZHA and I am more used to it I like it the best for me. The weak part for me is that Elelabs Shield (they quit selling them) so I would love to get Raspbee to work with ZHA.

I have Xiaomi temp/hum/pressure sensors, waterleak sensors, door/window sensors, motion sensors … They all work just great in my system. Only with Xiaomi buttons/switches I have had problems with ZHA events.

i forget his name,

I think we are talking about dmulcahey here (David) - thanks for him; he has done excellent work with ZHA.

1 Like