DeCONZ, ZHA and Zigbee components and compatible hardware

Will raise an issue on github.tanks so far

there is a fix for that will test it and give a feedback in 10 minutes

@Robban, congrats with the merge. Do you know when we will be able to see it live? Will it be installed as an add-on?

This is a component, it still has an external dependency to the deconz software. It will not work initially with hass.io due to issues with docker and how deconz communicate with the hardware.

See this post and thread for more information ConBee ZigBee Stick and HA, will this work together?

Is the issue fixed with multiple hue/deconz bridges in last release?

I’m basically lost here…I bought the suggested zigbee+zwave stick, installed it, created a db file and configured as suggested, and I get this:

2018-01-10 22:00:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 190, in _async_setup_component
    result = yield from component.async_setup(hass, processed_config)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/__init__.py", line 90, in async_setup
    APPLICATION_CONTROLLER = ControllerApplication(ezsp_, database)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 29, in __init__
    self._dblistener = bellows.zigbee.appdb.PersistingListener(database_file, self)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/appdb.py", line 29, in __init__
    detect_types=sqlite3.PARSE_DECLTYPES)
sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file

Now what?

Thanks @Robban, I guess it will work on hass.io if I run the deconz on a different host?

Absolutely

I think it is better if you create a separate post for this error

Hello all,

So, I’m new and desperate :smiley:
I’m trying to install this deconz component with absolutly no success so far.
I searched for hours and tried many thing but nothing works. My main question would be at this point : where do I get the deconz.py and where do I put it ?
At one point I assumed it would be added automatically to my HA setup after adding

deconz:
      host: 192.168.0.12 

to configuration.yaml, but no… I still have a “Component not found: deconz” error.

I may assume wrong…

My config :

• Raspberry pi One with Raspbee module and Deconz up and running (I have my Aquara sensors listed in the Phoscon App)
  • fresh manual HomeAssistant install

So what am I doing wrong ?

Hass version 0.61 will be out today or tomorrow. I’d recommend you to wait for this release now that it is so close :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sooo, I kind of think I haphazardly got deconz to work with hass.io :blush:

After googling around I found this hassio addon:

As per the issue posted it would not work straight away but the change described in the issue tracker made it install fine. After checking the config.json I started it and could reach the web ui from hassio.local:8080 Adding /pwa to the adress got me into Phoscon where I added a motion sensor.

Next up was connecting it to home assistant and @Robban’s deconz component. I first specified IP 192.168.0.XXX:8080, but that did not work as the component adds :80 when trying to interface with deconz. I could not use 80 for conbee to begin with however as Pi-Hole was occupying that.

After changing the pi-hole port, I went back to the conbee addon config.json and set both port entries to only 80. In my configuration I simply put the local ip without ports as expected and after a restart I could connect using the configurator!

I haven’t tested much so far, but I can see the motion detector working and my ikea dimmer is reporting battery as well. I have yet to add more devices but I must head for bed now and will try more later.

Cheers for the component and hope the above was helpful even though I blindly found my way there.

3 Likes

Awesome! You should talk to @frenck about getting this into his community package.

Regarding port 80, you need to have pihole on port 80, but with docker there shouldn’t be an issue to change the port for deconz. Its already supported by the component :slight_smile:

I just wanted to thank you for this post. I installed this hassio addon a week or two ago but I couldn’t test if it worked until today when my sensors finally arrived. I had been banging my head against it all day, trying to get the sensors to connect and I was about to give up when I saw your post about it working for you. It turns out they were connecting, it’s just that there’s no feedback from Phoscon at all and I should have checked the log for the hassio addon instead.

And thank you @Robban for all the work you’ve put into this component. It’s working well.

1 Like

Is the onion omega 2 compatible with HA?

That has nothing to do with this topic @Emd01. Have you tried the search function?

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know about Pi-hole. And obviously I was able to set port on the component, and its working now. In my defence I added the component just before bedtime and did not read the instructions all the way. :grimacing:

A couple of questions though:

1. Is the Conbee hardware the actual gateway, or does the gateway reside server side? As in if I unplug the conbee stick and put it in my desktop and open the desktop app, will it retain the devices added to it?

2. Do you know what data to pull from the Trådfri wireless dimmer? Since its a rotary thing and not buttons I am assuming it sends something different than the button dimmers.

1. I am not 100% on this but my understanding is that it is stored with the deConz software
  2. You can see what number you get from it in the logs but if I. Remember correctly it is press up and press down

@wrenchse

I’ve tried to install the Deconz add-on but I’m having some issues.

I’ve downloaded the components and stored them localy in /addons. When I try to install it I get an error message.

ADD failed: failed to GET http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/.../qt5-websockets-5.9.1-r0... with status 404 Not Found

I updated ‘Dockerfile’ and pointed to another site that had the file accessable (later version than originaly in the script). This gets me further, but results in other failures.

docker.errors.BuildError: The command ‘/bin/sh -c tar xv -C / -f data.tar.gz’ returned a non-zero code: 1

Did you have to change anything else than the USB path? If so, could you specify what steps were needed to install the add-on?

Thanks

Edit: Just found the raised issue and comments about this exact problem. Following those instructions worked like a charm.

1 Like

Steps I took to get it working in case anyone else gets here with the same intention: (Running everything deconz on one device. Pi3 with conbee-stick in my case)

1. Download the files (dockerfile, config.json, run.sh) from the repo above (daniel-mrd-andersson/hassioaddons).

2. Copy the files to your /addons share under a folder named ‘conbee’.

3. Edit and the config.json to point to your USB-device. I had to change USB0 to USB1.

“devices”: [“/dev/ttyUSB1:/dev/ttyAMA0:rwm”],

To get your USB ID, SSH to your Home Assistant machine and run the command ‘hassio host hardware’. You should then be able to see what USB-ports are occupied.

1. Edit and update the ‘dockerfile’ with the documentation found in the comments on the raised issue for the add-on. I replaced all code-blocks, even though I suspect only some were changed.
    Trying to install the addon thru Hass.io home assistant gives me an error when downloading the qt-websockets-5.9.1-r0.apk · Issue #1 · daniel-mrd-andersson/hassioaddons · GitHub

2. Install the Addon from HASSIO local store. Then reboot.

3. servername:80 should now work in your browser of choice.

4. Configure deconz in configuration.yaml according to the HA component documentation.

4 Likes